What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Rein gone

SaintPeter

Juniors
The sooner the better for mine.

I know the last couple of games (which we won) he went OK but the weaknesses in his game (decision making and timing, etc, from the dummy half) are affecting the entire team. He is not alone in this team with suspect/poor decision making in offence but one less will benefit.

It shows the club is heading in the right direction.

getsmarty

Immortal
Rein has played well the last couple of games but his service out of dummy half is still not the best. When LEstrange comes on our attack is more direct and Rein is shown up. Rein has potential, but not on the dollars he currently demands. Its a pity that we let Morris/Merrin go when guys like Rein/Hunt/Farrell/Green should have been shown the door.

Last edited:

Lethal25

Juniors
Weird how his form picked up around the same time rumours of being offloaded appear. Surely he wouldn't have been playing for a contract and trying to impress a prospective new coach.

Maybe he should be signed on a week by week contract!

bhabs

Juniors
Tough decision - stay as a bench player with the defending premiers who look to be well prepared to be a contender for a few more years or go to a side undergoing a massive rebuilding phase as a starter.
Still confident we will get McInnes mate? Would be a good signing

stgill2001

Juniors
Mitch isn't the worse. He's been playing well.. Why go aftwr a dummy half we have quite a few let's use these guys we got

natheel

Coach
Mitch Rein reminds me of Matt Keating. Loyal and tries hard but is just solid nothing special

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
If he put on another 5kg, we could use him like Dean Young, start him at hooker then rotate him to lock. For a smaller bloke, he pulls off some big hits.

Twenty10

Juniors
He had a good game once every 6 or 7 games. When he does have a decent game he manages to have people (and commentators) talking him up for rep duties. It's ridiculous. I have never understood it. He's an average hooker. If we had a class dummy half we it would go a long way.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
He had a good game once every 6 or 7 games. When he does have a decent game he manages to have people (and commentators) talking him up for rep duties. It's ridiculous. I have never understood it. He's an average hooker. If we had a class dummy half we it would go a long way.
+ a decent half

mickeylane

Bench
According to twitter, Mitch Rein is being released. Anyone have some leads?

Maybe clearing the cap? I think he's on big coin and maybe not worth it...? Below I have attached Josh Massoud's tweet

@josh_massoud - "Tonight on @7NewsSydney: @NRL_Dragons start talks to offload hooker Mitch Rein. Chasing @SSFCRABBITOHS understudy Cameron McInnes. @7Sport"

I was tipped off a month ago...and posted it here..

Cherry Evans to Gold Coast
Foran to Eels
Jake Friend to Dragons (will get released to join us)

SAP58

Juniors
Dont think that will happen but bring on Cameron McInnes, would be a great buy if wev can get him.