What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More on the Rugby League Atlantic Cup

spinnerhowland

Juniors
Most of the details can be found at our site www.jaxaxe.com and on our facebook at www.facebook.com/jaxaxe

- The British Police Rugby League Team will be delivering some great advice and some smiles to children thru the sport while they are in Jacksonville with visits to St. Pauls Catholic School in Jacksonville Beach and then to Wolfson Children's Hospital. They will be joined by the teams mascot "Alfie" the Lion and a little help from Firehouse Subs.

- Bug Away has become the VIP Suite Sponsor for the opening game of the Rugby League Atlantic Cup. This Jacksonville company will host their guests in the comfort of the Press Box Suite on top of Hodges Stadium to see the Axemen take on the British National Police Team on Nov 19.

and I have been working with a school in Jacksonville that deals with Bullies in Schools. On my last visit I challenged the kids that if their behavior improves to a point of where the teachers are OK with it, they will all be my guests at the opening game when we play the UK police. 120 Students/parents will be attending.
I also had them chose the top 10 who had really embraced the idea of improving their behavior to reciece a reward - 10 students will be my guests in the locker room and on the sidelines as water/ball boys girls.
It was a great way to use Rugby League to change the behavior of some young poeple and I hope the enjoy the game and it leaves a lasting positive impression.

There is more in the works too - but with the radio show and full time job, it is tough finding more time to spend on these types of projects at the moment.

league13

Juniors
Just caught the second of the British Police v Helensburgh,don't know who's coaching the Police but no idea in regard moving the ball about. The game was there for the taking.Thanks for the video, enjoyed watching.All the best to you in Jacksonville.

TommyGun

Juniors
Anyone know what the final score ended up being? I watched the first half and I think it was 8-6 to the UK Police.
Although the game wasnt the highest quality I think its a great initiative to expose the American public to Rugby League. The more exposure it the game gets internationally the better its going to be for Rugby League.

DINGb@T

Juniors
Well done. Obviously had the rust knocked off them in the first game.

So does that mean the UK boys take home the silverware?

Latest posts