What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morely gets 7

SpiderShark said:
So if you had a son playing the game as i do, and he is the recpient of an incident such as this - and at their age where they cannot take physical treatment such as an adult player and maybe cop a broken rib or two, you would be ok with a minimal charge if your son was considered a grub in the game.

Sometimes the clouds never break to see the light of day.

Aries? Is that you?

Nullajet

Juniors
birds was barely a tap...Morley launches himself into the bloke........in my opinion Morley's was far more vicious!!

The sentence is a joke and inconsistent, however (and i am only half joking here) as others have said it was on Corey Hughes, the undisputed biggest gub in the game....and id love to know what hughes did prior to that!

Hughes has been asking for that and more..!

I like Morley...cant stand Hughes

Stonecutter

First Grade
Special K said:
Birds had no where near the force that Morley gave Hughes. Bird got 12 weeks but got 2 taken off cause he didn't fight it. I don't get how you can said Birds was almost twice as bad let alone on the same level.

They've done this because england sucks and they need help in the tri nations.

Birds was only a little peck compared to the psycho englishmens full blown attempt. the judicary was under pressure from the english public and they cracked, disgracefull.

But as an aside.. and I qualify this Beeks by admitting I have only seen the two incidents side-by-side in a recent news segment.. I still don't think Morley's was as bad as Bird's.

If not but for the petulant nature of Bird's strike. I like Bird and he is on fire at the moment and has grown up a lot.. but his strike was mitigated by the circumstances surrounding it (his strike hit the player directly in the face).

It's just my opinion..

And for the simpletons out there, my comment regarding Hughes deserving it because he is a grub was a joke.

spider

Coach
++ Gregos v.4 said:
Aries? Is that you?

No mate. Aries, Nulla 2, anymore names to my association.

That is said with no disrepect either Nulla, but saomeone made referrence the other night.

Why Aries, did he have a son that played.

I think its a fair point Gregos.....our game, our players....its all in the eyes of our youth, the future of our game. My son missed a try and threw his mouth guard on the ground and kicked it away....when asked why he replied..."Joey has done that".

To me, and its only my opinion, 7 weeks was an absolute joke to any credibility the judiciary system had left.

Hammershark

Juniors
The funniest thing i saw it said Birds was premeditated and Morleys wasn't which is a joke if the NRL try to use that reasoning

spider

Coach
Hammershark said:
The funniest thing i saw it said Birds was premeditated and Morleys wasn't which is a joke if the NRL try to use that reasoning

Maybe because Morley tripped while attempting to get around the first marker to knee him.

imasharkie

Coach
Frenzy. said:
I think he should of been given a medal. It was only the NRL's BIGGEST GRUB, Corey Hughes that he kneed.

He's been ripped off.

I beg to differ Frenz. Corey Hughes should get a medal for getting rid of the biggest grub to play NRL.
I reckon Hughes is a wonderful player. He gets under players skins and gets plenty of penalties for his team. I'd welcome him with open arms if he became a shark. The bloke is a passionate footy player. He reminds me of Deano, the player other players hated because of his tendency to do the same as Hughes. Don't see you knocking Treister for doing basically the same thing.

Nullajet

Juniors
geez Ima, you must love Hoppa witht eh finger getting under the opponents skins..literally!

I prefer morley to hughes..hughes is a sneaky little turd with cheap niggly crap...i dont rate those players

spider

Coach
++ Gregos v.4 said:
I still don't think Morley's was as bad as Bird's.

If not but for the petulant nature of Bird's strike. I like Bird and he is on fire at the moment and has grown up a lot.. but his strike was mitigated by the circumstances surrounding it (his strike hit the player directly in the face).

It's just my opinion..

And for the simpletons out there, my comment regarding Hughes deserving it because he is a grub was a joke.

Morley only missed his head due to the speed he charged him with. Where as Bird moving back to 2nd marker saw the opponents head and said "here you go". Both in the wrong - but judge the charge by the intent and due course. Not by taking into account what rep matches are around the corner, or by issuing a lenghty sentence you will cruel his career.

