What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morley's disciplinary result

JOBPS

Juniors
Adrian Morley has recieved a £2000 fine but will not face being banned after his red card at the first test on Saturday.

In other words, Morley will be available for the 2nd test in Hull :D

Moffo

Referee
im happy to hear that he got let off, it'll be good to see him fire up against the Aussie pack, might put a bit of mongrel into some of the pissant forwards that we have at the moment

Cheers,
Moffo

Rich

Juniors
Justice!

The red card already cost us the test match. To the people who wanted him banned: how much more do you want? Blood? His head on a spike?

Rich said:
Justice!

The red card already cost us the test match. To the people who wanted him banned: how much more do you want? Blood? His head on a spike?

You must have been watching a different game than the rest of us then. His send off fired up your players to put in the performance of their lives, aided by a referee who failed to keep a decent ten metres and allowed your players to slow down the Australian play the ball. The Great Britain players were offside all night and that was the only reason that the score was as close as it was.

Having said all that, the man who cost you the Test match was your hooker. I can't remember his name, but he gave away two silly penalties, stupid infringements right in front of the referee. Australia scored off both ensuing sets of six.

Anyway, Morley escaped without a suspension (which would have received 4-6 weeks here) and he'll be back to atone for his stupidity on Saturday. We've suffered further injuries and you'll be facing a 3rd or 4th string Australian side on a Hull bog track with a referee who will again fail to police the ten metres and who will allow your players to slow down the play the ball.

How much more do you want?

dimitri

First Grade
hopefully the first test will help spur on the brits in the second test as well

Rich

Juniors
Eskimo Sharkie said:
Rich said:
Justice!

You must have been watching a different game than the rest of us then. His send off fired up your players to put in the performance of their lives, aided by a referee who failed to keep a decent ten metres and allowed your players to slow down the Australian play the ball. The Great Britain players were offside all night and that was the only reason that the score was as close as it was.

Having said all that, the man who cost you the Test match was your hooker. I can't remember his name, but he gave away two silly penalties, stupid infringements right in front of the referee. Australia scored off both ensuing sets of six.

Anyway, Morley escaped without a suspension (which would have received 4-6 weeks here) and he'll be back to atone for his stupidity on Saturday. We've suffered further injuries and you'll be facing a 3rd or 4th string Australian side on a Hull bog track with a referee who will again fail to police the ten metres and who will allow your players to slow down the play the ball.

You're right. Over there he'd have got 4-6 games. But also, over there he wouldn't have been sent off. And I'd rather that had happened.

1-0 up and still able to play 13 men in the 2 remaining tests.

Rich

Juniors
And as for the rest of the drivel you managed to splutter out:

I'm sure the players were 100% fired up anyway.

The referee had blth teams back the same distance. Seems like you're just looking for things to complain about.

The British hooker is called Terry Newton. What fine rugby league knowledge you possess.

3rd or 4th side? The only Australian injury suffered on saturday is Phil Bailey which works in your favour as he is utterly shite. Is Lockyer your 4th choice full back? Are Gower and Kimmorley 4th choice? Is Webcke, Buderus and Kearns your 4th choice front row? And Simpson, Fitzgibbon and Ricketson the 4th choice back row. Stop talking bollocks. There were only 2 debutants in the Australian 17 on saturday and none in the 13.

A Hull bog track? If you can't name Terry Newton then I'm assuming you've never seen Hull's new pitch.

And the referee will be Tim Mander. (He's Australian by the way).

vbfg

Juniors
Eskimo Sharkie said:

Mate, you can call us whingeing poms if you like. To some extent you'd have a point if you did. I've yet to come across an Aussie that doesn't make us look like f*cking amateurs at it. Jeez...

aqua_duck

Coach
Mate that Australian squad we got overthere is a 2nd string squad in many regards, almost 15 players pulled out for the tour including Ben Kennedy, Andrew Johns, Gorden Tallis, Luke Bailey, Mark Gasnier, Jamie Lyon, Nathan Hindmarsh, Matt Gidley, Brent Tate, Timana Tahu, Jason Ryles. Added to the fact that Girdler is injured. As for Kimmorley, I think he is the 4th choice halfback, with Johns, Gower and Sherwin in front. I mean the fact that Phil Bailey was picked to start in the centres says something.

On the Morley thing I think its a disgrace. He got sent off but he deserved it. What if he got sent in the 71st minute, then would he have got a ban? In affect he got less than one week for a shocking tackle. What amazes me its that they found him guilty of a reckless high tackle but they said it wasn't intentional, well excuse me but how many times have you seen blokes getting banned for acts which weren't intentional? I mean I think its great that Morley is playing for the sake of the game itself but this doesn't hide the fact that the judiciary is bloody incompetent. So does this ruling mean that its ok to go out there and belt blokes in the head as long as its not intentional?

mullet

Juniors
This is wrong. A red card is not a sufficient dicipline. If he did that back here he'd be gone 6 weeks (but then again he plays under the rooster emblem). :roll:

This is an absolute disgrace, they've set the precedent for this type of dicipline, if an aus player does a 'reckless but not intentional' tackle simlar to morley's, i expect him to get off - simple

Rich said:
And as for the rest of the drivel you managed to splutter out:

I'm sure the players were 100% fired up anyway.

The referee had blth teams back the same distance. Seems like you're just looking for things to complain about.

The British hooker is called Terry Newton. What fine rugby league knowledge you possess.

3rd or 4th side? The only Australian injury suffered on saturday is Phil Bailey which works in your favour as he is utterly shite. Is Lockyer your 4th choice full back? Are Gower and Kimmorley 4th choice? Is Webcke, Buderus and Kearns your 4th choice front row? And Simpson, Fitzgibbon and Ricketson the 4th choice back row. Stop talking bollocks. There were only 2 debutants in the Australian 17 on saturday and none in the 13.

