What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

moi moi defence

shiftysmith

Juniors
just heard that parras defence tonight is that there is no camera view of moi moi hitting barnes.maybe he is a chance;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
shiftysmith said:
just heard that parras defence tonight is that there is no camera view of moi moi hitting barnes.maybe he is a chance;-)

well that's the thing, we only saw 1 angle and even Barnes was on 10 news tonight saying he no dramas with that tackle, it was the first one he had a problem with.

strider

Post Whore
eelavation said:
well that's the thing, we only saw 1 angle and even Barnes was on 10 news tonight saying he no dramas with that tackle, it was the first one he had a problem with.

ummmm - its the first one he has been charged for

Stagger eel

Staff member
strider said:
ummmm - its the first one he has been charged for

hold on! wasn't the first one the one he was put on report?...because 10 news made a big deal of the fact that Barnes's comment that he was charged with the wrong tackle!!

shiftysmith

Juniors
i guess all you see is his arm swinging but you dont see the point of impact,so they have to let him off........i hope

Utey

Coach
Iam gonna be so pissed off if he is outed for the season. He deserves it for the first tackle though.

shiftysmith

Juniors
eelavation said:
hold on! wasn't the first one the one he was put on report?...because 10 news made a big deal of the fact that Barnes's comment that he was charged with the wrong tackle!!
exactly i heard it too.

Utey

Coach
If its for the 2nd tackle he will be fine. Iam 90% sure it was for the 1st tackle whihc they just showed on channel 9. It was reckless and on the temple. 10 weeks easy.

strider

Post Whore
the first tackle is the one he has been charged with - it is not the tackle he was put on report for during the game

shiftysmith

Juniors
<UPtheEELS> said:
If its for the 2nd tackle he will be fine. Iam 90% sure it was for the 1st tackle whihc they just showed on channel 9. It was reckless and on the temple. 10 weeks easy.
the tackle that was put on report for you see him hit barnes,but the one he is there for tonight you dont see impact

strider

Post Whore
they showed the wrong tackle on channel 7 news too.....media has no clue :roll:

the defense i can see for the first tackle is:
- there is no clear shot that shows him hitting him (well not that anyone has shown)...but u don't have to imagine too hard
- he could have been swinging to stop the pass getting away
- barnes' head was low as he was on his way to the ground while passing

PIG

Juniors
I've heard they were gonna argue that he got him with the with his tricep/bicep and not his arm, which they believe was a good effort given that Barnes dipped his head into the tackle as well. I'll admit it doesn't look great for Fui, but then again we don't usually fight these charges the last couple of years unless we've felt we were a good chance at getting off, so who knows.

Utey

Coach
strider said:
they showed the wrong tackle on channel 7 news too.....media has no clue :roll:

the defense i can see for the first tackle is:
- there is no clear shot that shows him hitting him (well not that anyone has shown)...but u don't have to imagine too hard
- he could have been swinging to stop the pass getting away
- barnes' head was low as he was on his way to the ground while passing

I bet youve got more of an idea than the ppl representing Fui.

strider

Post Whore
<UPtheEELS> said:
I bet youve got more of an idea than the ppl representing Fui.

no, i am just a nuffy with an opinion :D

I'm sure the guys defending him will do all they can.....what PIG said above seems like it might have a shot, but realistically does it make a difference if he hit him with his arm as opposed to his hand?

Macca_

Coach
They just said on Fox News that the defence they used is he never made contact with the head. They have stills and all.

WOW Hindy just showed working out on the knee in the gym!