What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce arrested over altercation outside a Kings Cross nightclub

Oh yes, I forgot... Mitchell Pearce sure stamped his halfback talents on the code with those efforts! It's a travesty he was ever dumped from his hereditary representative role.
I too am glad they recognised his efforts and gave him a ring to show for it. Not to mention the shields and trophies.

Swarzey

Bench
Yea, I know right, it was Boyd Cordner who passed to Guerra to score in the GF and then in the MP match SBW actually drew the ball and passed to himself to score the match winning try.

Our second rowers aye, you'd swear they wear the no. 7 on their back.

Naww, your denial is cute.

It's going to be hard to accept but 2013 Roosters showed any dud halves can win a Grand Final if they've got quality edge players.

Unfortunately for Hodkinson he has to be a quality player if the Bulldogs want a premiership in 2014.

bartman

Immortal
I'm sure that showing off his ring will somehow help Pearce deal with the hollowness of now realising that he was never really up to rep football level....

true but how come the same isnt said when Jt held Hayne back from getting ball preventing a turnover?
True but howcome the decision wasnt reveresed when it was obvious Woods had touched it off the kick off? There be many how comes in the NRL and it usually comes down to one word.

Refs.

It's going to be hard to accept but 2013 Roosters showed any dud halves can win a Grand Final if they've got quality edge players.

Unfortunately for Hodkinson he has to be a quality player if the Bulldogs want a premiership in 2014.
I think the 2013 Roosters showed that it doesn't matter how good a player is, peoples bias on them will always cloud their judgment on their playing ability.

I'm sure that showing off his ring will somehow help Pearce deal with the hollowness of now realising that he was never really up to rep football level....
It may have, it may have not, but it wont help the dogs halves when they realise it.

Swarzey

Bench
I think the 2013 Roosters showed that it doesn't matter how good a player is, peoples bias on them will always cloud their judgment on their playing ability.

It may have, it may have not, but it wont help the dogs halves when they realise it.

Bias? Far from it. Mitchell Pearce has never stood up outside of a regular season match and has constantly been rewarded for rep jumpers over blokes who out perform him on a regular basis and no, I'm far from supporting Mullen here. It's hard to credit a bloke who has a record of undeserving honours.

When it comes to you Chooks fans on Pearce, you're as delusional as a Souths supporter thinking they're the pride of the league.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Awwww, bud....awwww man, hate to break it to ya but Mitchell Pearce was never an influential player in any of those wins, you only got them through your second rowers. :(

I know, I know it sucks.

I love it when geniuss like this Swarzey deadshit come out with baseless comments like this. Pearce was last season in the top couple halves for try assists and line break assists. Think you got starved of oxygen at birth.

Bias? Far from it. Mitchell Pearce has never stood up outside of a regular season match and has constantly been rewarded for rep jumpers over blokes who out perform him on a regular basis and no, I'm far from supporting Mullen here. It's hard to credit a bloke who has a record of undeserving honours.

When it comes to you Chooks fans on Pearce, you're as delusional as a Souths supporter thinking they're the pride of the league.
Pearce has been pivotal in all our years of success in recent years, even when weren't playing too well he was high up on the LB and try assist stats. To say he's only ever stoodout in a regular season match is stupid. He's been enormous for us in important matches for years.

I rate Mullen, but the only thing he has over Pearce is his kicking game. Pearce's running and passing game is much better.

Who have NSW got that's better then Pearce? Hodkinson was far from good tonight, that try will overshadow is awful performance. Brooks is too young, will probably be a superior player in two or three years however. Adam Reynolds, lol. Who else?

Swarzey

Bench
I love it when geniuss like this Swarzey deadshit come out with baseless comments like this. Pearce was last season in the top couple halves for try assists and line break assists. Think you got starved of oxygen at birth.

Did I hit a nerve there bud? Always has been, always will be the most overrated Halfback in the game.

