What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Molo Dragons Bound 2022

Spazer

Juniors
Lawrie is not a huge metre eater but he has aggression and a quick play the ball which is what you need in the first 20 against fresh forwards. He attracts defenders and gives Vaughan a bit more space on the next hit-up. I like Alvaro's line speed but he's better coming off the bench for now.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Seems like a positive signing. Interesting he has a connection to Griffin, not sure about another one but I guess its who you know these days.

He seems big and tough. We need big and tough.

Will be watching him closer, and if he can come sooner that'd be great if a possibility.
Yes we do with the emphases on TOUGH.......big is one thing...TOUGH is another

denis preston

First Grade
Probably couldn't match the money. NRL 360 were commenting that they were surprised on the amount we are paying (reportedly approx. $600k a season) and how it affects our already struggling salary cap.
Surely not ??? At 600k you would expect a Origin forward wouldn't you ?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
If JDB fails in his bid to be cleared, I wouldn’t be at all shocked if we made a serious attempt at getting him over early. Cows really struggling in the halves at the moment and someone like a Corey Norman would help them a lot in a swap deal...

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
On the highlights I saw he looks like the type we need. Runs the ball well, good off load and can tackle.
I am happy with this purchase.
Agree and he’s just the slightly under the radar type we need to sign. An astute buy, I can’t see us getting any Angus Crichton, Payne Haas types at this stage, we need blokes like him, maybe a Bunty Afoa could be another we should take a look at. Let’s hope Molo is as good for us as our last prop from them in Leeson.

possm

Coach
Probably couldn't match the money. NRL 360 were commenting that they were surprised on the amount we are paying (reportedly approx. $600k a season) and how it affects our already struggling salary cap.
We will be offloading a few overpaid players at the end of this season, Norman, Merin, etc. I believe there still is salary cap left to cover De Belin and possibly another forward worth around 500k this season. Salary cap is a little out of balance but will end up in order when Bird moves to 6 in our spine.

jak

Bench
If JDB fails in his bid to be cleared, I wouldn’t be at all shocked if we made a serious attempt at getting him over early. Cows really struggling in the halves at the moment and someone like a Corey Norman would help them a lot in a swap deal...
lets hope there is deal done after the weekend,i thought it funny that the story broke just days before we play them.

Drakon

Juniors
On NRL Tonight yesterday Matt Russell mentioned the reported $500K being paid and then David Riccio said his intel was that it was more than that and that it was $1.6m to $1.8m for 3 years.

Dragons154

Juniors
Good astute signing imo. His only 26 so still quite young for a forward.

1.6-1.8m for 3 seasons is only 600k max per season...
I’d be thinking that it would be closer to that 1.6 mark.
It doesn’t seem overs for a player which many cowboy fans consider not to be too far off of Jason T impact.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
***Please don't quote posts that you want deleted, it only makes for extra work. Just report it. Thank you to those who did use the report function***

Maddragon99

Juniors
Big squad impact signing.

Besides Merrin, there's Blacker and Ellis off contract at the end of this season as well as Fuimaono.

Lots of talk re: DeBelin, if he returns, he will move to the front row also.

The bigger worry is at the end of the 22 season we have off-contract in the forwards (as it stands):
Alvaro
Faamausili
Ford
Lawrie
Sims
Vaughan
Ellis is only a back up player likely to be let go. I’d like to see Blacker get a run in first grade to see what he’s got before making a decision. Merrin to retire. Williame to be let go.

Fuimaono impressed me against the Sharks, 2 offloads , 36 tackles & 89 meters. Form like that will see him retained.

BLM01

First Grade
lets hope there is deal done after the weekend,i thought it funny that the story broke just days before we play them.
Yes if our players have any substance or those with ambitions to stay Molo will have a target on his head

Reactions: jak

Brutalitops

Juniors
Molo is a great signing. Has plenty of potential to be a signing in the vein of Paul Vaughan or Cam McInnes, who were never really at that next level for their previous clubs but we bought them right before they hit their stride.

Raiders and Rabbits fans knew they were big losses when even the media didn't really make much note of it. Molo is repeating that pattern, Cows fans know he's legit.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Talking of signings there is one bloke that is rumored to be shopping around and thats Ryan Matterson from the Eels.....I know we need props and this bloke also walked out on The Tigers but I really rate him..... maybe just crap that hes looking around but hes young and imo a great 2nd rower

Latest posts