What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More shoulder surgery for Benji

The Colonel

Immortal
More shoulder surgery for Benji

September 07, 2007
NEW Zealand star Benji Marshall is out of next month's trans-Tasman clash against Australia after undergoing further surgery on his troublesome right shoulder.
The Wests Tigers playmaker went under the knife on Tuesday and will be in a sling for another five weeks.
He is expected to take part in pre-season training when the Tigers come together on November 5, but will be quarantined from any contact work until December.
The rehabilitation rules Marshall out of the October 14 Test against Australia in Wellington.
It also means he will miss the Kiwis' end of season tour of the northern hemisphere, the highlight of which is the New Zealand All Golds game against the Northern Union.
The surgery, performed by Dr Des Bokor, had been planned by the Tigers after Marshall injured his right shoulder against Melbourne on May 5.
Marshall has a history of problems with this latest operation the fifth bout of surgery on both shoulders.
AAP

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22378525-23214,00.html

Mr Saab

Referee
The Brett Papworth of the 21st century....but at least had one great yr and won a GF.

Damn...Poor Benji, I feel for the kid but it looks like us kiwi fans are gonna have to give up on him. It's time to account for him not being there every time we play a test. If he plays in the world cup next year I will be shocked. A great shame, he could of delivered us so much. Oh well, go and get yourself right Benji. Unfortunately you might have to look at other career options kid.

He must have the shoulder of an 80 year old man now. As Mundine may of said "you're tackling with old shoulders Benji"

Raider_69

Post Whore
Not only is he injury prone, but lets be honest, he has been pretty sh*thouse on the paddock this year, more a liability then anything else

could he possibly be the biggest one year wonder, of all time?

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Raider_69 said:
Not only is he injury prone, but lets be honest, he has been pretty sh*thouse on the paddock this year, more a liability then anything else

With almost no thought, yes.

skeepe

Immortal
I wouldn't give up on him yet... Tim Sheens certainly hasn't done him any favours this year.

innsaneink

Referee
Raider_69 said:

One is a result of the other....a lack of confidence due to the incessant injury problems with his shoulders.

Raider_69

Post Whore
innsaneink said:
One is a result of the other....a lack of confidence due to the incessant injury problems with his shoulders.

fair call
i hope for the sake of league he can finally get it right
i hate the tigers, nothing would please me more then to see them struggle but benji marshall brings kids into the game. He's a valuable commodity for league when fit and firing

Iafeta

Referee
In other news, Dene Halatau, Bronson Harrison have also been booked in for post season surgery.

But in good news, Daniel Fitzhenry has shaken off the cobwebs and made himself available for rep selection. Happens year in year out, the Tigers hate end of year rep footy it's fairly obvious. The game needs more blokes like Wayne Bennett in charge.

In other breaking news, Sonny Bill, Roy, Isaac Luke, and any other Kiwi who has had a good year will be booked in post season surgery.

innsaneink

Referee
Iafeta said:
In other news, Dene Halatau, Bronson Harrison have also been booked in for post season surgery.

But in good news, Daniel Fitzhenry has shaken off the cobwebs and made himself available for rep selection. Happens year in year out, the Tigers hate end of year rep footy it's fairly obvious. The game needs more blokes like Wayne Bennett in charge.

In other breaking news, Sonny Bill, Roy, Isaac Luke, and any other Kiwi who has had a good year will be booked in post season surgery.

LOL...wow, some dummy spit.

ucantseeme

Juniors
I'm sure the Bulldogs will want SBW to have some sort of 'surgery' as well.

SBW's hit on J Thurston reminded me of that end scene in Rocky V, with the Don King-esque promoter telling Tommy Gunn not to fight Rocky in the street,

"You break your hand on that bum, what are you worth then".

Latest posts