What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morley charged Grade 3

Mr Saab

Referee
Moz faces a 2 week ban with early plea
3 weeks if contests and loses.

It is what i expected.

The Colonel

Immortal
Judiciary charges Morley
March 13, 2006

SYDNEY Roosters prop Adrian Morley has been charged with a grade-three careless high tackle for his hit on South Sydney halfback Ben Walker yesterday.

Morley faces a two-week suspension if he enters an early guilty plea, but he will be barred for three NRL matches if he contests the charge and is found guilty.

In other judiciary news, Wests Tigers backrower Anthony Laffranchi will miss suspension if he enters an early guilty plea to a dangerous throw charge from the season opener against St George-Illawarra on Friday.

New Zealand Warriors five-eighth Sione Faumuina was meanwhile charged with a dangerous high tackle.

He will be sidelined for two weeks if he makes an early guilty plea, or three matches if he unsuccessfully contests the charge.

Bulldogs forward Nate Myles also faces a week on the sidelines after being charged with a dangerous throw.

AAP
http://smh.com.au/news/Sport/Morley-charged-with-careless-high-tackle/2006/03/13/1142098385234.html

Danish

Referee
Fair call IMO given the rule changes.

I was expecting a reckless charge with all the media hype though.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Morley's lucky, 2-3 weeks sounds fair but I thought his record would ensure he got longer. Ruben Wiki copped 5 weeks last year for similar.
2 weeks for the Faumuina tackle sounds about right too.

Can someone please explain how Simon woolford copped 8 weeks for his tackle last year, yet Morley, who has a worse record, gets 3 weeks for a much worse offense

Pierced Soul

First Grade
waltzing Meninga said:
Can someone please explain how Simon woolford copped 8 weeks for his tackle last year, yet Morley, who has a worse record, gets 3 weeks for a much worse offense

no one other than the judiciary and the grading eprson can explain that travesty. it's best not to think about it cos it makes no sense and never will

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
waltzing Meninga said:

Woolford got the book thrown at him because of prior offences, as did Wiki last year. As I said 2-3 weeks sounds apppropriate for the Morley tackle without loading for his priors, I was expecting him to get 5-6 once his record came into account.

Tommy Smith

Referee
How does Morley have a worse record? I think he's only been suspended twice over the last two seasons.

Personally, im wondering why the bloke who fractured Benji's cheekbone is not up on the same charge. Consistency...

HoLLuS

Juniors
waltzing Meninga said:

Morley doesn't have a worse record, as is proven by the fact that the player's respective loading was taken into account on both occasions and the results are 3 and 8 weeks.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Tommy Smith said:
How does Morley have a worse record? I think he's only been suspended twice over the last two seasons.

Personally, im wondering why the bloke who fractured Benji's cheekbone is not up on the same charge. Consistency...

There was nothing in the Marshall incident, it was one of those accidental things like when Andrew Johns broke his jaw last year.

Razor

Coach
About right.

The tackle wasn't very bad at all, it's just that Ben Walker got injured. If he didn't get injured we probably wouldn't be talking about it.

Danish

Referee
waltzing Meninga said:

How many previous charges were used when loading Woolford's suspension??

Because Morley has only had 1 previous high tackle charge in the past 2 years and 1 knee lifting charge. That equates to 70% loading. 50% per similiar offence and 20% per non-similiar.

175 base + loading = 297, or 253 with the 25% early plea reduction. So Moz obviously has 40 odd carry over points as well.

I'm rather certain Woolford has been suspended on more than 2 occasions in the past 2 years. And his are often for the same offence.

Tommy Smith

Referee
SpaceMonkey said:
There was nothing in the Marshall incident, it was one of those accidental things like when Andrew Johns broke his jaw last year.
And how was the Morley incident different? That was also an accident. And under the current rules where any contact with the head is illegal, im sure the Kiwi who broke Joey's jaw would have gtten about 6 weeks...

Not really, but such is the stupidity of the rule.

Edwahu

Bench
Im pretty sure after the Woolford decision they changed the prior loading period from 3 or 4 years down to 2.

Ribs

Bench
Fair suspension. Morley is a reckless moron and while aggression is fine, his technique is appalling. Stuart should spend more time fixing the technique than crying about the media.

Morley has a reputation because he has made contact with the opponents head so often. It's not rocket science.

Latest posts