What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

Mitchell Pearce has proven once and for all, by his State of Origin performance, that he is the unchallenged second best half back in the NRL (after Cooper Cronk of course).. He threw some beautiful passes and defended brilliantly.

I don't know how many people realise that it was Mitchell Pearce's cut out pass to Tommy Turbo that created the opening and enabled Blake Ferguson (another former Rooster) to break the Queensland tackle and set up the inside pass to current Rooster James Tedesco to score the match winning try.

The Bye

Juniors
I don't know how many people realise that it was Mitchell Pearce's cut out pass to Tommy Turbo that created the opening and enabled Blake Ferguson (another former Rooster) to break the Queensland tackle and set up the inside pass to current Rooster James Tedesco to score the match winning try.
A1F1006B-2487-4ACA-9A28-3B57B98B7949.jpeg

You’d have to be a borderline vegetable to have not been able to take advantage of the numerical advantage NSW had on the right hand edge on that play. I suppose the bar is set relatively low for Mitchell given his past failures in this arena, which is why people are ecstatic with him not f**king up this simple play.

Good on him for being able to finally get a hold of the shield. You could tell on his face though it was a bit of a hollow victory given his past failures.

King hit

Coach
Is Mitchell and Wayne Pearce the only father and son winning series combo? I’ve been thinking about this and can’t think of anyone else.

T-Boon

Coach
View attachment 31305

You’d have to be a borderline vegetable to have not been able to take advantage of the numerical advantage NSW had on the right hand edge on that play. I suppose the bar is set relatively low for Mitchell given his past failures in this arena, which is why people are ecstatic with him not f**king up this simple play.

Good on him for being able to finally get a hold of the shield. You could tell on his face though it was a bit of a hollow victory given his past failures.

It is more impressive than you make out due to the fact players are coached to play very conservative in todays game. Overlaps like that are all over the place in a typical NRL game but players dont pass because they are just told to tuck it under the wing and play safe. This play is what is now called a "heads up play" (a term I am already sick of). Given it was inside own half and NSW lost game one due to an intercept its is at the very least a gutsy pass.

Last edited:

T-Boon

Coach
Mitchell Pearce has proven once and for all, by his State of Origin performance, that he is the unchallenged second best half back in the NRL (after Cooper Cronk of course).. He threw some beautiful passes and defended brilliantly.

I thought he was very good.
He is much more likeable since moving away from the Roosters, and he has improved his diction/elocution noticeably.
What is it about the culture at the Roosters that players have to talk a lot dumber than they are? Cordner for example. I dont think Cordner is dumb but the evidence of his talking makes it seem like he dropped out in primary school.

The Bye

Juniors
I thought he was very good.
He is much more likeable since moving away from the Roosters, and he has improved his diction/elocution noticeably.
What is it about the culture at the Roosters that players have to talk a lot dumber than they are? Cordner for example. I dont think Cordner is dumb but the evidence of his talking makes it seem like he dropped out in primary school.
Cordner was born and raised in Taree. It’s not his fault he’s intellectually challenged, and sounds like he’s speaking in slow motion.

no name

Coach
Is Mitchell and Wayne Pearce the only father and son winning series combo? I’ve been thinking about this and can’t think of anyone else.
Martin and John Lang.

John Lang played in the one off game of 1980.

Martin played in games 1 and 2 of 1998, missed the decider. He played in all three games of the drawn 1999 series.

The hatred for Mitchell Pearce is truly sick. He has won a Grand Final playing for the greatest rugby league club that the world has ever seen. Hence the pathetically jealous fans of lesser clubs continue to denigrate him.

t-ba

Post Whore
The hatred for Mitchell Pearce is truly sick. He has won a Grand Final playing for the greatest rugby league club that the world has ever seen. Hence the pathetically jealous fans of lesser clubs continue to denigrate him.

North Sydney Brothers?

Latest posts