What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morris may join Eels exodus

Stagger eel

Staff member
strider said:
mmmmm .... my concern is we won't sign anyone decent

we need:
1) a big barging style forward;
2) a solid worker to replace morro;
3) a creative player who won't go missing when it matters

I wouldn't want to go into 07 with basically the same squad - i think we've learnt a few changes help the cause - not just coaching changes (altho that will certainly mix things up to a degree)

Mate, I think it's everyone's concern but at the very least I can assure you that the club is aware of it's deficiencies in the squad and what they need to do to improve it, we may or may not be succesful but we won't die wondering either.

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
either that or he's got no idea what's happeing because he hasn't been updated by Zap and Mitchell.

He'd want to know. He's the one that signs the cheques.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
He'd want to know. He's the one that signs the cheques.

Suity

very true, but he's not the one who does the negotiating. he is continuelly updated, once a week I'm told.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Parraletic said:
Were losing all the good players & keeping all the sh*t! Same old story Dennis.

sh*t = Hindy, Moimoi, Tahu, Grothe, Riddell, Marsh, Cayless, hayne, Ben Smith, Tim smith, Chad Robinson, Inu.

Just think before you type.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Who does Morris think he is? Brad Fittler? PUT SOME FORM ON THE BOARD AND EARN A GOOD CONTRACT!

Far out does everyone in our team want something for nothing? What's Wade done to deserve three years? I can't remember the last time Morris won us a game either. And don't even get me started on Delaney.

I wish Fitzy would take a similar stance to the one he has with Lyon (which for the record, I do support) with the rest of these blokes. If you don't like the offer, good riddance because someone else will. Why pay big bucks for players who aren't doing anything for us now? Morris should be fined everytime he complains to the media about next year's contract because it would seem he is more concerned about that than winning games.

Suitman

Post Whore
ParraDude_Jay said:
Who does Morris think he is? Brad Fittler? PUT SOME FORM ON THE BOARD AND EARN A GOOD CONTRACT!

Far out does everyone in our team want something for nothing? What's Wade done to deserve three years? I can't remember the last time Morris won us a game either. And don't even get me started on Delaney.

I wish Fitzy would take a similar stance to the one he has with Lyon (which for the record, I do support) with the rest of these blokes. If you don't like the offer, good riddance because someone else will. Why pay big bucks for players who aren't doing anything for us now? Morris should be fined everytime he complains to the media about next year's contract because it would seem he is more concerned about that than winning games.

Don't discount the influence Player/Managers have over these fellas.

Suity

Redback71

First Grade
id have mooris at hooker and mover ridel to the 2nd row or lock or tell the fat pig to shape up or ship out.

morris is twice the player ridell is; (thats skill wise not weight wise).

half

Coach
a couple of years ago some of us worried we wouldn't sign any big name players on the market and we ended up signing most of them. last year pretty much all of us were totally worried that we wouldn't be re-signing john morris yet we did. imo we should re-sign john morris because he is totally tubular

Delboy

First Grade
To all those posters who keep suggesting that we get rid of good players and keep ordinary ones. Who signed the players to those deals, why our ex coach BS, his idea of rewarding the likes of some of the names has also helped keep our options a little on the short side.
Never underestimate what BS did, DF gave him full control and only made sure the budgets were kept etc. Hopefully over the next 12 months or so we will see some better options taken, I think we only have 4 players currently signed for 2008, its a blank sheet that needs to be filled in.
Thanks Brian

emjaycee

Coach
Delboy said:
To all those posters who keep suggesting that we get rid of good players and keep ordinary ones. Who signed the players to those deals, why our ex coach BS, his idea of rewarding the likes of some of the names has also helped keep our options a little on the short side.
Never underestimate what BS did, DF gave him full control and only made sure the budgets were kept etc. Hopefully over the next 12 months or so we will see some better options taken, I think we only have 4 players currently signed for 2008, its a blank sheet that needs to be filled in.
Thanks Brian

Delboy, I cant decide whether you are being sarcastic towards BS or not.
:)

jayjayselmes

Juniors
eelavation said:
sh*t = Hindy, Moimoi, Tahu, Grothe, Riddell, Marsh, Cayless, hayne, Ben Smith, Tim smith, Chad Robinson, Inu.

Just think before you type.

YES eelavation Tim Smith is rubbish with 22000 odd post sure you know a little about the gam,e and can spot a terrible player when you see one!!

emjaycee

Coach
Jayjay, I am not saying I agree or disagree with you, but I would be interested to see who you would have in your "ultimate" Parra team from current NRL players. They dont have to be off contract as I am just trying to get a feel for the type of team you would build.

Stagger eel

Staff member
jayjayselmes said:
YES eelavation Tim Smith is rubbish with 22000 odd post sure you know a little about the gam,e and can spot a terrible player when you see one!!

yes, well with 146 posts you can talk can you..did you think he was rubbish last year?

for someone who seems to think that McKinnon is the be all end all of the side you sure have a hide to accuse me that I don't know much about the game.

Delboy

First Grade
I was trying to suggest that the reason we have a roster of average players is a result of BS building his style of team.
He recruited the sort of teams that win the majority of games when he got it right, but no X factor players to win the big games.
DF's agreement was to give Brian full control and as his powers waned we did not recruit from the lower levels up.We are now seeing the results as some players that should not have been given the opportunity to be with us, are clogging the system. I am not trying to be sarcastic, BS was with us too long and his actions over the past few months have not helped us at all.
I dont think he did what he said he was going to do, which was be a professional and ensure "his club" marched on, but look at where we are, not happy with his actions at all and I think we may have to endure 12 months of rebuilding before we see light at the end of the tunnel.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
i never implied that at all.

all im saying is that getting rid of morriss, wade, and lyon as good as gone and keep the likes of vella, cayless, tsoulous, t smith.

And yes he was everage last year!!! MKost of the go forward and guster was from tahu, grothe, riddell, pj, wade and dean widders killing it for good metres gained while tim smith rode the back of those talented players.

No that going has gotten a little tough hes fianlly been found out the real player that he is. One whose kicking game is questionable and he NEVER runs to the line like quality halfbacks and his passing game is dreadfull to say the least with intercepts and forward passes.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
and wade is not the be all and end all but housting a quality fullback for the sake of 1 year is stupid. To put in and unknown unproven 18 years old is highy ridiculous.

Keep him on the wing he is good there