What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More help needed please.....

Jonotallica

Juniors
1)The offloads are about as low as they can be unfortunately. The highest rating for any player is 3 out of 10. I can't put a number on how many there are per set of six, but I can say that they are reduced. What I notice (when I play) is that when a team gets a roll on they offload more, but generally they don't offload that much. Maybe reducing the pass stat would improve it a bit, but if the pass stat was reduced I'm thinking we would see more of those passes that are thrown at wingers feet and roll into touch. That's one bug that really bugs me.

2)The offside is annoying because as you said it's hard to select the player you want quickly. But as I said earlier you can avoid them. Since I started doing the pull the offside players back thing, I've only been penalised maybe once or twice a game for offsides. My tip is to wait until the the recieving player catches the ball, and hit select players a few times until you can take control of the closest player, and try and give the player doing a hitup a gap to run into. It's very possible to avoid offsides (even with the dodgy player selecting), I think it just takes practice.

3)The kicking isn't as bad, again it just takes practice. It isn't perfect (the halfback should stand deeper) but it's still managable. You have two options if your having trouble getting kicks away, either do a deliberate deep pass to a flat footed player (by holding down the pass button, rather then tapping it) which gives you more time to kick, or you can do an early pass and do it really quickly so you don't have time to aim it in between the winger and fullback, but at least you get it away in time. I find also that the defense rushes up quicker on the fifth, so maybe kicking on the forth might also make it easier. And if they rush up so quick that you won't have time to kick, do what they do in real life and run it on the last, since there will be an overlap with the wingers dropping back to recieve the ball. In the last 10 games I've had I've been caught on the last tackle maybe twice. I've seen a friend go from not being able to kick at all, to getting 40/20's and trys off bombs in the last few weeks.

4)I've only had the problem with returning kicks a couple times. Usually when the ball is kicked ingoal, and the players catch it and run it dead, which is annoying. I have only ever had the player pick it up on the sideline once. What annoys me is that the AI sucks your player in and forces him to try and catch the ball. But yeah, I haven't had that problem usually try to get the ball, but the ball usually goes out before they can grab it. So I can't help you with that one.

When I read a review for this game before I bought it, they said that it was very easy to play, very arcadish and you could basically pick it up and play it. I have to strongly disagree, there is alot of little bugs and quirks that you have to get used to if you want to be any good at it. It just takes a little time to learn how to counter the bugs, and once you do, it's actually pretty good gameplay wise.

It'd be easy to complain and say that we shouldn't have to learn how to counter the bugs, afterall we have payed good money for this. It'd be easy to say "Sidhe could spend so much time making the stadiums look pretty, why couldn't they fix these bugs?" But I mean.. what other option is there, it's not like there are other rugby league games out there to play. Beggers can't be choosers, and after waiting 8 years for this, I'm definately in the begger camp. 8)

edit- woops, another huge post.. sorry, I gotta stop doing this :? hopefully it helps

P.J.

Juniors
Jono, it's a great help.

And I too love the game compared to what we had before hand.

Let's hope we're rewarded for getting out and supporting it, by the releasing of a new and improved game, where the glitches are removed.

Jonotallica

Juniors
Yeah that's definately a flaw, very dodgy. It's funny when it happens to the someone your playing with though and they get called for the penalty, but not when it happens to you. :|

P.J.

Juniors
Jonotallica said:
Yeah that's definately a flaw, very dodgy. It's funny when it happens to the someone your playing with though and they get called for the penalty, but not when it happens to you. :|

It's even funnier, when you get another onside player to join the tackle, and the penalty isn't given.

The penalty only seems to be given when a single offside player makes a tackle. So try and get in quick, and avoid the penalty.