What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More surgery for Yow Yeh

JamesBrandy

Juniors
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/brisbane-broncos-winger-jharal-yow-yeh-faces-more-surgery-on-to-repair-his-badly-broken-ankle/story-e6frep5x-1226410471061

The Courier Mail said:
SHATTERED Brisbane winger Jharal Yow Yeh is facing another bout of surgery on his badly injured ankle which has not aligned correctly since a major operation in May.

Yow Yeh underwent six operations and had skin grafts and plastic surgery before leading orthopedic surgeon Dr Peter Myers finally put his right ankle back in position with a plate and nine screws.

But the 22-year-old Australian and Queensland flyer has been booked in for more surgery in a Brisbane private hospital next Tuesday.

It's understood his bone is not setting in the right position and needs to be re-aligned.

He might have to have the bone he shattered through his skin re-broken and reset.

"I don't know exactly what he has to have done but it's not minor," said Brisbane operations manager Andrew Gee today.

Yow Yeh snapped the bone above his ankle playing against South Sydney in Perth in March.

The longer this goes on, the harder I think it'll be for him to come back. Best wishes Jharal, looking forward to seeing you carve it up as soon as possible!

Big Pete

Referee
Kid just has no luck.

Take as long as you want Jharal, it'll be an achievement if you make it back on the field.

Kiwi

First Grade
best thing is the broncos will stand by him, hope he doesn't repay them by leaving soon after returning to the field and finding form

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Thinking good thoughts for the kid, but I do worry what all these operations and the news now that it's not setting correctly will do to his confidence when he's eventually able to walk, then run. I can't see him contesting any bombs in a hurry. This is going to be a long road back to the team.

AceAv

Juniors
Head up Yowz. One of the best wingers in the game isn't going to let a bung ankle get in the way of his huge come back!

DeeJ

Bench
He won't be right for 2 years, but at least Copley has improved alot and Maranta looked very impressive in his games so far.

Fire

First Grade
Poor guy. You don't wish this on anyone. I hope he comes back better than ever (but it's getting difficult to see this happening). Best wishes to him.

beads6

First Grade
He will struggle to get back. Fingers crossed he can make it back and be at his best.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Get well, best in the recover.

ps. This is why we don't play matches on sub standard grounds! Perth FFS!

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Get well soon Jharal, hope to see you back and killing it for Broncos, QLD and Australia again in the next few years.

Mr Saab

Referee
Get well, best in the recover.

ps. This is why we don't play matches on sub standard grounds! Perth FFS!

What happened to Yow could have have happened at Suncorp, SFS, Parramatta, Cronulla, Brookvale...anywhere.

f**k you are a dingbat

lockyno1

Post Whore
What happened to Yow could have have happened at Suncorp, SFS, Parramatta, Cronulla, Brookvale...anywhere.

f**k you are a dingbat

It would not have happened at Suncorp, Perth is a hole of a ground, the surface is too hard. People want to have a good toss with Perth, fine, I aint joining you. It is well known it is a hard ground...jumping on a hard ground, it is a recipe for disaster.

Packy

Bench
He's right guys. That other guy landing on Yow Yeh's leg was completely the grounds fault. BAD GROUND!

Latest posts