What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monday Night Football

Are you going?

• Yes

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 40.5%

• Total voters

eelz47

Coach
eels4lyf said:
WELL STUDY COMMITMENTS.

I have an exam for uni which is worth 60% which starts at 7pm. So what would someone dedicated to their education do? unfortunately sit the exam and miss the football.

Thats why i'm different. I went to the dr's about half n hour ago and complained of a migraine so i get to sit the exam next week :):)

OFF TO THE FOOTY WE GOOOOOOOO!

I'll be by myself tonight . . . shame noone else can see us smash the living sh*t outta the warriors . . . oh well

GO PARRA!

we play next monday too

eelz47

Coach
as it stands i am my work will not clash with any home game this year, bar one maybe

cumberlandsashes81 said:
It would be perfect for RL-loving CBD workers. Promote it in Martin Place, QVB and Pitt St Mall the week leading up to it. Obviously I realise that many people work in other areas but the CBD is probably the largest 'captured audience' on weekdays.

All the Original Monday nights were played at the SFS to cater just for the people in the City. But that was back in 1985 or so.

cumberlandsashes81 said:
Glad to hear someone else thinks this. A 7pm start with the parking issues around Parramatta Stadium makes it very difficult!

I also have a problem with people calling Parramatta Stadium a "Subburban" ground, it is in the City of Parramatta. Can I ask a question of you CA81, just so I can get an Idea of something?

You work in the City. If you didn't go home, (Which you wouldn't for a game at the SFS) what time would you get to Parramatta Stadium and how?

Parra Guru

Coach
Considering traffic in Parra gets really sh*t from 5:30 onwards, I agree that the 7pm start is ridiculous.

I'm taking time off work next Monday too to get to the game.

Suitman

Post Whore
Parra Guru said:
Considering traffic in Parra gets really sh*t from 5:30 onwards, I agree that the 7pm start is ridiculous.

I'm taking time off work next Monday too to get to the game.

D'oh!! I was just about to ring you up and book in a remedial massage for 7 pm next Monday night. :lol:

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
parra-matters said:
And next week I have a committee meeting on Monday, missed the last 2 so have to go to this one.

:(

Can't you feel a sore throat coming on??

I managed to attend to all the chores in time last night, including having dinner cooked for Mrs Suit and I, and just sat down in time to see them run onto the field!!

Suity

eelz47

Coach
i erckon it was fine, except for the blocked lane at the rsl for road works.

plenty of street parking left too, and was there at 630ish

woo hoo

but i reckon we might have pulled the worst crowd for mnf so far

strider

Post Whore
i reckon the crowd was pretty much the same as the cowboys game (if not better) which was Sat 5:30 .... out of towners

Suitman

Post Whore
strider said:
i reckon the crowd was pretty much the same as the cowboys game (if not better) which was Sat 5:30 .... out of towners

FYI......

Parra vs Cowboys - 10182
Parra vs Warriors - 11160

Suity

forward pass

Coach
Suitman said:
:(

I managed to attend to all the chores in time last night, including having dinner cooked for Mrs Suit and I, and just sat down in time to see them run onto the field!!

Suity

btw hows Mrs Suit feeling today ??

Utey

Coach
Out of town side. I think MNF is OK, will be better once I get into a routine with uni/work.

Suitman

Post Whore
<UPtheEELS> said:
to take her or pick her up?

Hope all is well mate...

Take her.

I shouldn't have left the chicken wings marinating all day in the sun. :lol:

Suity

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
11,160 was a pretty decent turnout given the lack of promotion and the location & opposition. A nice night out really.

Having said that - I arrived at 3 and left at 11 :lol: