What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MLB Thread

Surely the braves wrap it up Wednesday
Fried will start in game 6 for the Braves and they will need 5 or 6 innings out of him -Losing Morton with a fractured Fibula in game 1 didn't help the rotation with 2 Rookies used in game 4 and 5- Need to pick themselves up after the disappointment of losing game 5 and not wrapping up the series in Atlanta. They don't want it going to game 7.

Any Baseball fans here?
No. I'm an anti fan of any Americarnts sport. That includes baseball, basketball, ice hockey and gridiron.

It's not about the "sport" anymore, it's more about the entertainment wankfest that now is the centrepiece of the fakeness that all Americarnts practise with great skill.

T-Boon

Coach
No. I'm an anti fan of any Americarnts sport. That includes baseball, basketball, ice hockey and gridiron.

It's not about the "sport" anymore, it's more about the entertainment wankfest that now is the centrepiece of the fakeness that all Americarnts practise with great skill.

American sports are entertaining and they believe in putting on a great show rather than an English sport type of a bore fest but it is definitely all about the sport. All the analytics in American sports. All the coaching. Its great stuff.

American sports are entertaining and they believe in putting on a great show rather than an English sport type of a bore fest but it is definitely all about the sport. All the analytics in American sports. All the coaching. Its great stuff.
Been licking Biden's, Trump's, Obama's and the Bush's arses? The best thing that can happen to the United States of Arrogance is for the Chinese to convert Los Angeles to New Yuck into a huge glass carpark. A couple of thousand megaton should it.

Not keen on the Chinese either.

The Commissioners trophy (World Series Championship-Baseball) is the hardest sport trophy in the world to win - 162 game regular season then post season for both leagues - National and American Leagues - 1 off wild card games then best of 5 games division series play offs - then best of 7 games League championship series then best of 7 games World Series Championship series.

NY Yankees have won the most World Series Championships with 27 with their last appearance in 2009.

2022 regular season starts on 31st March and Ends on 2nd October - Early to Mid February Spring training commences with a series of practice games in either the Grapefruit league for teams training in Florida or the Cactus League for teams training in Arizona.

Last edited:
Well done to braves
Yes great end to the regular season and post season for the Atlanta Braves - It wasn't until the end of August that the Braves got above .500 - finished the regular season on .547 in the NL East Division- 88 wins and 74 losses.

Post season

3 games to 1 Division series win vs Milwaukee Brewers(NL Central Division)
4 games to 2 National League Championship series win vs LA Dodgers
4 games to 2 World Series Championship series win vs Houston Astros

T-Boon

Coach
As I understand it the experiment with extra inning starting with 2nd base runners is being axed for next season. I liked it but it was unpopular.
I think the national league is moving to designated hitters though I am not sure if that is next season.

roboshark

Coach
I hated how a team with over 100 wins has to play the wildcard game. They need to change that

I hated how a team with over 100 wins has to play the wildcard game. They need to change that
Could change in 2022 along the following lines

MLB is proposing to expand the playoffs to 14 teams; once the current collective bargaining agreement expires in 2021, the change may happen in 2022. There could be four wild card teams & three division winners per league. Only the division winner with the best record gets a first-round bye into the Division Series.

The proposed first-round format will be best-of-three series, with the higher seeds hosting every game. The second seed may choose to play the fifth, sixth or seventh-seeded team; then the third seed from remaining two; with the fourth playing the remaining team. No changes will be made for the rest of the playoffs. By default, the second hosts the seventh, the third hosts the sixth & the fourth the fifth.

I assume 3 of the wild card teams will be the division runners up and the 4th wild card the best 3rd place division team

If in 2021

National League for an example

SF Giants(1)- .660- NL West Division Winner to Division series- best record of the division winners

Ist Round- best of 3 games

Brewers (2)- .586 - NL Central Division Winner
Braves (3) - .547 - NL East Division Winner
* Dodgers (4) - .654 - Runner up NL West Division
* Cardinals (5) - .556- Runner up NL Central Division
* Phillies (6) - .506 - Runner up NL East Division
** Reds (7) - .512- Best record of 3rd place division teams in the NL

* Wild card - Division runner ups
** Best 3rd place team from the 3 Divisions in the NL

2nd round - Division Series play off's - Best of 5 games

3rd Round - National League Championship Series - best of 7 games- Winner to World Series

4th Round - World Series Championship

Last edited:

Latest posts