What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morris or Witt??

Mzilikazi

Juniors
I've just watched the Paramatta and Manly games back to back.

Morris scored a sharp try and was solid but also missed a tackle when the Cowboys scored their first try. He still looks uncomfortable in the number 6. He's a better number 9 for mine.

Witt scored the winning try for Manly and was solid throughout. Seems to be finding his feet and is taking over quite a bit of the playmaking from Monaghan. Man of the Match for many of the Brookvale faithful.

Serious question: Who would you guys rather have in the blue and gold number 6?

Eels Dude

Coach
Morris. At least we know he has a good combination with Smith and he seems suitable in the 5'8th role to me. He seemed to be very inconsistent when playing dummy half in the past.

verywet_eels

Juniors
Definately morris, hes got a better tackling technique. Morris will fit into the number 6 just give him more time. Hes not doing too bad there anyway, some kicks, some tries and some try assists. What more could you ask for?

1eyedeel

Juniors
Morris is playing bloody unreal. He's going far better than I ever though he would and he's playing the perfect foil for Tim Smith which is exactly what we need. At this stage of their careers it's not even a contest.

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
witt is just a an average footy player that doesnt offer much in attack and even less in defense, and thats even before he disapears into the twilight zone and you never see him again in the game.. #-o

morris has surprised i would say everyone and is really making that number 6 his own
he is complementing timmy perfectly so far

I think Witt has found his posy at 5/8 as is definately not a halfback. But Witt does not compare to Moriss, He doesn't even rate.

rednut

Juniors
morris, but from what i saw of that manly game today witt have a very good game, he just needs to be more consistent

fridge

seriously, im so glad we gave up witt.

i can describe his play with a 4 letter expletive that rhymes with his name, and starts with SH.

his brother steve is doing nothing in newcastle as well. so im glad we let them both go and fitzy let it happen and didnt sack BS. :clap:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Mzilikazi said:
I've just watched the Paramatta and Manly games back to back.

Morris scored a sharp try and was solid but also missed a tackle when the Cowboys scored their first try. He still looks uncomfortable in the number 6. He's a better number 9 for mine.

Witt scored the winning try for Manly and was solid throughout. Seems to be finding his feet and is taking over quite a bit of the playmaking from Monaghan. Man of the Match for many of the Brookvale faithful.

Serious question: Who would you guys rather have in the blue and gold number 6?

Morris.

Better defence, better foot work, better mind.

Plus he's the leading try-assit 5/8, I believe.

strider

Post Whore
filthy_spammers said:
Morris is playing bloody unreal. He's going far better than I ever though he would and he's playing the perfect foil for Tim Smith which is exactly what we need. At this stage of their careers it's not even a contest.

Absolutely agree 110%.

I don't know why anyone is questioning Morris - he's been outstanding for us this season at 5/8.

Manly trolls trying to justify their purchase :roll:

Hurriflatch

Referee
I'd pick Morris because he complements Timmy more

in reggies last year at times Witt and Smith seemed to get in each others way too much at times.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Morris has actually exceded expectations in his role at Five-eight and I have no doubt who I'd rather have, however I'd personally like to compliment Witt in the year he's had so far, he's also gone better than we all expected, I think that had a little to do with most underated half back in the comp playing inside him.

bartman

Immortal
They made a good combination together in the halves in the later parts of the 2003 season, better than anything else we'd tried.

This year Morris been consistently one of our best imo, and a very good foil in allowing Tim Smith to do his stuff. Perhaps that why Witt's best at Parra was also when he played alongside Morris?

So while I know Witt is a better player than he was with Parra last year, I'm happy with Morris in the 6 this year.

The_Coach

Juniors
Morris is a good running 5/8th. He runs at the line with speed and he always looks a chance of going through the line. And now with Widders running outside him he looks even more dangerous.

oldmancraigy

Coach
If you'd watched any other Manly games this season, then you wouldn't even be asking the question - Witt is Mr Anonymous in most of the games - you wouldn't even know he's there until he takes a kick at goal.

Morris has been playing MUCH better than Witt this year (and every year) - we're talking about a solid first grader vs a fringe first grader - if Manly had ANYONE else to try in that no 6 jersey, then I'm sure they'd have given them a whirl by now...

Mzilikazi

Juniors
oldmancraigy said:
If you'd watched any other Manly games this season, then you wouldn't even be asking the question - Witt is Mr Anonymous in most of the games - you wouldn't even know he's there until he takes a kick at goal.
Agreed - he played second fiddle to Moanaghan in the early part of the season but he has stepped up and been very adequate in recent weeks.

It will be interesting to see how he goes when he crosses the 50 1st Grade games barrier. It's a learning curve up until that point.

Not trying to be a troll on this one. Just genuinely interested in what you guys think of the merits of both. Looks like Morris gets a resounding thumbs up.

See you all in 2 weeks when we do battle on a Friday night. I wonder which teams will be missing who due to the Origin side.

You'll be without your heart and soul in Hindmarsh, that much is certain. We will probably not have 1-3 of our back row. Maybe 2 Blues spots will be decided between Kennedy, Menzies, Watmough and Morrison?

Good luck chaps.

Latest posts