Any "simpleton" can see that.

Judge the charge by intent and due course?

That sounds good. But it doesn't fit the rest of what you're typing.

If you judge them both on the intent and accept that both were trying to knee the other in the head.. then fall to due course where Bird succeeds and Morley fails..

Umm.

Yeah.

spider

Coach
++ Gregos v.4 said:
Judge the charge by intent and due course?

That sounds good. But it doesn't fit the rest of what you're typing.

If you judge them both on the intent and accept that both were trying to knee the other in the head.. then fall to due course where Bird succeeds and Morley fails..

Umm.

Yeah.

Morley ran at him with a fair lift of the leg and speed - Bird lifted the leg but not running when he made contact - both intent on a rated basis.

Birds target looked straight at the ref when contact made - slap on the head

Hughes ended u flat on his back looking at the sky - due course, ie who do you think put more intent into their actions considering the end result?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Who needs bait to get a bite around here? :lol:

BTW lots of colourful and selective memories here. Morley ran three yards? From marker, on his own line? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bird's the one who took 2 steps into Marteene and that's NOT from memory, I am watching now. Marteene didn't look at the ref either. He went down like a sack of spuds.

Personally I couldn't care either way on either incident (as far as the works of fiction going on in this thread go) but it sure is fun firing up the emotions in here sometimes.

Throw some more berley in! :lol:

spider

Coach
Frenzy. said:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Who needs bait to get a bite around here? :lol:

BTW lots of colourful and selective memories here. Morley ran three yards? From marker, on his own line? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bird's the one who took 2 steps into Marteene and that's NOT from memory, I am watching now. Marteene didn't look at the ref either. He went down like a sack of spuds.

Personally I couldn't care either way on either incident (as far as the works of fiction going on in this thread go) but it sure is fun firing up the emotions in here sometimes.

Throw some more berley in! :lol:

My kids have hit me harder than Marteene got hit.

The point is there was a major inconsistency. A joke really considering it got referred straight off. Both kneeing incidents, but one gets half the sentence of the other. Doesnt matter whether the player is struck in the head, chest, or balls for that reason(although Mrs Hughes would be filthy) - the only Fiction here Frenzy is the clowns that gave the sentence - they should have a look and give themselves a suspension.

As far as the berley - yes, plenty of it is good, so throw it my way as no doubt ill bite.

sharknows

Bench
imasharkie said:
I beg to differ Frenz. Corey Hughes should get a medal for getting rid of the biggest grub to play NRL.
I reckon Hughes is a wonderful player. He gets under players skins and gets plenty of penalties for his team. I'd welcome him with open arms if he became a shark. The bloke is a passionate footy player. He reminds me of Deano, the player other players hated because of his tendency to do the same as Hughes. Don't see you knocking Treister for doing basically the same thing.

Your opinion of Hughes surprises me. I consider him the biggest cheap shot merchent in the game. He is always the 2nd or third man in to a tackle and goes missing when it gets tough. I recall when we hammered them at home last season or season before?? and Hughes was putting in way too many cheap shots. The Sharks were screaming for him to take a hit up but he was too bloody gutless to take them on.

Thomo.

First Grade
this basically shows how f*cked up the NRl is in regards to the judiciary.

the record that Morley had - one of the biggest GRUBS in OUR game and gets 7 weeks!

f*ckin joke

Bird gets ten. apparently Bird when asked on the news yesterday said it was was his first offence. Is that correct?

seriously another piece of evidence of discrimmination in the game:x

Macca

Coach
It's funny to see the blokes on here with the Bird hatred having a laugh about the sentence. True colours.

Breadman

Juniors
7 weeks is a joke in comparison to Birds 10 but I'm happy with it cause
I want to see Morley play in the Tri nations.
What I really wanted to see though was Mason walk into that right hand Morley had cocked.

Latest posts