What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morris in doubt for opener!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Just reported on 2KY that John Morris could be missing at the start of the season due to an injury, that's about all that was reported.

I was tipped off at this about 2 weeks ago but didn't post it until it became official, I was also told that PJ might be in doubt which means with Pig we may have 3 firstgrade hookers missing for the match against Newcastle. I was also told that Marcus would be given a shot in the trialsat five-eight to cover for the players recovering from injury.

PB

Bench
It would be just typical if we have all the makings of a great season ahead of us after winning the minor premiership and keeping our entire squad together, that we have an injury plagued season...

Stagger eel

Staff member
eelz47 said:
go marcus,

i think it aint to bad, just means we have to mix it up a bit

yeah! for sure.

I don't think it's a tragedy just a bit of a set back, just remember we're notoriously slow starters so struggling for personel early in the season only means that our young players will get the opportunity to turn it on, I just hope that when Johnny does get fit, that he'll need put the extra yards in and get desperate due to the good form of Marcus.

I do not want one player to feel comfortable about their position this year and that even includes Hindy.

PB said:
It would be just typical if we have all the makings of a great season ahead of us after winning the minor premiership and keeping our entire squad together, that we have an injury plagued season...

I thought you guys got off pretty lightly injury wise last year.

Whats wrong with PJ and riddle?

Bad luck though guys I was hoping both teams would be fit for a corker of a match.

Sir Knight82 said:

Bad luck though guys I was hoping both teams would be fit for a corker of a match.

How do you figure losing Hindmarsh - light?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Sir Knight82 said:

we'll still be competative, don't worry about that.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Ref in Seat 196 said:
Two words:

Jeremy Smith

I'm sure he'll get his opportunity as well..

I just heard on the BSB that it's a pectorial muscle injury, and his out indefinetly, the last player I can remember who had that sort of injury there was Luke Davico, and he was out for 6 months...

hope it's not as bad as that.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
i feel sorry for Morris, but this could be a blessing in disguise, tbh. i don't think he'll ever be a rep level player. if he stayed fit, there's no way he'd be dropped and may have played out the season only to leave at the end of the year. This way, a couple of others may get their shot who may even turn out to be better, not only this year but also in the longer term.

walker smith

Juniors
eloquentEEL said:
i feel sorry for Morris, but this could be a blessing in disguise, tbh. i don't think he'll ever be a rep level player. if he stayed fit, there's no way he'd be dropped and may have played out the season only to leave at the end of the year. This way, a couple of others may get their shot who may even turn out to be better, not only this year but also in the longer term.

I agree. the younger guys want opportunity? well its time to bang down the door.....

Stagger eel

Staff member
bartman said:
3 hookers out injured... Eela, you better get in training for Round 1 ;-)

last time I played hooker I gave the opposing hooker a massive nipple cripple during a scrum and I got penalised!!

I'm sure both Drew and Jimmy may cover the vacant spot with distinction.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
eelavation said:
last time I played hooker I gave the opposing hooker a massive nipple cripple during a scrum and I got penalised!!

you gotta warn people before you say something like that... I almost shot hot tea out my nose.

yy_cheng

Coach
I would have marcus off the bench replacing PJ and Delaney or Feleti and 5/8th for the trials. It also allows some time for marcus to play 5/8th as well.

Latest posts