What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MItch Rein is Staying with Dragons.

Emu01

Juniors
All you clowns that want Farrah to play hooker for the dragons at the expense of Rein..You are kidding yourselves..I have been reading these stories on here this last week thinking "surely these clowns don't think Farrah is better than Mitch Rein.

Rein has been in the top 3 players week in week out all year and I keep reading people bag him..You know who you are so eat crow cos I just heard Mitch Rein is staying with us and the Farrah deal is off he is staying at the Tigers..

Mitch is an awesome player and is staying with the Dragons so don't start any rumours ok you clowns..Without his defence in the middle we probably wouldn't have made the 8.

Farrah is nothing but trouble ok WE DONT WANT HIM.

Mr Red

First Grade
I'm a genuine believer of two things,
1. Rein will never reach full potential under the previous and current coaching staff, he's had 4 years of wasted development.
2. To be a top hooker I believe you need a decent kicking game, aka smith, Ennis, and even Farah for that matter. Rein doesn't have this.

nrlnrl

First Grade
I'm sorry to disappoint those who want Robbie Farah playing for the Dragons, but it won't be happening. As I mentioned elsewhere, that article in the Sun Herald was pure speculation with if, could & might somehow building a headline that the Dragons were favourites to sign Farah.

It might've been one of those situations that people talk about when a player manager 'leaks' a story to a mate in the media to create false interest, but I've never known that to happen before.

ellskimore

Juniors
All you clowns that want Farrah to play hooker for the dragons at the expense of Rein..You are kidding yourselves..I have been reading these stories on here this last week thinking "surely these clowns don't think Farrah is better than Mitch Rein.

Rein has been in the top 3 players week in week out all year and I keep reading people bag him..You know who you are so eat crow cos I just heard Mitch Rein is staying with us and the Farrah deal is off he is staying at the Tigers..

Mitch is an awesome player and is staying with the Dragons so don't start any rumours ok you clowns..Without his defence in the middle we probably wouldn't have made the 8.

I personally think Rein is the best option going forward and will be happy if that is what the club chooses to do for now. But posting in such an antagonistic manner will only fuel the Rein hate (as evidenced by the ridiculous reply posts).
This thread needs to die.

The Nick

Bench
Ok, Mrs Rein.

I personally think Rein is the best option going forward and will be happy if that is what the club chooses to do for now. But posting in such an antagonistic manner will only fuel the Rein hate (as evidenced by the ridiculous reply posts).
This thread needs to die.

These posts x 1000.

Personally I think Rein is a great hooker but surely even he would admit his service from dummy half has been shit.

BennyV

Referee
Rein had a very good season by his standards. His running game lifted, his defence solidified and he didn't make as many stops decisions to kill or momentum. He even put in a few impressive kicks!

However he still lacks a few essential ingredients to be a top class hooker. 1 is direction - you could see the difference when Le'strange cane on in that he straightened the ruck and got the forwards moving quicker. He also added leadership in a team that doesn't really have an organiser. And Reins decision making still needs a lot of improvement.

Then of course, there is the biggest gap in his repertoire, ability to pass consistently. If he haant learnt that after 3 and a.half years of first.grade, when will he?

And let's be honest, chances are he won't be resigned next year unless it's on dramatically reduced money. The fact that the club chased McInnes and signed Havili shows that they want more out of our hooker.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Rein is a average NRL hooker with limited vision,a poor passing game and no ability to kick from dummy half.
He is a ongoing work in progress for the coaching staff and should they assist him address his shortcomings over the next season or so he is still our best long term option.

RedVEddie

Juniors
Rein will never win over everyone in this forum. The guy does all the unnoticed hard work that many people don't really appreciate. He consistently was making the most or 2nd most number of tackles for us and really lifted his running game this year.

Anyone that says he needs a good kicking game is an absolute moron. We already have a congested spine of kickers in Marshall and Widdop and Dugan as a secondary option. When Rein needed to kick for us ( when Marshall got injured) he suprisingly did a great job.

My only problem with Rein is that he will never be a great player until he can play 80mins at a consistent level. I found that Rein was constantly disappearing in the end of the halves where he had to play 80mins because of the number of tackles he had to make. If he can improve his mental and physical endurance he will reduce the errors he makes and improve his passing game.

BennyV

Referee
Rein is a average NRL hooker with limited vision,a poor passing game and no ability to kick from dummy half.
He is a ongoing work in progress for the coaching staff and should they assist him address his shortcomings over the next season or so he is still our best long term option.

If he is an average hooker, then there's no way he is our best long term option. And if he hasn't learnt the basics of throwing a pass from the ground yet, there's little more development he can do...

Edit: can we make a poll in this thread? Get some votes for 'Rein Rocks', 'Solid but limited' and 'Boooo Rein'...solve this argument once and for all!

Emu mate, you have your head in the sand.

Straight Shooter

Latest posts