What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

monaghan & kite

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Slippery Morris said:
When was the last time Canterbury had a team in the fianls of the lower grades? Not for a while?

2002. They won PL that year, and had their JF side in there also against Saints.

Saints v Dogs in 2002 JF = Our victory http://www.nswrl.com.au/jnrs/jf.php
Saints v Dogs in 2002 PL = Their victory http://www.nswrl.com.au/pl/history.php

Both sides bristled with talent, and the 2002 side had Oliver and Thurston as the halves for the Dogs if memory serves.

For some reason, it has on the stats page that Sydney City won in 2002, but I'm fairly certain Saints won as it was the year Brown coached them.

borat

Bench
Father Ted said:
In that case Head would have been Sh#t out of luck if I'd been in charge of re-signings . Have we such a crap culture that we can't attract players anymore ? Interestingly I was told the other day that the team's that have won the last four premierships are the teams that have used the least amount of players/ least injuries . Maybe all signing in the future should have a players injury record as a main consideration .
Father Ted,

What other halfback would you have signed? I can't recall any halfbacks of note on the open market last year. Brett Seymour, Brett Firman, Jeremy Smith, Brent McConnell or Josh Lewis are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Heady was worth a gamble over that bunch.

Father Ted

First Grade
borat said:
Father Ted,

What other halfback would you have signed? I can't recall any halfbacks of note on the open market last year. Brett Seymour, Brett Firman, Jeremy Smith, Brent McConnell or Josh Lewis are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Heady was worth a gamble over that bunch.

I'd probably would have held on to Lewis although I think Head would have stayed on a one year contract if push came to shove . Frankly a injury prone half back can really disrupt a club and i don't every see him getting those legs right . It's a real concern .

petetheileet

First Grade
Kites only problem were his hands...the bloke couldnt catch a cold if u threw it to him

however at the time he left us he was involved with some born again christian crap or other religious cult thingy and had problems with his partner...its good to see he got through this and id like to see him back in the red and white

glory79

Juniors
I am all for a discount of some sort if you develop your own players. The problem with that is you get the rooters coming along and offerijng a ton of cash to a 10 year old that shows promise. That way they say he was a junior but didnt really do anything to develop them.

SouthernSaint, I too am p"ssed off with the fact that we are always letting players go and watch them become stars elsewhere. It gives me the sh$ts to see some bloke hold a premiership trophy when he used to wear the red v.

Luke Patten
Craig Fitzgibbon

Southernsaint

Staff member
Drew-Sta said:
For some reason, it has on the stats page that Sydney City won in 2002, but I'm fairly certain Saints won as it was the year Brown coached them.

Hi Drew-Sta, I'm pretty sure it was Easts that won the GF on the back of a field goal by the now Souths player Joe Williams...

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Southernsaint said:
Hi Drew-Sta, I'm pretty sure it was Easts that won the GF on the back of a field goal by the now Souths player Joe Williams...

Yeah, I remember that now. It seems that every loss is slowly being blotted out of my memory.:crazy:

Thanks for the clear up!

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Their FG side won a GF with a lot of the talent from that PG side Slippery.

Their lower grades aren't quite like ours in terms of home grown, but they use what they have very well.

I understand what people are saying IE recruitment and our lack of it, but there's no sure fire way to win a Premiership I'm afraid. As it stands, we're scratching for answers right now but when the solution is found for us I'm sure it will justify the years of heartache we've had.

Dragooner

Bench
1st of all Kite and Ryles can't both squeeze under the salary cap. If Ryles leaves then Kite will be a great target.

And as for Monaghan, screw him. Travis Burns is a free agent. Then we can get ourselves a real no.6 without having to spend sh*tloads.

Latest posts