What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MNF R5 - Raiders v Roosters *Spoilers/Discussion*

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I don't think next weeks bye could've come at a worse time for the Roosters, they really looked like hitting their straps tonight and that might just kill that momentum towards a win.

mxlegend99

Referee
always a raider said:
Lol, its obvious why MX is dirty. He wants to see the Green Machine lose so the mighty Panfers can justify signing Supercoach!
And how would them losing justify it? I don't want the Raiders to lose, i want the better team to win.

I'm still hopeful the Roosters take the spoon.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Anyone felt a little uneasy after watching Opes at the press conference? Looked like his heart was giving him abit of grief.

mxlegend99

Referee
always a raider said:
If that were the case you would have left it at 1 post, not continued throughout the entire thread.
I posted at each BS call. The biggest BS call to go against the Raiders, the Roosters screwed up on the first tackle.

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:
Amos and Mini weren't too bad. They tried pretty hard. Neither are at their peaks though.

Anasta had one of his best games though. Deadset awesome game. I think he was the only reason the Roosters were in it at the end. He didn't give up.

WIth the slim pickings for Blues, he may even be some sort of a chance.

Amos touched the ball 8 times and made only 2 tackles twice he even avoided making tackles that he should have gone in for. He just stood around on the wing all night and didn't even attempt a hit up. Lazy in the extreme.

mxlegend99 said:
That was a cheap win.

Roosters played them off the park, and the Raiders were gifted that win. They should feel very lucky to get away with it. That was one of the worst refereeing displays i have seen.

Must of...considering the Raiders were up by 20 points, and the Goosters only made a comeback when the raiders lost their halfback and only had 2 fit blokes on the bench. Give yourself an uppercut.

miccle

Bench
Very entertaining game for neutrals that - I thoroughly enjoyed it :D

On the topic of the Roosters, I've a hunch that their 1000th win will come on ANZAC day... that's right, next week against the Saints. Dragons not setting the world on fire, and I think it'll be a huge occasion for the Bondi boys.

NB: Don't drag this thread up in ten days time, or blame me if you lose your money on this choice.

Mr Saab

Referee
What a low game that will be in terms of status.
Still, it will be 2 very desperate teams.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The Raiders are no longer wooden spoon favourites we're up to 3.40. The Roosters now have that crown at 3.10.

Excellent.................everything is falling into place.

Penance

Juniors
Well Done to the Raiders. I always KNEW you guys wouldnt get the wooden spoon. Ofcourse, LONG season to go, but i mean....come on..

No idea why Souths let go of Scott Logan :( He was good Tonight

Walt Flanigan

Referee
the crowd was just shy of 16k tonight which is fantastic considering it was a cold monday night and the Brumbies are winning at the moment. Todd Carney will be a big name around Canberra very soon.

Yeah Scott Logan has been absolute dynamite for us so far this year, close to our best forward, constantly making good metres, and he hits damn hard in defence.

OVP

Coach
Choppies really said it all. We didnt actually deserve to win, too much crap, but i was impressed with the Raiders. If they even go close to being in spoon contention i'll be shocked. VERY Happy with Craig Wing's game ... guess whos playing for a 300k contract ? :lol:

Anasta was great, but had a soft second half. Our forwards and Mitchell Pearce are pathetic though. The Roosters only had a three man team tonight ... Wing, Anasta and Fitzy. The rest should go look at joining the queue at Centrelink. Not bad for a 3 man team actually.

But the Raiders were just too good. Theyve got heaps of young kids under no pressure whatsoever, they'll not even go close to the spoon. Good luck you young Raiders.

OVP

Coach
Walt Flanigan said:
Yeah I don't know why they persist with Pearce, surely Jamie Soward is a better option.

EVERYONE can see it ... except our dumbarse club :(

voltron

Juniors
i thought two of the tries were dodgy
and sad that it was like that

but the roosters played some good football
and if that could be maintained over even 60minutes, they'll do well

man i thought anasta had caught it, but i guess its just one of those balls
and minichello, i reckon could have had two tries
the obvious one he didnt catch, but also that one he passed when he was tackled, i kinda think momentum could have carried him over the line
but oh well
i hope mini hasnt lost his killer instincts.
playing to conservatively to save his back
but good defense by him though

carney is going to a be a great talent in years to come.

OVP said:
Choppies really said it all. We didnt actually deserve to win, too much crap, but i was impressed with the Raiders. If they even go close to being in spoon contention i'll be shocked. VERY Happy with Craig Wing's game ... guess whos playing for a 300k contract ? :lol:

Anasta was great, but had a soft second half. Our forwards and Mitchell Pearce are pathetic though. The Roosters only had a three man team tonight ... Wing, Anasta and Fitzy. The rest should go look at joining the queue at Centrelink. Not bad for a 3 man team actually.

But the Raiders were just too good. Theyve got heaps of young kids under no pressure whatsoever, they'll not even go close to the spoon. Good luck you young Raiders.

Quite impressed with Craig Wing's game tonight aswell as Anasta even if he was quiet in the second half.

Did anyone else notice that Costigan kept running at Harrison and over the top of him in defence in that second half? Poor bastard, some return to first grade for him.

Better luck next week chooks :)

Latest posts