What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morris VS Slater

drunkidiot

Juniors
After 4 Rounds

Averages

Morris
Receives: 26.25
Runs: 19.25
All Run Metres: 173
Running Efficiency: 8.98 Metres per run
Try Assists: 0.75
Tackle Breaks: 5
Tackles: 5.25
Missed Tackles: 0.75
Offloads: 2
Line Breaks: 1
Errors: 0.75
Penalties Conceded: 0

Slater
Receives: 38.25
Runs: 14
All Run Metres: 139.5
Running Efficiency: 9.96 Metres per run
Try Assists: 1
Tackle Breaks: 5.25
Tackles: 6.25
Missed Tackles: 0.75
Offloads: 1
Line Breaks: 1.5
Errors: 1.25
Penalties Conceded: 0.75

Honestly I think Slater still has the edge but Morris is definitely up there with the best in my opinion. What do you guys think?

ghostface

Juniors
We shouldn't even be comparing the two. Morris has a long way to go before we can compare him to Slater.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Slater is unbelievable.

Comparing B Moz after 2 whole games is a bit too much, but he certainly looks the goods in 1.

He's single handedly changed us from a fringe dweller into a contender in two weeks. We look dynamic.

I prey he stays fit.

Slater is another universe though.

drunkidiot

Juniors
I understand, I was comparing him with the best to see how he shapes up so far this year. No point comparing him to an average fullback. Those stats are average over the 4 rounds, morris actually improving his stats dramatically in fullback, probably because he is getting more ball now. But you can't deny that he is performing damn well stacked up against slater, whos been more expensive in the errors and penalties conceded stat. Not to mention the teams storm have played haven't exactly been that flash.

bottle

Coach
Seriously, it's going off prematurely like this that makes the fans of other teams laugh at some Saints supporters. Slater is possibly the best fullback of his time, and we get this after two games from BMoz. Settle down and give it a while, a couple of years perhaps, not a couple of games.

drunkidiot

Juniors
haha I think you guys are misunderstanding my point. I wasn't saying morris is better than slater or anything. I'm just really interested in statistics, not that they mean anything really. I just find it interesting to compare the statistics of players to give a rough idea of how they are going.

Here is Boyds

Receives: 32.5
Runs: 11
All Run Metres: 83.75
Running Efficiency: 7.61 Metres per run
Try Assists: 0
Tackle Breaks: 1.5
Tackles: 5
Missed Tackles: 1
Offloads: 0.25
Line Breaks: 0

St Benny

Juniors
haha I think you guys are misunderstanding my point. I wasn't saying morris is better than slater or anything. I'm just really interested in statistics, not that they mean anything really. I just find it interesting to compare the statistics of players to give a rough idea of how they are going.

Here is Boyds

Receives: 32.5
Runs: 11
All Run Metres: 83.75
Running Efficiency: 7.61 Metres per run
Try Assists: 0
Tackle Breaks: 1.5
Tackles: 5
Missed Tackles: 1
Offloads: 0.25
Line Breaks: 0

There you have it, evidence that Morris is the greatest FB of all time.. \\\\:D/

Reyter

Juniors
Too soon to compare Morris with Slater or Hayne but early indications are very good. I very much doubt Slater or Hayne did so well in their first two games at fullback.

watatank

Coach
Too soon to compare Morris with Slater or Hayne but early indications are very good. I very much doubt Slater or Hayne did so well in their first two games at fullback.

lol it's not Morris' first two games at fullback though

TheRev

First Grade
Ai just take it as an exercise in looking at numbers, but I think you missed a rather important stat lol..

Slater = 8 tries
Morris = 1 try

Morris isnt a patch on Slater, but his dynamic nature is really giving our team some unpredictability which im really enjoying, and although we have lost that silky smooth left edge attack, I'm much prefering the balance of the team right now, the defence doesnt quite know what to do.

Like someone else said, lets just hope Brett stays healthy and is up to the slamming that fullbacks get.

Reyter

Juniors
Yeah, I think I remember him playing fullback against Manly in 2009 and scoring a length of the field solo try. If my memory isn't mistaken, I should say his first 3 games in the top grade at fullback.
Happy now?

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
I think the only reason Brett Morris is ahead in the all run metres category is because Billy Slater stopped to put the ball down, and the fact that he's also had less runs is phenonmenal he's been close to unstoppable this year, looks set to win another dally m medal.

Minh

First Grade
Morris has the potential to be up there with the top 3 to 5 fullbacks in the NRL if he keeps up the good form, he is certainly very dynamic and made us look a million bucks recently.

drunkidiot

Juniors
you guys are funny.

Anyway, I did miss that important stat which is tries doh.

Hypothetically speaking though, if you were to rate a current fullbacks form based purely on every stat available, what kind of weightings would you put on the formula?

I am interested in doing this for every position, and forming some season based statistical ranking system for each position. As the season goes on it should get more accurate to the consistency of players. Once i got it up and running I am going to backfill a few seasons back and recalculate to see who truly are the most consistent and best performing players in each position.

Any help would be good.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Morris is playing well. And his Stats are good.

But please never compare the 2 again. It's just a little silly.

Slater is the greatest fullback of all time. You do know that right?

Latest posts