What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morley charged Grade 3

Danish

Referee
Edwahu said:
Im pretty sure after the Woolford decision they changed the prior loading period from 3 or 4 years down to 2.

I know they made it so grade 1 careless offences were not included in loading for as long. Down to 12 months now.

As can be seen on the NRL site HERE

Not sure if they reduced the time frame as well. But a good decision if they did. Woolford certainly didnt deserve 8 weeks for his tackle considering the likes of Carl Webb only received 6 for his king hit.

Danish said:
How many previous charges were used when loading Woolford's suspension??

Because Morley has only had 1 previous high tackle charge in the past 2 years and 1 knee lifting charge. That equates to 70% loading. 50% per similiar offence and 20% per non-similiar.

175 base + loading = 297, or 253 with the 25% early plea reduction. So Moz obviously has 40 odd carry over points as well.

I'm rather certain Woolford has been suspended on more than 2 occasions in the past 2 years. And his are often for the same offence.

Woolford had not been suspended for a lifting tackle in the 2 years before the incident

Danish

Referee
waltzing Meninga said:
Woolford had not been suspended for a lifting tackle in the 2 years before the incident

What about non-similiar??

He racks up plenty of high tackle charges..... And as it has been said after woolford's suspension the NRL went about changing the rules so that sort of farce would not happen again.

eddie

Juniors
He should'nt even be charged.

All he did was make a good tackle, that had unfortunate results for Walker.He can't be blamed for the fact that Walker's head is around his shoulder height.
Even a sook like Peter Sterling did'nt complain when Gillespie finished his career with a similar tackle.

Here was me thinking Rugby League was a contact sport.

Ribs said:
Fair suspension. Morley is a reckless moron and while aggression is fine, his technique is appalling. Stuart should spend more time fixing the technique than crying about the media.

Morley has a reputation because he has made contact with the opponents head so often. It's not rocket science.

Like you to call him a moron to his face - you would set an olympic marathon record that would never be beaten.

as they say liquid courage only goes so far- plenty of rabbitoh supporters tested that theory yesterday at telstra

Surandy

Bench
HoLLuS said:
Morley doesn't have a worse record, as is proven by the fact that the player's respective loading was taken into account on both occasions and the results are 3 and 8 weeks.

I thought they changed the loading formula this year.

Something about some minor offences being disregarded or having less weighting when loading was calculated.

Mr Saab

Referee
Sir Knight82 said:
I started gloating about that to the missus and she didnt have a clue what I was talking about :)

stick to talking about that stuff on here. People not associated with LUI would not give a toss.

Danish

Referee
Sir Knight82 said:
I started gloating about that to the missus and she didnt have a clue what I was talking about :)

I thought Beau Champion was the first person suspended.......

Or is it season proper only? ;-)

Surandy said:
I thought they changed the loading formula this year.

Something about some minor offences being disregarded or having less weighting when loading was calculated.

Even so i'd take a money bet that Woolford's record, new system or no, is worse than Morley's. 2 charges all up in 2 years. Woolford certainly has more than that.

Parra Guru

Coach
Tommy Smith said:
Personally, im wondering why the bloke who fractured Benji's cheekbone is not up on the same charge. Consistency...

You can't expect them to charge Reece Simmonds.... Grade 3 good hit.

ibeme

First Grade
Morley just needs to work on his technique when he wants to put on the big hit.

As it is, his only plan seems to be to run at someone hard and fast until he collides with them, and let the rest take care of itself. The result is he becomes a passenger under his own momentum and has less control than a crash test dummy after he makes contact with his target.

Iafeta

Referee
What rule change?

All I've heard today is oh the rule change to penalising shoulder tackles to the head - what did Jerry Seu Seu get 7 weeks for in 2003 against Canberra? A shoulder charge gone wrong on Woolford.

I'd be a bit cut up if I was Faumuina, same charge, I may be wearing rose tinted glasses - I fully expected a 2 week suspension - but in saying that I didn't think the tackles were anything alike in terms of malice.

Danish

Referee
Iafeta said:
What rule change?

All I've heard today is oh the rule change to penalising shoulder tackles to the head - what did Jerry Seu Seu get 7 weeks for in 2003 against Canberra? A shoulder charge gone wrong on Woolford.

I'd be a bit cut up if I was Faumuina, same charge, I may be wearing rose tinted glasses - I fully expected a 2 week suspension - but in saying that I didn't think the tackles were anything alike in terms of malice.

There is your answer. Last year there was nothing wrong with Morley's hit. This year, because they have outlawed everything and anything touching the head its illegal.

Latest posts