What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moi Moi charge *NRL Charge Sheet Added*

Dutchy

Immortal
Not even worth a penalty. The game is getting soft. In the WCC Manly were penalised twice for shoulder charges. WTF!!

Who was the ref last night? Probably that same nice person that reffed he WCC.

lewiscook

Juniors
tbh,
im really reallyy, liking what DA is saying or telling ffmm to do..
ffmm went out tonight with no fear. hes just got to work on his targetting when putting on big hits and make sure he continues to get a lot of steam before hit ups...

i said it in a nother thread before. how would u guys like to see mannah and ffmm be our two starting props?

Eels Dude

Coach
Two refs and one video ref and they still couldn't get it right. I don't the philosophy that if a player has a head injury, then it must have been an illegal tackle.

No penalty for mine and leave it for the video match review committee.

The ref only put it on report because he was concussed and the other side get a free interchange if a tackle is put on report. It's a stupid rule. It may have a purpose, but it's stupid because it results in players being put on report when they never should be, only to give a free interchange.

Parra

Referee
The loss of possession and the penalty hurt us more than any report / interchange.

Q - How many officials does it take to get a decision right?

In NRL right now we have 2 refs, 2 touch judges & a video ref and blatant garbage like this still occurs regularly.

grapeape

Juniors
Meanwhile, Parramatta officials are preparing to defend prop Fuifui Moimoi if he is charged today by the NRL match review committee over what Warriors coach Ivan Cleary called a "bloody big hit" on lock Micheal Luck in Saturday night's 26-18 win by the Auckland club.
Moimoi was reported after Luck lost the ball when knocked out at the point of impact but the Eels camp was dismayed that he was penalised.
The Tongan prop was shocked and asked "what for?" when referee Alan Shortall told him he was on report, but under NRL judiciary rules, a player can be suspended for a high tackle if his shoulder comes into contact with an opponent's head.
Luck's body position appeared to drop as he went into contact with Moimoi.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/cap-auditor-queries-stewart-link/2009/03/15/1237054652033.html

Gronk

Staff member
No way did he attack the head of the player. The penalty was a knee jerk reaction because the player was injured IMO.

thedux

Juniors
Luck's head was moving forward and Fui was stationary so by definition, the head came into contact with the shoulder. Its just simple physics and was just one of the many poor decisions from two very inept referees!!

bartman

Immortal
Depends whether they want to start the season with a message they're getting touch etc etc?

I read somewhere that technically you can be charged with a high tackle if a shoulder makes contact with the head area. But it wasn't intentional or even reckless/careless in my view.

Just bad luck and a bad angle for the guy going into the tackle. Them's the breaks.