A Hull bog track? If you can't name Terry Newton then I'm assuming you've never seen Hull's new pitch.

And the referee will be Tim Mander. (He's Australian by the way).

It was meant to be tongue in cheek, Rich.

But:

If that was the same 10 metres, then whoever did the measuring should ask for a refund on their ruler. Or a new guide dog.

Morley wasn't on the field long enough to allow us to compare what the intensity was like before and after his departure. I've no doubt that Great Britain were fired up for the Test. They always are for the 1st one, more so than the others, and it appeared to me that they were fired up all the more for the send off. The commentators mentioned it as well.

Bailey was shite, you'll get no argument from me, and I'm a Cronulla supporter. He does play in the centres with the Sharks, but he is way too slow and should be back in the second row where he is most suited. He is definitely not Test standard and his selection there was pretty controversial here in Oz. The injury no doubt saved him from being dropped.

Out of the 13 players on the park, not many of those were in the team that walloped your boys 64-10 earlier this year and the Kiwis 48-6. Lockyer, Webcke, Buderus, Minichiello and Fitzgibbon are probably the only ones that would have been in Saturday night's line-up if all players were available. That's 5 out of 13, so yes, I'd call the team that played on Saturday night a 3rd or 4th rate Australian side.

I do know who the British hooker is. I'd worded it that way because his performance was forgettable. The point was that his indiscretions cost your team more than Morley's sending off did. The extra man is only an asset if you can get the ball out wide and quickly, but the skinny 10 metres didn't allow that, so giving stupid penalties that lead to tries by the opposition is more costly. Just my opinion.

The comment about the Hull bog track was sarcasm. Obviously lost on you. No, I've never to the ground there and have no burning desire to. After being born in the UK, apart from the occasional trip there to visit family and friends, I'm happy to live and remain in Australia. Drove through Hull once and it was raining and as soggy as an old man's underpants. Smelled about the same as well.

I well aware that the 2nd Test will be refereed by an Australian. Sarcasm again I'm afraid and Tim Mander is a bit lax on the 10 metres here. He also likes to blow the whistle, so you can expect both a more even and a higher penalty count. It's a real shame that Bill Harrigan retired. If he was refereeing, it would be a different story. For a start, Morley would probably have not been sent from the field and you'd see a fast open game.

As for the whingeing, sorry about that. I haven't been able to completely shake off my English upbringing.

Rooster Lozz

Juniors
I am going to be hugely biased here for a change and say that the penalty Morley got for the hit on Saturday night was fair enough. Yes he would have been out for 4-6 weeks in Australia but he wouldnt have been sent off, he would have been reported maybe 10 in the bin but no send off. That was punishment enough, did you see how devestated he was in the sheds after it? I bet the embaressment to a guy like Morley compounded by the fact that GB lost is enough punishment. This series needs Morley in it because the guy at his best and when he is playing within the rules of the game is one of the best if not the best forward running around these days.
Yes I am a Roosters fan and i love the guy but what he did was wrong and he has receieved due punishment.
Also i think GB will win the next game and i have tickets to the 3rd test and i think drawn at 1-1 that game will be huuuggeeeeee.
As for Newton (yes i know his name saw him bawling his little eyes out at Super League GF) he should have been suspended, what a joke that the video ref didnt pick up on this. Fitzy was badly concussed and didnt take part in majority of the game whilst Kearnes got up and played the majority of the game. Doesnt make to much sense

Anonymous

Juniors
Fair punishment. The poor bloke had to sit in the sheds for the whole game, as has been in mentioned in embarassment. Kennedy's hit in origin was a hell of a lot worse for mine and he copped 5 weeks was it?

It's not like the fine he's been hit with is peanuts either.

mullet

Juniors
Rooster Lozz said:
I am going to be hugely biased here for a change and say that the penalty Morley got for the hit on Saturday night was fair enough. Yes he would have been out for 4-6 weeks in Australia but he wouldnt have been sent off, he would have been reported maybe 10 in the bin but no send off. That was punishment enough, did you see how devestated he was in the sheds after it? I bet the embaressment to a guy like Morley compounded by the fact that GB lost is enough punishment. This series needs Morley in it because the guy at his best and when he is playing within the rules of the game is one of the best if not the best forward running around these days.
Yes I am a Roosters fan and i love the guy but what he did was wrong and he has receieved due punishment.
Also i think GB will win the next game and i have tickets to the 3rd test and i think drawn at 1-1 that game will be huuuggeeeeee.
As for Newton (yes i know his name saw him bawling his little eyes out at Super League GF) he should have been suspended, what a joke that the video ref didnt pick up on this. Fitzy was badly concussed and didnt take part in majority of the game whilst Kearnes got up and played the majority of the game. Doesnt make to much sense

rooster bias :roll: but i can get past that. Anywayz i believe he would have been sent off if he did that in an nrl game it happened to gallen and that canberra raider captain. There is a difference between high shot and the shot morley put on. morley can count himself lucky that Kearnes got up and continued to played

yakstorm

First Grade
Eskimo Sharkie said:
The Great Britain players were offside all night and that was the only reason that the score was as close as it was.

Look at the stats Eskimo, Australia was just as much offside as the Poms, the ref was fair in having a short 10 meters for both.

roopy

Referee
ozbash said:
i think the send off was penalty enough.
I think so too.
The same question came up when Ben Kennedy was rubbed out for a SOO game and a test in his suspension. I don't think Ben came right out and said it, but he implied that a test match is equal to several club games at least.
The defence didn't work for Ben, but not sitting in the stands for what was probably the biggest game of his life so far is something Morley would have cheerfully traded for the first 10 rounds next season I bet.