What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moon re-signs With Broncos

shadow grinder

First Grade
tell you what....im actually kind of glad he didnt sign with us.

The amount of Moon jokes that would be thrown around all year every year would be to much to handle.

the last week i have heard more moon jokes then my entire life!

Wicks

Juniors
Surandy said:
Gee, I recall reading similiar sentiments last year after we lost Orford, Bell and Chan, Kearns retired and we missed out on a number of players that the Storm had been chasing.

Not from me well apart from concerns about front row depth which are justified You guys asked us for a prop and bought Danny Lima The concerns about next year are there and they are different to last year You have used about 25 players hardly pushing the limits of depth is it? If you use 30 players next year and players outside the top 20 or so play significant minutes you will come across problems

Surandy said:
If they did consider Storm a chance of being where we are now then why was the Storm paying $41 for the minor premiership in January?

Betting has a number of elements which wouldnt be kind to Melbourne

Its like saying the Raiders are underrated Do the people that say that have any effect on how football is played No

shadow grinder said:
Slater and Inglis were pretty much chucked into first grade without prior experince

I was going to use them as an example Moon is not in Inglis' class and neither had to step into the halves I saw both Slater and Inglis before their debuts A long time before in Inglis' case Moon wasnt as ready when he debuted

shadow grinder said:
But he wants to stay up there and play queensland cup

He would have played Queensland Cup for Norths anyway

MONY

Juniors
Moon would have been first choice 5/8..

But apparently Aubusson is startign to play some good footy... Pretty sure we will see him as the replacement hooker next year (same mold as friend)

Cause Smith has done a wonderful job at moving into the halves when Friend comes on!

parra pete

Referee
They have a kid called Joel Thompson in the Australian Schoolboys side who is going to be another Ryan Hoffman...
and Ryan Hoffman is a bolter to be named in the Australian Tri Nations squad at the end of the year...

Wicks

Juniors
In one breath you want to say Melbourne can cover for any number of injuries and in another you underestimate the ability of your players to fill the breach at fiveeighth and want to laud a fiveeighth from elsewhere

Melbourne wouldnt have paid $200,000 in the first year and he wouldnt have been given a starting spot Although a number of players on that kind of money have spent time in reserve grade and quite significant time for some The average for players will $160,000 Players on that kind of money could easily find themselves in reserve grade

Theres no need for supporters to promote the publicity management want

Ice777

Bench
Wicks said:
Melbourne wouldnt have paid $200,000 in the first year and he wouldnt have been given a starting spot

One questionfor you. How the feck would you know?

Wicks

Juniors
Common sense backed by knowing how things work internally and externally in football clubs

shadow grinder

First Grade
f**k off wicks...you have talked enough sh*t.

you dont know anything dipsh*t.

Seeing as your a know it all...who was storm going to play at 5/8 after they signed Moon?

Ice777

Bench
Wicks said:
Common sense backed by knowing how things work internally and externally in football clubs

So basically you're guessing, what a surprise that is. Knob :roll:

Wicks

Juniors
Ive already provided information that you didnt know You can ignore what Ive said Theres no way to prove an outcome because hes staying in Brisbane Moon could well have been transformed in the offseason I doubt it Every day he looks more like a lock Maybe thats what you wanted to replace Hill but hes not the same player and he would not have been first choice Not one thing the Storm have done in recent years backs that up Players have always done an apprenticeship of some kind either in Brisbane or at another club

I doubt you would have seen Moon too often considering your stance and you seem very gullible to the public portrayal of the situation

Inglis is your long term fiveeighth wherever he is named in the team Nicolau was being talked up as the fiveeighth so he would resign It didn't work Brisbane fought Melbournes attempts by giving Moon some minor first grade opportunities and they won the battle Cronulla gave a debut to a player this year to keep him at the club and they still lost him Theres a lot that goes on that is not common knowledge but if youve seen Moon play enough youd know that only a desperate team would be starting him in the halves Melbourne and O'Sullivan dont strike me as desperate

Jeremy Gordon who has been rumoured to sign with Melbourne is not ready either Michael Bond probably has as much chance as Moon had to start in the halves Cronk being a natural fiveeighth might be something to consider if Slaters defence keeps letting him down and Inglis is needed to defend at the back

