What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce - no spoilers

tiger_nick

Bench
a tiger fan putting sh*t on pearce ... still upset he went east huh ?

mitchell was never a tigers junior and wayne has said multiple times he didnt want him to start his career at the tigers. as the son of a legend i wish him all the best with whoever he plays for.

my point has nothing to do with his ability, it has everything to do with how he carries himself on the football field.

aelek

Juniors
Yeah Karmichael bumped him off too, then he came back in with gritted teeth trying to get him back. Hunt just got up laughing.

You useless prick . The guy will be twice as good as coward and better than any sh*t player you bunch of sooks can produce.

bartman

Immortal
The commentators have over-hyped this guy something shocking.

I don't know whether that was because of who his dad is or what, but they've built him up to be this young star that he just isn't. he's a solid player at best, but the myth and legend is way beyond the capabilities he's showing on form.

And how did he get rep selectiuon?? I predict a very tough next season for the guy. At least with his dad being the type of man he seemed, you can presume the kid will be balanced enough to cope with the inevitable fall from grace and sophomore slump a bit better than some other recent standout young halfbacks (Smith, Carney).

Tommax25

Bench
mitchell was never a tigers junior and wayne has said multiple times he didnt want him to start his career at the tigers. as the son of a legend i wish him all the best with whoever he plays for.

my point has nothing to do with his ability, it has everything to do with how he carries himself on the football field.

I remember reading that mitch chose not to play for tigers on purpose because of his dad, because he wanted to make a name for himself on his own ability and not off his dads coattails. But I don't know where I read that, just read it around the time he started playing last season. Thats sound very noble if its true, I'd just go to the tigers, but thats me.

OVP

Coach
Thats what i been saying about the roosters for about 20 rounds now they need a halfback and are regretting they let soward and the other halfbacks go

certain r-tards are agreeing with Gaba. Sorry, but i couldnt even bother debating with people THAT stupid.

:)

Stizyler

Juniors
Peter Wallace totally outplayed him tonight despite Anasta giving him plenty of help.

Pearce is a solid player but he isn't the superstar he's made out to be. Mullen and Wallace are better players. Wallace's defence tonight was top notch.

Pearce is only young though and has had a long season and you can see Origin took it out of him. He hasn't been the same since.
Wallace is only 22, playing his first full tear in first grade and out performing Pearce week in week out. i hate the "he is only young give him time" argument, if he isn't ready then chuck him into the lower grades.

Gaba

First Grade
This is why the roosters should have kept a back up halfback , pearce is a failure he only knows one thing is kicking. It shows how poor of a coach fitler is refuses to drop him until he learns to attack more other then the kick

Tom Ace

Bench
I do enjoy these threads.

Pathetic opposition supporters tearing into a 19 year old kid still learning the ropes that, through no fault of his own, was pumped up by the media prematurely and it's somehow his fault and he is suddenly the worst player in the comp.

It's laughable.

And to prove my point further Gaba actually agrees with these stupid comments. That should immediately prove them to be utterly idiotic right there and then.

Chook Norris

First Grade
I do enjoy these threads.

Pathetic opposition supporters tearing into a 19 year old kid still learning the ropes that, through no fault of his own, was pumped up by the media prematurely and it's somehow his fault and he is suddenly the worst player in the comp.

It's laughable.

And to prove my point further Gaba actually agrees with these stupid comments. That should immediately prove them to be utterly idiotic right there and then.
precisely

and there's no point of chucking him in the lower grades, you'll learn better in 1st grade around a good solid pack

Red Bear

Referee
why would you both replying or debating with Gaba. He is clearing a vendetta driven idiot. Its like debating the Daily Telegraph.

RWB

Bench

Even though you accused him of something he didn't do... maybe you should take a look in the mirror. :lol::crazy:

The Business

Juniors
Does anybody else think this bloke is an arrogant cat?

His Father is my all time favourite player and due to this I was a big fan of Mitchell's early on his career. However this year he has come across as nothing but a twat. How he got away with not being suspended for that kneeing incident the other week was beyond me.

Then tonight When the little Tupou/Thaiday thing is going on he runs in, pushes Thaiday then runs behind all the Roosters players. Thaiday went looking for him but he was about 4 deep in the group.

For mine the bloke isn't even a good player. Great kicking game and very solid defender but thats it. No running game and he doesn't create anything for his team mates.

I hope Junior pulls him into line as he is descracing the Pearce name the way he carries on.
He's a halfback. It's their trademark to be cheeky pr!cks.

jdizzle

Juniors
Pearce will come good... There is probably only 4 halfbacks I'd rather than him in the comp.

He just needs to learn to take control in the 2nd half.

That kind of sh*t comes with experience.

JT_

Juniors
Its laughable to see everyone bagging Pearce out and comparing him to Wallace.

Like jdizzle said he will gain valuable experience from this and he will learn as he goes along.

LOL at this thread. Name me another halfback that was going as well as Pearce is at 19.

Every half back ever born?

Seriously, give the kid a break. This is top grade and he is still learning. Finals series are a whole new learning curve. As for shoving Thaiday and running off, good on him Half backs are expected to be cheekly little shyts who get under the skin of the opposing forwards.

Last edited:

Latest posts