What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MORLEY MUST BE STOPPED

Sir Don

Juniors
It seems to me that Morley has been sent out to get rid of the oppositions play makers GOWER on friday night SHERWIN last week I also recall him at these two guys last year any comments

ibeme

First Grade
I think he needs to concentrate more on his technique. At the moment he just flies in at a hundred miles an hour with nothing on his mind other than putting on the big hit. His lack of concentration let's his technique down, and his arm naturally floats up.

I don't think it's an intentional ploy to take out players.

Fibroman

First Grade
Steve Rogers Sued Mark Bugden personally for less than I've witnessed Morley do.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Its good that hes got a bit of mongrel and is hard to put down, but he's just gotta control himself, stop swinging his arm out. He's one of those blokes where he's agressive and whenever he puts a high shot on afterwards he knows he's done the wrong thing.

Control yourself Adrian.

Matt M

Juniors
Morley isn't a dirty player, he just makes some really stupid tackles. His emotion seems to get the better of him a lot of the time. As for the tackle on Gower, that should have been a penalty and no more, it barely touched his head and it was more of a reach and grab.

ngap

Juniors
Sorry Fibro. Whose Jaw has Morely Broken.

Yes he has a technique problem but he is under the spotlight more than most problem because of this. The tackle on Sherwin was shown to be nowhere near as bad as most people on this site have made out. It was no worse than hundreds like it that go on each weekend from all teams without penalty but because Morely hits hard it appears worse.

Tackles like on Gower deserve a suspension but people need to look at all tackles without bias.

jack coburn

Juniors
to tell the truth i thought the ref got it right by awarding a penalty,there didn't seem to be any intent.no wonder the older league fan laugh at the softness of modern day footballer's,a clip around the ear's these day's see's some men fall like soccer player's.morley's problem seem's more carelessness,as for your comment fibro you obviously didn't see what bugden did,he maliciously attacked the head with all intent of causing as much damage as possible to rodger's,it was seen as assault.leagues a tough game and if you'd played you'd know that getting hit high is different to getting hit high with intent.

ngap

Juniors
No intent but to consitently go high does show some carelessness which is why it was charged.

No doubt game is a lot "softer" than before but in a lot of ways the legal damage done is a lot tougher, just the illegal stuff has been chopped out.

Booyah

Bench
fibro man said:
Steve Rogers Sued Mark Bugden personally for less than I've witnessed Morley do.

Has Morley broken any jaws and forced retirement on anyone yet?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Give yourself a pat on the back Matt M, ngap and jack coburn. :clap: It's nicee to know there are fans out there that see that Morley is nowhere near as bad as he's made out to be. Sure he has a technique problem which he himself admits and is working hard on, but in no way is he a dirty or malicious player. You wont see him niggling at all in the tackle and when he gets hit high, he gets straight back up even when you wouldnt expect him to. Case in point, home game v Raiders last where Ben Cross hit him flush in the face but he got straight back up. Didnt try and milk the penalty. Also as some have pointed out, when someone puts a decent hit on him he acknowledges it. IMO he is a fair player who shows sportsmanship.

Because he has such a high profile in the game as a quality player and enforcer/intimidator, people tend to monitor him closer. There was absolutely nothing at all in the Sherwin tackle yet it got its own paragraph in most columns and was followed by subsequent whinging by many on here. If anyone else made the tackle, nothing would be said. The tackle on Gower was not much different to the one on Sherwin and when you consider what some have gotten away with this year (Watmough), you have to wonder why he got suspended. Probably because of his reputation.

Many players have committed far worse acts over the last couple of years than Morley, but we dont see 2/3 threads a week about them. Eg, Jason Stevens trips, likes the wedgie and lifts his knees in hit-ups; Josh Perry has been done for gouging and biting.

Th

Surandy

Bench
Sir Don said:
It seems to me that Morley has been sent out to get rid of the oppositions play makers GOWER on friday night SHERWIN last week I also recall him at these two guys last year any comments

And Robbie Kearns in the Kangaroo tour last year.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Rubin Wiki is a great example of the perfect mix of aggression and technique
very rarley does he catch a bloke too high

OVP

Coach
Sir Don said:

Really, we only have to look at that avatar to realise you're simply nothing but a meathead. But did you have to make this post to prove it ?

Go away Tardula ...

fatshark

Bench
Sure, might be a timing, technique etc etc problem. But the blokes a thug.
I seem to recall a few months back someone making a flying stiff arm tackle in a test match and being sent off in the first minute. :roll: Technique..etc etc...the blokes a dirty player no doubt about it.

OVP

Coach
fatshark said:
Sure, might be a timing, technique etc etc problem. But the blokes a thug.
I seem to recall a few months back someone making a flying stiff arm tackle in a test match and being sent off in the first minute. :roll: Technique..etc etc...the blokes a dirty player no doubt about it.

hahahah a Farks supporter saying Morely is a dirty player ... hahahahah

hahahahahaah

Now i've heard it all. From the team that brought you "Would you like knees to the head, with your fries Sir ?", this is truly rich.

hahahaha

Gold !!

I cant understand why he still has this problem.

Hit with your shoulder and if you have to stretch out for a tackle hit them in the ribs.

melon....

Coach
Sir Don said:
Gower must be stopped!! Stopped from being a soft, pansie-esk, blouse wearing Julia Roberts, wannabe. Take a leaf out of Sherwin's book Gower you turd....get up and play it like a man, there was nothing in that tackle.

Shifty

Juniors
Gower must be stopped!! Stopped from being a soft, pansie-esk, blouse wearing Julia Roberts, wannabe. Take a leaf out of Sherwin's book Gower you turd....get up and play it like a man, there was nothing in that tackle.
Gower doesn't stay down unless he's genuinely hurt, even then it's hard to keep him down. He's one of the gutsiest players in the NRL in terms of playing through injury. 1 week was appropriate, but the only thing that saved Morley from a lengthy suspension was that he tried to stop half-way through the tackle, otherwise it would of been as bad as the tackle Utai got 3 weeks for.

Meth

Staff member
Personally, I love the way that Morely plays. Hard and uncompromising.

He ends up on the wrong side of the judiciary alot, but he is great entertainment.

melon.... said:

:blahb: :blahb:

:-({|= :-({|=