What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moltzen

The problem with Moltzen is in one instance he will show courage, the next play he is likely to play soft,until he mans up on every play there will always be doubt about him in what ever position he holds.

BuffaloRules

Coach
He doesnt have the confidence to play fullback, although Shines seems to have settled on him to play the position this year...

His form has improved the last couple of weeks, although this was coming from a very low base...

Lets hope he keeps improving, as it appears that there will be no alternatives given a chance...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Alternative theory - a player that much bigger than you is easier to pull down from behind than front-on. If you are the last line of defense then it is better to be side-stepped and scramble than be trampled and taken out entirely. Perhaps Moltzen was just as surprised as everyone else when Tamou demonstrated his ability to outrun him?
Not entirely true. Even if you can't pull them down one-on-one front on, you will break up their running rhythm and slow them down considerably. Trying to tackle them from behind is only done well by good defenders, which Moltzen isn't.

Coming from the side, when you're as tiny as Moltzen, will just see you get palmed off with ease.

N.C.

Juniors
Not entirely true. Even if you can't pull them down one-on-one front on, you will break up their running rhythm and slow them down considerably. Trying to tackle them from behind is only done well by good defenders, which Moltzen isn't.

Coming from the side, when you're as tiny as Moltzen, will just see you get palmed off with ease.
Fair enough but I think it works both ways. If you can't pull them down either way (ie Moltzen), then you're better off trying to chase them down and run them towards other scrambling defenders... Which is pretty much how it happened. Players like Farah can get a good enough hold to stick in a front-on tackle and wait for the cover, but I reckon Moltzen is better suited to getting out of the way and having another crack if he can catch the bastard. (Come to think of it, wasn't it Farah who missed Tamou when he first broke the line?)

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Yeah, Farah missed him one on one. Exactly the same as every other one on one miss he's had over the past 5 years - goes to wrap the ball up but gets brushed off. It'll happen as that's his defensive style.

FTR, I had no problem with how Moltzen defended that line break and in fact I'd say the execution was perfect. Tamou's big left step left Moltzen a good 2 metres away - if he had dived to try and tackle him he would have taken himself out of the play. By chasing him from behind he was able to shepherd him into covering defenders and tackle him. Thank f**k however that the Cowboys were being a bit lazy and he had no support, couldn't believe a front-rower was able to run near on 60 metres and no support play arrived, terrible from the cows.

N.C.

Juniors
The support came on the very next tackle - they played it just about right. You don't need to score under the posts when you've got Jonathan Thurston kicking your goals...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it was nice to grind out a tough, smart and necessary win. It was satisfying and pleasing to watch Moltzen score a hat trick and absolutely own that little prancing princess Soward. Soward was very vocal when they smashed us first time around. Moltzen responded to all the crap he copped at Kogarah by playing a very good fullback's game. His support play of Benji was outstanding. And I'm sure it would have caused a lot bitterness and angst for the opposition fans.

Of course we will hear from Camp Kogarah that they were robbed and that they could have, should have and would have won. But they didn't.

In conclusion last night was as sweet as can be.

For several reasons.

Matchball

Bench
Please tell me... Anyone.
Where does Moltzen fit in to 2013??
Where will he play?

Fullback covered.
Wings covered
Centre is my bet if Marshall moves to 6 but ffs no!!!
Anasta has 7 so where the hell are we going to accommodate this fool.

Please don't put this weak cockmuppet in the centres or we missing the 8 again.
Accept it as a mistake and offload this turd.

Please tell me... Anyone.
Where does Moltzen fit in to 2013??
Where will he play?

Fullback covered.
Wings covered
Centre is my bet if Marshall moves to 6 but ffs no!!!
Anasta has 7 so where the hell are we going to accommodate this fool.

Please don't put this weak cockmuppet in the centres or we missing the 8 again.
Accept it as a mistake and offload this turd.
No idea where he'll play. It's totally absurd that he still has a contract.
Back in his gimp box in Mr Sheens' basement is where he belongs.

Latest posts