What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Whispers: Saint's Chase Rangi (Part II)

BennyV

Referee
Just to keep you all on your toes...

Super League: Daryl Powell admits Rangi Chase is likely to leave Castleford

New Castleford coach Daryl Powell admits Rangi Chase is likely to leave the club at the end of the season but insists the player will remain committed until the end of the current campaign.

The 27-year-old has been subject of much speculation for the past 12 months, and saw a move to Hull collapse before the transfer deadline last summer due to visa issues.

Live on Sky Sports

Live Super League
Hull FC v Leeds Rhinos
May 31, 2013 7:30pm

Remote RecordGet a Sky Sports Day PassUpgrade to Sky Sports
Despite uncertainty over his future Chase has been in good form for the Tigers, and Powell has no concerns regarding the player's commitment to the team.

Future

Powell said: "It's not really changed since I arrived. I think Rangi's staying at the club until the end of the season and then we'll sort it out from there.

"We're not too worried about it at this moment, when Rangi's on the field he's been playing exceptionally well and his commitment to the club is not in question in any way so we'll just get on with it.

"People have been asking a lot of questions at the club and I'm keen to get them out of the way and just focus on what goes on - on the grass - which is the most important thing."

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12196/8742876/

Cagey Mac

Bench
Conspiracy theory
Goodwin's mid-season retirement was to free up the additional 100k needed to front-load Rangi's contract so he could pay his agent and meet the June 30 deadline

possm

Coach
Only a month to go before the cut off for 2013. Get a move on Doust; you can make it happen if your really try.

TheRev

First Grade
I still love that 360 pass to himself move, hes halfway up the field before the winger & centre work out what just happened.

Minh

First Grade
I don't buy into the talk that he would be ineffective in the NRL granted the NRL is the premier competition with far better defense. Rangi Chase is a freakish player and I saw this in him back in the day when he was at the Dragons and was very surprised we let him go. Even in his short stint with us he carved up a few sides and scored or set up tries from impossible positions. Far too talented to be wasted in the ESL.

BennyV

Referee
Would be much more easily read at NRL level. Again no thanks.

T.

Yeah, all English players struggle in the NRL, look at the monumental failures that have come across and attempted to match it here...James Graham, the Burgess boys, Gareth Ellis...none of them are any good :roll:

Conspiracy theory
Goodwin's mid-season retirement was to free up the additional 100k needed to front-load Rangi's contract so he could pay his agent and meet the June 30 deadline

Goodwin played for the Cutters last Saturday.
He obviously wasn't aware of the conspiracy.

willzy91

Juniors
Conspiracy theory

It wasn't goodwin who retired to start with, it was henderson who retired.

Cagey Mac

Bench
It wasn't goodwin who retired to start with, it was henderson who retired.

Conspiracy theories are moveable feasts this one has now morphed into Castleford Tigers will soon announce that they have released Rangi Chase to the SGI Dragons and have signed Jamie Soward for the remainder of the season.

NNWWSNM

Last edited: