What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Misty and Gene's G/F thread!

Who will win?

• Total voters

princessjen

Juniors
:lol:

I was yelling get off you bloody sook

That was hilarious they kept showing her. I get angry when we lose, I dont cry

foetus_head

Juniors
What a game :)

I was at my neighbours house for most of it!

With the MotM, I think sherwan or possibly Sonny Bill should have gotten it. Willy did play a great game I must admit, but I really think we need a better role model to be the holder of the Clive Churchill medal.

it was good game, GO THA DOGGIES...well deserved :clap: :clap:

yeah willie didnt deserve clive churchill medel, but he played well, wat can ya do...
go dogs

Risa

Bench
Okay, I had a topic going a few days ago where I said I wasn't going for anyone. Well, I changed my mind a few days ago. When the Roosters kept whinging in the paper I'm like dammit, I'm going for the Doggies.

So, tonight, I cheered on the Doggies, mostly due to the fact I like Andrew Ryan and Steve Price. I thought it was a great gesture at the presentation for Ryan to ask Price to come forward and speak as he was the real captain. :clap:

Back to the game, it was a bit of a knock-on-a-thon in the first 15 minutes and I was worried it'd turn out to be a boring grand final. Boy, was I wrong! It was so tense in the last 10 minutes, I really though the Roosters were going to come home because the Doggies didn't have much left in the tank. To their credit though, they hung on and came away with the biggest prize of all.

Willie Mason - deserved Clive Churchill medal winner. Some might say he's not the greatest of role models but that doesn't really come into consideration. The medal is for the best player on the ground, and in my opinion, and the Australian selectors', that was Willie Mason.

Well done to the Bulldogs, deserved Premiers of 2004. :clap: :clap: :clap:

NC

Juniors
Great game, congrats to the Bulldogs. I thought Andrew Ryan or Willie Mason would get the Clive Churchill medal.

Risa

Bench
CCGenerals said:
I thought she was cute, wished I was there next to her to give her a sympathy hug! :D

She's going to get hassled so much if all her friends saw it LOL. How embarrasing!

NC

Juniors
Risa said:
CCGenerals said:
I thought she was cute, wished I was there next to her to give her a sympathy hug! :D

She's going to get hassled so much if all her friends saw it LOL. How embarrasing!
Yeah I know, poor girl, but I couldn't help but laugh at her :lol:

General Knight

Juniors
Risa said:
CCGenerals said:

LOL! They would probably say i was some freak trying to crack on to her or something. Hmmm.........I wonder how old is she?

the_knights_rule

First Grade
well im glad the roosters lost, i havent watched teh game yet because i was ast work but i watched some of it while passing by teh tv.
A guy came through the drive thru (i work at maccas) and he had a roosters shirt on and i knew they had lost so i couldnt help myself but try and rubb it in by asking who won.. he replied with " oh umm i think the bulldogs won 16- 13"
:lol: i had to laugh at him :D lol im so mean

Zoidberg

First Grade
princessjen said:
:lol:

I was yelling get off you bloody sook

That was hilarious they kept showing her. I get angry when we lose, I dont cry

Yeah but what about if, God Forbid, we ever lose a grand final?
I agree though, it was pretty funny, she was crying with 3 minutes to go when they still had a really good shot, then they showed her after the last knock-on, she'd lost it.

Mason I think deserved Churchill Medal, just ahead of Ryan, what about that tackle from Ryan at the end, I was going for the Dogs and just started clapping and saying "great tackle" when he did that.

I'll get it all out in one post.
Imagine if the Roosters had won all 3 grades, we'd never hear the end of it.
And I just laughed at Phil Gould when they showed him with Sticky after the game. Ahhhhh LOSERS!

Doctor

Bench
Gene Krupa said:
princessjen said:
what about that girl on the tv crying that they kept showing she was annoying

Funniest thing of the night!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's what worries me about some football fans -- they just take it way too seriously. There was another kid, this time a Bulldogs fan, that they showed. In stark contrast, he was so excited and teary-eyed, he didn't know what to do with himself. He was blubbering like Aeroplane Jelly. Ah, the wonders of television. :lol:

A few brief points:
- Willie Mason was a deserved CC Medal winner. If the award goes to the best player on the park, then I have no qualms about him getting it. A tremendously strong performance from Big Willie. He may not be a great role model, and it does nothing to ease the concerns I have about his off-field activities, but it was a great performance regardless.

- I'm just pleased to see the Roosters lose. It makes for interesting reading that they've made 4 Grand Finals and only won one (and that GF was against dodgy opposition in the year the Bulldogs were spooned for salary cap cheating).

- The referee, Tim Mander, had a solid game. I thought Paul Simpkins might have been in ahead of Mander, but in the end the referee chosen did a solid job. It is the mark of a good performance when few people remember how you went, and few people comment on your performance. Mander will be proud of his achievement and performance -- a very credible display in trying conditions.

princessjen

Juniors
Yeah but what about if, God Forbid, we ever lose a grand final?
I agree though, it was pretty funny, she was crying with 3 minutes to go when they still had a really good shot, then they showed her after the last knock-on, she'd lost it.
yeah then I'll be the one crying on TV probably and I'll have to take it all back :lol:

I was annoyed how they kept putting her on there crying when the game wasn't finished, maybe when the game was over, but they still had a good chance of winning

antonius

Coach
Willie Mason was a deserved Medal winner. The dogs are now reaping the rewards for cap cheating, it was the catayst of their effort (the "We were wronged" theory, was the motivation) Funny they still have basically the same team that rorted the cap two years ago, the fact that the NRL let them keep them and pay the money the following year was a mistake IMO, That's why I went for the Roosters , much as I dislike them. The Dogs leave a bad taste in my mouth everytime I think about them. I will say this, I think had the Roosters played Flannery in the centres and brought Webb onto the bench and dropped Hodges they would have won, Hodges did nothing in the game and was a passenger, and liability IMO.

Anonymous

Juniors
Point taken about the girl crying guys, it was still funny though. Oswin makes a very good point too.

Mason, with 12 hours hindsight deserved the CC medal.

Latest posts