What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce arrested over altercation outside a Kings Cross nightclub

Now that's f**king hilarious. Hodkinson didn't cost NSW the series for the sake of his own rep career, there's no reason not to selection and unfortunately for Pearce the only way he's going to get his jumper back is if there's injuries.
When did Mitchell cost NSW the series for the sake of his own rep career? That gif where he grubbers instead of passes? At least he was doing something, Reynolds was non-existant for 95% of the game.

Hodkinson played no better and no worse than Pearce but NSW won and you don't change a winning formula unless it disadvantages Souths

Therefore unless Reynolds replaces Hodkinson nothing changes

Why you would want Pearec to play for NSW and disadvantage the Roosters and NSW is beyond me
I prefer Pearcey playing for us, I'm just saying Reynolds didn't play better nor is he the better player. So Pearce shouldn't cop so much shit.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Now that's f**king hilarious. Hodkinson didn't cost NSW the series for the sake of his own rep career, there's no reason not to selection and unfortunately for Pearce the only way he's going to get his jumper back is if there's injuries.

Are you suggesting Pearce continually selected himself to play for NSW at the risk of NSW losing :? You do realise that that's what the selectors do, right?

Swarzey

Bench
When did Mitchell cost NSW the series for the sake of his own rep career? That gif where he grubbers instead of passes? At least he was doing something, Reynolds was non-existant for 95% of the game.

Because kicking for yourself instead of taking the obvious overlaps is completely acceptable. There's more than one gif and it wouldn't hurt as much if they didn't go directly into the Queensland line. And when did this become a discussion about Reynolds? All Hodkinson had to do is provide structure and take pressure off Farah to be a more successful Origin player than Pearce, which he did in both games.

But I reiterate my point: When the time called for Hodkinson to stand up and provide for NSW, he did where as Pearce said "f**k it" and left it to Farah. That single moment alone, regardless that it was the only one is more important than everything that came before it.

Because kicking for yourself instead of taking the obvious overlaps is completely acceptable. There's more than one gif and it wouldn't hurt as much if they didn't go directly into the Queensland line. And when did this become a discussion about Reynolds? All Hodkinson had to do is provide structure and take pressure off Farah to be a more successful Origin player than Pearce, which he did in both games.

But I reiterate my point: When the time called for Hodkinson to stand up and provide for NSW, he did where as Pearce said "f**k it" and left it to Farah. That single moment alone, regardless that it was the only one is more important than everything that came before it.
I meant Hodkinson sorry, and no way did he take pressure off Farah, Farah did everything, he did too much because the halves weren't doing shit and structure? Hahahaha, unless the NSW structure is pass to Gallen and Greg Bird every time then no structure was followed. I didn't see one move where Tupou, Jennings, Dugan or Hopoate was used.

Swarzey

Bench
I meant Hodkinson sorry, and no way did he take pressure off Farah, Farah did everything, he did too much because the halves weren't doing shit and structure? Hahahaha, unless the NSW structure is pass to Gallen and Greg Bird every time then no structure was followed. I didn't see one move where Tupou, Jennings, Dugan or Hopoate was used.

You're missing the point though: He stood up when it was needed. What he did resulted in 6 points and the series victory. That responsibility wasn't always on Farah unlike last year where he, for whatever reason, had to kick to McManus on the wing for a final clutch play. He shouldn't have to do that. Hodkinson took the ball at a vital time and got the points. For the remainder of the game there wasn't pressure for Farah to get the job done.

Quite simply I don't recall a single moment that Pearce delivered the needed goods at Origin level and unless you need reminding of my point: Hodkinson did.

If that's the way you saw Origin, then I can't really argue with it, it's how you saw it but I saw enough to be settled with it. Like I said earlier, it wasn't anything special but it was enough.

Apey

Staff member
Hodkinson scored the series winning try and slotted the series winning conversion. Conversation over as far as SOO is concerned.

Chook Norris

First Grade
I think we can all agree that Hodkinson stood up when he was needed. But any suggestions that it was Pearce's sole fault (along with Maloney's) that the Blues attack was rubbish in past series is still unfounded IMO. The Blues still had the same structural issues in attack in game 2. Game 1 gave everyone the illusion the current halves pairing was the answer to NSW's attacking issues when it was clear that without Hayne, NSW would have shown nothing in attack. Sure Hodkinson's appointment has reaped rewards with a series win, but he still isn't the answer in the long run

Y2Eel

First Grade
The bulldog halves added bugger all in attack to be honest their kicking game was non existent.

Dave_

Juniors
Shitchell has proven time and time again that he's just a very average player who has a kinda decent club game every now and then. His efforts at rep level have been nothing short of laughable and anyone who disputes this is delusional.

Fact is, Shitchell had 6 or so series to win (or even play decent) and has failed every time. He's a dud in every sense of the word. Hodkinson, who I might add isn't that great either, had 1 series to prove himself and has the series won before game 3.

Shitchell is the worst origin player in recent memory and will never wear a rep jumper again. I hope he's feeling as bad as he's played for the last 6 years.

Last edited:
The bulldog halves added bugger all in attack to be honest their kicking game was non existent.

I was surprised that every high kick was either a mid-field one or directed to thjeir right hand side. Virtually no high kick from Hodkinson, Reynolds, nor Farah went towards Tupou's side of the field. Quite daft.

That said Gallen, Bird and Farah kept stifling the halves by hogging the ball when close to the Qld line.

Valheru

Coach
NSW attack has been poor over the two games, it's just that the forwards have been good and the defence better. That combined with QLD not playing well is the reason we won.

Joker's Wild

Coach
.....and Pearce not kicking out on the full, grubbering directly to Qld players or throwing passes to the shoulders of his team mates

Latest posts