What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Rein

BigBoss

Juniors
I think it's just about curtains for Rein myself. He's a tough player in defence I'll give him that; tries his heart out every game. But in attack his decision making is atrocious. Too many times now I've seen balls thrown all over the bloody place and all it's doing is screwing up our forwards. Jack Debelin even blew up at him today lol. I'm not making this call based on this single game either. It's been going on for far too long now.

I say we throw the checkbook at Segeyaro personally.

grouch

First Grade
He was utterly horrendous. Even his defence is overrated - Souths scored their first try right through him

ellskimore

Juniors
I think it's just about curtains for Rein myself. He's a tough player in defence I'll give him that; tries his heart out every game. But in attack his decision making is atrocious. Too many times now I've seen balls thrown all over the bloody place and all it's doing is screwing up our forwards. Jack Debelin even blew up at him today lol. I'm not making this call based on this single game either. It's been going on for far too long now.

I say we throw the checkbook at Segeyaro personally.

I'm nowhere near as critical as most people in here of the Reintrain. But I would absolutely be looking to upgrade to Seggers.

GC Dragon

Juniors
I would as well . Give Wallace a go at Half and Havili at Hooker . Don't know a lot about Coster ...But he looked great up in Brisbane

Coster is an ex NYC player from the Dragons and he goes alright.

Wallace looks like he can be anything but he has only played at Q Cup and NSW Cup level so far.

Alas as they don't have a contract with the Dragons at this stage we will never know how good they could really be.

GC Dragon

Juniors
So two young players in our own backyard that could be given a Dragons contract for next to nothing ? ....And have the potential to replace Benji and Rein ?

Turk

Juniors
Releasing Rein, Thompson and Marshall at the end of the year will free up close to 1.5 million with which we could hit the market aggressively. With that kind of money we could easily sign a hooker like Segeyaro and get Valentine Holmes.

BigBoss

Juniors
While it's pretty unlikely we could ever get Segeyaro I think he would be great for us. Strong tackler, speed out of dummy half, much more consistent passing game, can play 80mins aswell, great footy instincts.

Never hurts to try though he's off contract end of this year. Better act soon, time's a tickin'.

Last edited:
All will be off contract at the end of the season.

How you came up with 1.5 million is an interesting assumption.

Segeyaro is he even off contract and Holmes won't be leaving the Sharks any time soon.

Turk

Juniors
Rein is on 400 to 450. Thompson 400 k and Marshall 500 to 550. Close to 1.5 mil.... If you add Creagh and Dylan Farrell to the list its easily over 2 million. Problem was Steve Price signed Thompson and re signed Rein both on overs. If i remember correctly at the time the Eels were going hard after Rein.

BigBoss

Juniors
Yep there will plenty of cash in the kitty once those blokes leave/retire.

We need another big gun in the spine, whether it's Segeyaro, Reynolds, or even Cronk we need to have a go regardless.

Mitch Rein is just far too inconsistent for mine. Screws up all our momentum with his garbage footy instincts and passing game.

I have seen some brilliant stuff from Rein, however the ordinary stuff blows my mind. If only he could find some consistency on the positive side of the ledger

saints4ever

First Grade
We are paying him 450k...what's your point?
For that kind of money he should be the absolute last person we should be worrying about re our attack. Instead he's the first

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Rein is average at best and whilst I would love to see him make the grade he just does not look to be improving.An honest toiler who gives his best under limited natural ability.

The Dragons have alot of average players or should i say players who lack certain attributes.

Dugan struggles with his passing.
Aitken the same as Dugan.
Benji to hot and cold.
Marketo all heart but a tad small

and so on.

Latest posts