What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moimoi update

Hurriflatch

Referee
Bruno Cullen was forced to apologise to prevent a $10,000 fine for his comments re: Moimoi's tackle

Dennis seems certain to do whatever he can to get Fui off his trying to get other camera angles and will launch an appeal.

bartman

Immortal
If Denis is working on the appeal, I just hope Smithy and the boys are concentrating on planning life without Fui for this week. Denis and Fui working hard in the corner could become a distraction.

strider

Post Whore
i can't believe they have no other camera angles of it - what did channel 9 only take 1 camera to the game?....hate to break it to you denis but another angle may kinda ruin the case :lol:....altho if they r that keen to find one, maybe they really believe he didn't clonk the guy

katie

Juniors
channel 9 had the guys on the sideline with the handy cam going the whole game so why weren't they able to obtain footage from that???? probably because it looked worse from that angle lol

If it were a Broncos player that did that to Tim Smith I would be spewing, Fui deserved to be suspended it was a bad tackle. He didn't deserve 9 weeks though. That loading system is a joke.

Stagger eel

Staff member
this is not a tragedy, let's let it go and move on, we can do a number on Manly without him.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
We need him for the tough games though, he makes so many metres and really damages the opposition.

If it were a 1 week ban nobody would complain, but 9 weeks is way too harsh. He deserves a suspension though, but you won't hear me complain if they can get him out of it, he's a very crucial part of the team now.

Parrasque

Juniors
Has anyone thought of Fui in all of this. The guy is being robbed of his first finals appearance. Just because he doesnt speak much english and can't interpret the rules doesnt mean he should be outed for 9 weeks!

fish eel

Immortal
Physique said:
Has anyone thought of Fui in all of this. The guy is being robbed of his first finals appearance. Just because he doesnt speak much english and can't interpret the rules doesnt mean he should be outed for 9 weeks!

:lol:
Thats a long bow to draw, isnt it?

I mean, whats to interpret about taking a guys head off?

As Jake said, if Tim Smith was on the end of that hit, we'd be blowing up.

stuke

Bench
Physique said:

St George tried that earlier this year with Wes Naiqama and his tripping incident. :lol:

Didn't work for them though. :eek:

Kornstar

Coach
Wes Naquaima (or however you spell it) tried that defence for his tripping charge.....didn't work for and aint gonna work for Fui......

Well everyone keeps saying if it happened to Timmy, well it happened to Morris against the raiders and Gaffa got away with it, why does Fui get charged?????

The Colonel

Immortal
Before the weekend.... probably tomoprrow. It is cutting it fine though. I'm not sure an appeal was lodged at this stage...

shiftysmith

Juniors
The Colonel said:
Before the weekend.... probably tomoprrow. It is cutting it fine though. I'm not sure an appeal was lodged at this stage...
thanks... i think its worth appealing as the rest of the boys will still be hard at training,its not as though we have lost tim smith who alot of our training drills would revolve around

forward pass

Coach
strider said:
i can't believe they have no other camera angles of it - what did channel 9 only take 1 camera to the game?....hate to break it to you denis but another angle may kinda ruin the case :lol:....altho if they r that keen to find one, maybe they really believe he didn't clonk the guy

Very interesting point you raise there Strider.

Because when Michael Vella scored his try, there was doubt over the grounding and Sterlo said as much in commentary. But they never showed another angle which I was really surprised about at the time. It is very rare that they only show the one replay.

I don't think they had the normal behind the goal line camera. If they did - they didn't use it.

Latest posts