Geyer will be in there to start the season unless Inglis progresses quicker than expected You dont really want a set position in attack for Inglis at this stage Quinn signing as a centre almost a one for one swap for Webster would give you another indication that things arent as they were portrayed

Melbourne went out to sign a player who could play a number of positions (a prerequisite) who looks like be will be one of best ball playing locks in a few years Dont get that confused with what might happen next year

Lucas

Juniors
Wicks said:
Ive already provided information that you didnt know You can ignore what Ive said Theres no way to prove an outcome because hes staying in Brisbane Moon could well have been transformed in the offseason I doubt it Every day he looks more like a lock Maybe thats what you wanted to replace Hill but hes not the same player and he would not have been first choice Not one thing the Storm have done in recent years backs that up Players have always done an apprenticeship of some kind either in Brisbane or at another club

I doubt you would have seen Moon too often considering your stance and you seem very gullible to the public portrayal of the situation

Inglis is your long term fiveeighth wherever he is named in the team Nicolau was being talked up as the fiveeighth so he would resign It didn't work Brisbane fought Melbournes attempts by giving Moon some minor first grade opportunities and they won the battle Cronulla gave a debut to a player this year to keep him at the club and they still lost him Theres a lot that goes on that is not common knowledge but if youve seen Moon play enough youd know that only a desperate team would be starting him in the halves Melbourne and O'Sullivan dont strike me as desperate

Jeremy Gordon who has been rumoured to sign with Melbourne is not ready either Michael Bond probably has as much chance as Moon had to start in the halves Cronk being a natural fiveeighth might be something to consider if Slaters defence keeps letting him down and Inglis is needed to defend at the back

Geyer will be in there to start the season unless Inglis progresses quicker than expected You dont really want a set position in attack for Inglis at this stage Quinn signing as a centre almost a one for one swap for Webster would give you another indication that things arent as they were portrayed

Melbourne went out to sign a player who could play a number of positions (a prerequisite) who looks like be will be one of best ball playing locks in a few years Dont get that confused with what might happen next year
Like your use of the full-stop! Phwoar, I need a breather after that post.

shadow grinder

First Grade
Theres a lot that goes on that is not common knowledge but if youve seen Moon play enough youd know that only a desperate team would be starting him in the halves Melbourne and O'Sullivan dont strike me as desperate

thats what the off season is for dipsh*t! With a great coaching staff we can make a premier league player(lower grade) first grade material. Its happened with many other players...Like Brett White for example.

MONY

Juniors
Just think of all the guys that first came to the storm in 98... there wasn't many big names there... a year later they win the premiership..

Wicks

Juniors
shadow grinder said:
thats what the off season is for dipsh*t! With a great coaching staff we can make a premier league player(lower grade) first grade material. Its happened with many other players...Like Brett White for example.

The offseason is for meeting potential No one would consider Moon as more than player in development next year

I know for a fact Brett White would have played first grade in 2004 if not for injury But then he didnt have to play in the halves either

Surprising how little you know about your own team

MONY said:
Just think of all the guys that first came to the storm in 98... there wasn't many big names there... a year later they win the premiership

You are underestimating those players and again confusing media talk with what is said around football circles

Jarryd Hayne has been the best NSW fullback prospect coming through for years and has one of the best kicking games for a fullback for many many years yet the media are still jumping down and they still will as he develops into what some people already know possible Its about creating the drama around the game

Conversely Brett Firman had done everything right through 2003 but underlining that were his injuries and the problems in his game which he has never been able to fix despite many chances and a lot of direction from good coaches, media said different

Look at Michael Russo [SIZE=-1]Tesesa Lavea Junior Langi Aaron Moule Dustin Cooper Michael Crockett and how they were considered by the media But then their abilities flaws and failures

Moon needs more than a season before he can be considered He will have two fiveeighths in Hunt and Lockyer in the team already if and when he plays next year Melbourne had options before Moon who would be shifting abck from his natural spot Thats my opinion All any of you have given me is what O'Sullivan has said in the media

You would be much better off if you signed Brett Seymour to be your fiveeighth Is that the sting in the tail? You will have to wait and see
[/SIZE]

shadow grinder

First Grade
"football circles"...what you and a few mates sitting in a circle talking about footy? wait...you dont have mates...you just sit by yourself and make these things up and call them facts.

Latest posts