What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mona's Flee-the-coup clause

Kris_man

Bench
You're kidding aren't you Edabomb. Are you saying he is not better than Roberts, WALKER, Cross or Byrne.

I would take him over any of that lot. Having a look at that backline, they will struggle to hold teams out, out wide. Who can tackle in that lot?

I think you are the one kidding, Woodgers. As if we wouldn't be salivating if we got any one of those guys. Especially Cross, Walker, and Roberts! Cross was unlucky not to make origin this year, Walker is one of the most dynamic backs in the comp, and Roberts has been awesome in attack for Penrith this year. Monaghan is a player who's great at scroing tries from inside the 20m, either from brute strength or his ability under the high ball. Other than that I don't think he's got that much going for him, especially his defence which is poor poor poor.

greeneyed

First Grade
woodgers said:
Woodgers... but I posted this earlier in full... from the CT website... I really hope you didn't type it!

WHAT! WHERE!

I couldn't find where it was. I did type up the bits I thought were relevant. For once I thought I was Scoop :arrow:

Don't worry... for a while there the CT website wasn't putting up anything on the Raiders... I have typed up at least 2 stories that I subsequently discovered they did post up! I always check thoroughly now...

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
jed said:
TiTTieS said:
Well then, if we still want him, the idea is that we get somebody from the SGB to buy a roosters jersey **shudders at the thought of it** then go and wear it **shudders twice as much** outside Monaghan's place at 5:30 every morning doing crazy sh*t until he gets sick of Sydeneney.

Why does it have to be an SGB member? None o us would sink so low as to prostitute ourselves in a Roosters jersey. Thanks for offering, though TiTTieS, I think the job's all yours. :lol:

I suppose it doesn't have to be an SGB member, jed. I was just trying to save myself some effort by writing SGB rather than somebody who lives in Sydney. More to the point, tho, it would be a lot easier for someone in Sydney to do it than someone who lives 400 kms away.

jed

First Grade
I agree, :lol:, but we travel the same 400kms for the games each week, I think a few Canberra fans should also make themselves available to don the fancy dress.

Livebynight

Juniors
How did Hodges get out? Did he have a clause set in his contract or was it a case of him saying i want out and they granted it.

I'll eat my shoe is Mona's comes back. I just cant see it happening as much as id like it to. After reading that though it did sound like some part of him really must of wanted to stay. On Sports tonight he didn't seem that phased and sounded like he didn't really have much intention of staying. Even though he said a few months ago he wouldnt of even thought about going.

jed

First Grade
He'd been given a verbal guarantee by the Roosters, presumably when he went walkies at the start of the year. It's good to see that they were prepared to honour it too.

The fact that Monaghan was given the option says to me that there was definitely a big element of doubt in his mind when he made his decision. Whether he comes back or not though, that's another matter.

Livebynight

Juniors
Living with his brother would have to help.
I just dont see him coming back unless he gets there and thinks what have i done. But if he loved Canberra that much he surely would of stayed.

thickos

First Grade
Its a tough call for the big fella. I agree with you LBN, if he loved the place so much he would have never thought of leaving. But his comments in the CT recently suggest that Ricky has had a word in his ear re: rep jerseys. Its a tough call. Good luck to him for his career - maybe if we win the comp he will see us as the place to be in a few years time.

woodgers

Bench
I think you are the one kidding, Woodgers. As if we wouldn't be salivating if we got any one of those guys. Especially Cross, Walker, and Roberts! Cross was unlucky not to make origin this year, Walker is one of the most dynamic backs in the comp, and Roberts has been awesome in attack for Penrith this year. Monaghan is a player who's great at scroing tries from inside the 20m, either from brute strength or his ability under the high ball. Other than that I don't think he's got that much going for him, especially his defence which is poor poor poor.
You must be taking the piss Krisman. Monna's is fantastic in defence definately our best outside back in that department. You have mentioned that you would prefer Cross or Walker who even Rooster fans say can't tackle or defend for shyte. Both these players have let in more tries than they have scored. Cross has had 2 knee reconstruction so he only scores tries from within 20 metres as well. Walker is so hot and cold it is laughable. Check his stats from any big game. He is a pile of pants. He is only good on the back of a Rooster thrashing. He proved that he has nothing else at Souths. Roberts needs to prove himself next year as really he is just a first year player at the moment. He did nothing at Saints.

Sure Monaghan doesn't score many length of the field tries. However you have a look at what he does. He is always back to help hit it up from a kick. When have you seen one of the other 3 do that? He is the safest under a kick of any description and is quality on the wing or the centres. Monaghan also plays in one of the worst attacking teams in the league and got 22 meat pies last year. Add to that the ones he has already this year and he is proven. He will thrive at the Roosters. He is that much better than those 3 in all round ability.

Roberts is the only one I would even consider to come here and fit into our style. The other 2 are turkeys. Cross? Origin? Is this a wind up. Is that you Quinny?

RaidersMalt

Juniors
Walker is one of the most dynamic backs in the comp
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're having a laugh!!

To illustrate this point, all of Parra's 5 tries on the weekend were scored down the right side, (walkers side). His stats for the game are as follows: Tackles 9, Missed 2, Errors 3, Hitups 2, Metres Gained 6!

Poida_Raider

Bench
chris walker may be one of the biggest dickheads i've ever seen. but he goes alright carryign the ball. which is the only tick i can give him.

ohh and he does go out with sally of home and away doesnt he? another tick, for the big... eyes!..

Livebynight

Juniors
Walker is hopeless.
He needs a team like the Broncos or Roosters to make him look good. He's only there to finish off work from others after a kick or they put him into a hole.

He wasn't doing anything for souths so he cried and wanted to join a team that was winning.

legend

Coach
Personally, I think Joel is one of the side's poorer defenders. One on one, Mogg, Robbo and Gafa are much better defenders than Joel but there is no doubt he is an asset to any side.

Yeah me too. I'm surprised Robbo hasn't been targeted more often, he's not a turnstyle, but he's the closest player we've got to one.

legend

Coach
It's relative to his size I guess but I remember lat year he pulled off one of the best try savers I have seen against the Sharks at Shark Park. He single handedly stopped Rieck from scoring which was a pivotal point in our season IMO.

KFC

Juniors
Hodges asked for a release and the Roosters gladly gave him one. On-field he can be dynamite, sadly he can be the same off it.

And just on Monaghan he would only be released if the Roosters find him of no value.

BTW I think players being signed mid year is dreadful. It's not only disruptive it can be destructive as some of your comments about Monaghan attest.

greeneyed

First Grade
No, he is promised by Roosters management he can leave at the end of season 1, if he wants...... You mean the Roosters might not live up to their word? #-o #-o #-o #-o