What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morris in doubt for opener!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Not to worry:

Hooker: Drew Dalton and Jimmy Storer.

5/8: Marcus Perenara, Jeremy Smith.

Incidentally, what happened to the Pig? I thought he'd be fit for Round 1...

Tyler Durden

Juniors
eelavation said:
I just heard on the BSB that it's a pectorial muscle injury, and his out indefinetly, the last player I can remember who had that sort of injury there was Luke Davico, and he was out for 6 months...

half and PJ will be relieved that the hair of Johnny Morris is uninjured

Stagger eel

Staff member
Tyler Durden said:
half and PJ will be relieved that the hair of Johnny Morris is uninjured

the hair is fine, I did hear that there was a scare involving his hair, a dud comb and cheap gel which he bought from a friend,

all is well in that department now.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Eelementary said:
Incidentally, what happened to the Pig? I thought he'd be fit for Round 1...

rolled his ankle at training... latest news was that he should be ready for round 1... i think it's more that someone's speculating that he MAY not be ready

Stagger eel

Staff member
eloquentEEL said:
rolled his ankle at training... latest news was that he should be ready for round 1... i think it's more that someone's speculating that he MAY not be ready

I last heard he was in doubt.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
fair enough... haven't heard anything since the original incident anyway and hadn't read any updates around here either... i was just guessing that it was speculation but if you've heard something more concrete, any news on when he's expected back?

Stagger eel

Staff member
eloquentEEL said:
fair enough... haven't heard anything since the original incident anyway and hadn't read any updates around here either... i was just guessing that it was speculation but if you've heard something more concrete, any news on when he's expected back?

I would imagine if he doesn't play round 1 he should be right on round 2, but don't know for sure, John Morris is the one we should be concerned about with his injury god knows when he'll be ready to take the field.

I agree - Mariah will be back soon enough if its not round one then it should be 2 or 3.

Seconds injury is a big blow. Hopefully he isnt out too long.

strider

Post Whore
eelavation said:
I would imagine if he doesn't play round 1 he should be right on round 2, but don't know for sure, John Morris is the one we should be concerned about with his injury god knows when he'll be ready to take the field.

more importantly, will the injury affect his hair styling technique? :shock: .... surely thats what really matters

eloquentEEL

First Grade
eelavation said:
I'm sure he'll get his opportunity as well..

I just heard on the BSB that it's a pectorial muscle injury, and his out indefinetly, the last player I can remember who had that sort of injury there was Luke Davico, and he was out for 6 months...

hope it's not as bad as that.

tony puletua had one too and was also estimated upto 6 months... doesn't look good if it is a pectoral tear.

Eels Fan

Juniors
One thing the club has is depth & this will give some of the younger guys a go nice 7 early to see if they are up to first grade. I'd rather them have to come in to cover injuries in round 1 than the GF Qualifier.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
I'm sure he'll get his opportunity as well..

They should give Jeremy Smith a go ahead of Marcus. Marcus is a good player but not as good as Smith. Delaney is either going to be a centre or a backrower.

And I don't think anybody else is ready. If Morris is out long term it would be better to go with a 5/8 instead of a stopgap option.

I heard earlier that Jeremy Smith was told he would have first crack at the 5/8 spot, now I wonder whether they knew about Morris's injury back then.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Ref in Seat 196 said:
They should give Jeremy Smith a go ahead of Marcus. Marcus is a good player but not as good as Smith. Delaney is either going to be a centre or a backrower.

they should give it to whoever performs better in the trials and remember Marcus is actually more a five-eight than half.

Eelementary

Post Whore
:lol:

No, I think Wags' days at 5/8 are past. They probably want him protecting Timmy. Which is a good idea.

Post number 6000 for moi.

yy_cheng

Coach
Neither should Widders be at 5/8th. They tried him there last year and he lost his timing (as to when to work his magic) and he tried to do magic pudding stuff on each play.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
eelavation said:
the info I have is the club is hopeful at the very worst he'll be out until round 4.

probably not a torn muscle/tendon then. i'll stick by what I previously said about it possibly being a blessing in disguise.

Latest posts