What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morley's disciplinary result

nqboy

First Grade
You blokes are kidding. "The poor bloke's already missed the whole game" - whose fault is that? Does that mean we can suspend him if he does the same thing in the 79th minute because he hasn't already missed a whole game? "Did you see how devestated he was in the sheds?" - Again, whose fault is that?

What's money to these guys? Some generous supporter will pay that for him and he gets off scot free. Someone did that in the old days for I think it was Mark Graham at Norths. He did the crime, he should do the time.

5-6 weeks easy. And he would've got sent off in Australia, that wouldn't have got past the video ref.

I think it's great that he's playing, we'd rather play your best side, but the decision is a disgrace, a grubby little backroom deal.

ForestDragon

Juniors
:) Pleased to have him back on board,maybe the punishment isn,t as harsh as it would have been in NRL,but it all adds fire to the 2nd test.When the Kangaroos take the field in Hull lets hope 13 v 13 gives us an epic game and hoping for a GBwin to level. ;-)

mac

Juniors
morley got what he deserved, a red card and a £2000 fine, maybe if it had been in the nrl he would have been banned for eternity, but it's not the nrl, it's an international in britain. i can't believe how much you aussies are moaning about it, kearns was the one who got hit and he's not moaning.

flatcap

Juniors
Eskimo Sharkie said:
Drove through Hull once and it was raining and as soggy as an old man's underpants. Smelled about the same as well.

how do you know what your old mans underpants smell like? thought i'd ask the obvious :D

I'm an old man so it comes from personal experience :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only joking and I'll give up on the sarcasm. No-one outside Australia seems to get it.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Morely was very lucky that
a) he's high profile
b) he's playing for GB

If it had been an australian who did a similar shot he would have been gone for a while. I reckon that if it had been one of the lesser known GB players he would have got suppended.

As stated, no one made Morely put on that shot, it's his own fault. I reckon it was almost as abd as that hit that O'donnel put on monahagn

Anonymous

Juniors
Pierced Soul said:
Morely was very lucky that
a) he's high profile
b) he's playing for GB

If it had been an australian who did a similar shot he would have been gone for a while. I reckon that if it had been one of the lesser known GB players he would have got suppended.

As stated, no one made Morely put on that shot, it's his own fault. I reckon it was almost as abd as that hit that O'donnel put on monahagn

I was a big defender of Odonnell, but you've got to be kidding. Luke led with the forearm (which I don't believe was aimed at the head), and clocked monohan in the jaw. That's why he got such a huge suspension. Morely's was nothing compared to it.

Eelectrica

Referee
It will make for a better game with Morley available for the next test so I'm happy he's available. Also means GB won't have any excuses when we win game 2 :lol: ;-)

Balmain_Boy said:
I was a big defender of O'Donnell, but you've got to be kidding. Luke led with the forearm (which I don't believe was aimed at the head), and clocked monohan in the jaw. That's why he got such a huge suspension. Morely's was nothing compared to it.

The length of suspension seems to be related to the severity of the injury sustained by the victim. I'm sure that Kearns recovery and "good word" in support of Morley had a lot to do with his escaping suspension.

It's a moot point now, but suspensions should be related to the offence, not the injury sustained by whoever is on the receiving end. Kearns didn't even attempt a side-step and that makes Morley's high shot all the worse and makes it look deliberate. In my mind, a careless high tackle is one where the tackled player moves or side-steps at the last minute and the tackler throws the arm out. That definitely wasn't the case with Morley.

But I do agree with Eelectric, I'm glad that both he and Newton will be playing and it takes away the excuses. It will be all the sweeter when we win on Saturday and wrap up the series.

anjado

Juniors
well dmitri made a great point
what about when Stevens stomped on Terry O'Connor's head
He didnt even get penalised let alone suspended
and the reason was because oh its not in his game to do that
so the whole he's english so he got off is floored
and i dont see how a referee can keep a team in the match
when they send off your best player after the first tackle of the game
and Gordon Tallis didnt get suspended for pounding Ben Ross
so what makes anyone think he would of good suspended anyway
some of you make out its the worst takle in the history of the game
and who knows if the Lions fired up more after he got sent off
i mean it was the first tackle in the game nobody knows
they could of been just as fired up and won the game
and finally people keep saying about all the injuries australia have had
but the top 5 teams in the nrl this season excluding the warriors
had alot of fit players with the exception of hill and hodges
so they could of picked players on form and they didnt
so if they get beaten its not because of injuries
its because of not picking the right players
theirs my rant ended

dimitri

First Grade
well dmitri made a great point
what about when Stevens stomped on Terry O'Connor's head
He didnt even get penalised let alone suspended
and the reason was because oh its not in his game to do that
so the whole he's english so he got off is floored

i totally agree

Rich

Juniors
nqboy, are you trying to win the troll of the year award?! You think Morley's got off scot free? THE SEND OFF COST GB THE FIRST TEST!!

In any sane person's language, that is not getting off scot free!!

And, yes, Stevens got ONE game and NO send off for trying to blind Terry O'Connor.

vbfg

Juniors
Remember the tackle that ended Ian Lucas' career? That warranted a penalty.

All this being upside down has made the blood go to your heads. Calm down

vbfg

Juniors
Michael_Ballack said:
vbfg said:
Remember the tackle that ended Ian Lucas' career? That warranted a penalty.

All this being upside down has made the blood go to your heads. Calm down
pfft so your condoning swinging arms?

No, I think he was right to be sent off and given a sensible judiciary that took past record into account he'd have received more than a fine, he'd have missed at least one and probably more matches.

What I'm saying is you lot condone swinging arms. The one guy on the panel who thought it should have been an on-field penalty only was the Australian representative, and in fairly similar circumstances when one of your own players (Harragon as I recall) did the same to one of ours it was deemed to be a nothing tackle. Except it ended his career. Kearns, who thinks he can now say he has been knocked out in test match football, didn't even drop the ball.

pfft indeed.

Grantwhy

Juniors
So what does everyone think of Morley's high hit on Matt Sing after a penalty had already been given against the Lions?

Frenzy

Juniors
Grantwhy said:
So what does everyone think of Morley's high hit on Matt Sing after a penalty had already been given against the Lions?

I think it was an atrocious late, high attack on a little bloke well after the whistle had blown. I think it's typical of the man, Morley, and his total disregard for the rules.

I wish the Pommie ref was in charge as no doubt he'd of been red carded again.

Praise should go to Matt Sing for not trying to milk it.

What about Fielden's gutless act on Gower, pushing over the advertising banner onto thew asphalt.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Frenzy said:
Grantwhy said:

I think it was an atrocious late, high attack on a little bloke well after the whistle had blown. I think it's typical of the man, Morley, and his total disregard for the rules.

I wish the Pommie ref was in charge as no doubt he'd of been red carded again.

Praise should go to Matt Sing for not trying to milk it.

What about Fielden's gutless act on Gower, pushing over the advertising banner onto thew asphalt.

The Sing one will be called 'no case to answer' surely? Look closely at the replay and his arm gives the ball a fair rattle before being deflected upwards to catch his chin.

I hate Morley though, Peacock's better.

Latest posts