Swish.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade

Maloney and Pearce duds, keep digging that hole genius.

Swarzey

Bench
Pearce has been pivotal in all our years of success in recent years, even when weren't playing too well he was high up on the LB and try assist stats. To say he's only ever stoodout in a regular season match is stupid. He's been enormous for us in important matches for years.

I rate Mullen, but the only thing he has over Pearce is his kicking game. Pearce's running and passing game is much better.

Who have NSW got that's better then Pearce? Hodkinson was far from good tonight, that try will overshadow is awful performance. Brooks is too young, will probably be a superior player in two or three years however. Adam Reynolds, lol. Who else?

To be fair on Mullen here, Wayne Bennett doesn't let him have a running game and not even a passing game. It's at a point when both are non existent.

However, all the above becomes irrelevant when you target Hodkinson's performance tonight. It wasn't great, but he did the one thing that Mitchell Pearce could never do, stand up when the time called for him to. It does overshadow his performance, much like Pearce throwing away opportunities last year to save his Origin spot, but it was enough to justify re-selection.

Clearly you're down to clutching at straws to justify Pearce's continual selection. I'm willing to settle that he's a decent club player, actually, that's how I do genuinely feel, he's just not the player to me and clearly a good portion of league fans than you lot see him as.

Swarzey

Bench
Bit rich with a gimp like Mullen as your halfback, enjoy your spoon.

Halfback? Well, if we're counting the 5/8 as a halfback! Mullen's kicking game is enough to put him well and truly a head of Pearce. No Bennett and with his running game returning, Pearce would be begging to carry his bags.

But yeah, nah, we're going to win the spoon because Mullen isn't at his best, just like Pearce won the Roosters a premiership. Though I'll enjoy the spoon knowing seasons can't get much worse than this. :)

To be fair on Mullen here, Wayne Bennett doesn't let him have a running game and not even a passing game. It's at a point when both are non existent.

However, all the above becomes irrelevant when you target Hodkinson's performance tonight. It wasn't great, but he did the one thing that Mitchell Pearce could never do, stand up when the time called for him to. It does overshadow his performance, much like Pearce throwing away opportunities last year to save his Origin spot, but it was enough to justify re-selection.

Clearly you're down to clutching at straws to justify Pearce's continual selection. I'm willing to settle that he's a decent club player, actually, that's how I do genuinely feel, he's just not the player to me and clearly a good portion of league fans than you lot see him as.
I couldn't be f**ked writing another bunch paragraphs so I'll keep it short.

Hodkinson played worse then Pearce ever did at Origin for 79 mins, should 1 minute of good play be enough to justify Reynolds re-selectiom?

Lambretta

First Grade
The only try of the match, and the try that won the origin series!

What's Pearce ever f**king won, or contributed to in a winning fashion? A pussycat doll, that's about it!

Pearce has only ever won things that matter to Roosters fans and no one else
As such he should only ever play for the Roosters

NSW fans will be happy that more talented players are winning Origin series for NSW and Roosters fans will be happy that our halves are playing for the Roosters and no one else

As far as I can see that's a win win situation

I never wanted Pearce to play for NSW and I never want to see him play for them ever again

That said I would rather that Jake Friend never plays for QLD either

Swarzey

Bench

Hodkinson played worse then Pearce ever did at Origin for 79 mins, should 1 minute of good play be enough to justify Reynolds re-selectiom?

Now that's f**king hilarious. Hodkinson didn't cost NSW the series for the sake of his own rep career, there's no reason not to selection and unfortunately for Pearce the only way he's going to get his jumper back is if there's injuries.

Lambretta

First Grade

Hodkinson played no better and no worse than Pearce but NSW won and you don't change a winning formula unless it disadvantages Souths

Therefore unless Reynolds replaces Hodkinson nothing changes

Why you would want Pearec to play for NSW and disadvantage the Roosters and NSW is beyond me

Latest posts