What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morrison signs with the Eels

Eels Dude

Coach
half said:
seriously, did parra take over the oasis project?!? or is wise kativerata's exit paying all these new salaries?

I was thinking the same thing. Some of these guys coming off contract must have significantly overpriced contracts.

Morrison is a great aquisition though. If we cannot become premiership threats with this side then we never will be with Smith aboard.

Parra_Eels

Bench
this was the DT side they put this morning
Wade
Grothe
Tahu
Vaealiki
Burt
Morris
Witt
Cayless
Riddell
Vella
Hindmarsh
Morrison
Wagon

Stringer
Cannings
Widders
Dykes*

*Linked with Cronulla

thats a nice team

Wow...Stringer, Morrison, Tahu, Robinson...the Eels must have a few players on 10k a season to get these guys under the salary cap ??.

;-)

Earl

Coach
GoTheBears said:
I didnt know fitzgibbon was now at Parra :p But it is a great buy
I know about Stringer but im a little more concerned over Morrosin, i know who i would rather have t at my club.

Nah Fitzgibbon isn't going anywhere.

But I stand by my previous statment.

Hurriflatch

Referee
A number of points

1) Parramatta are operating under the salary cap this year (about 250K)
2) Lyon $250K, Dykes $300K will be released (550K)
3) Parramatta had a large number of players coming off contract including Hopkins, Pearson, Langi, Moimoi, M.Kaufusi, F.Petersen, Muspratt, Prince, Stapleton, Webster, Kativerata and Thorman even if on AVERAGE they earn 85K each thats is still over $1 million

550K +
= 800K

800K +
1 million
= $1.8 million dollars to spend.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Damn! That's not good for the Cowboys. :(

But good luck to Morrison, not that he's based in NSW he will probably make the rep sides that he should've been making for the last couple of years.

Big Kev

Juniors
mickdo said:
The 28-year-old Morrison last night inked a three-year deal, rejecting a desperate last-ditch bid from English side Bradford.

"I'm rapt to join Parramatta," said Morrison, a veteran of 173 first- grade games. "Bradford were very keen but there's a lot keeping me here.

"Apart from my family, I want to play 200 first-grade games and I still want to play Origin football, so hopefully Parra can give me more exposure.

"Brian (Smith) wants me on one side of the ruck and Nathan on the other, with both of us going for 80 minutes."

http://www.sundaytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,9353,10099225-28780,00.html

Where do Parramatta get all this money from to steal all our Knights Players? and offer silly money. Knights should have signed Morrison to Replace Kennedy - we are all saying we need good forwards, then we let BK go, now miss out on Morrison. Whats happening to the NRL's most consistent club for the past 8 seasons?

Hurriflatch

Referee
Big Kev: To answer your queston on where the money is going see the subject "Salary cap "parking" to be banned"

Big-Steve

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
I didnt know fitzgibbon was now at Parra :p But it is a great buy
I know about Stringer but im a little more concerned over Morrosin, i know who i would rather have t at my club.

Yep Morro would have given anything to be a Bear again but the combination of the injury and the NRL's non decision means he has to go for security and a club he can rely on will be around.

It was either that or do what Orford did and make a deal really early before his injury happened.

But I hope Parra are considering future juniors. I reckon that is what St George/Illawarra have done right.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Well some of the Eels better young players are getting signed up

Feleti Mateo was recently re-signed for 2 years
Tim Smith, Brett Anderson and Jack Afamasaga are all signed for 2005 but Parra are already looking to get them under contract for longer.

Big-Steve

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
Well some of the Eels better young players are getting signed up

Feleti Mateo was recently re-signed for 2 years
Tim Smith, Brett Anderson and Jack Afamasaga are all signed for 2005 but Parra are already looking to get them under contract for longer.

This is good in my opion. It's a test of a quality administration that can get the balance right. (I'm not sure that Parra have in the past).

Hurriflatch

Referee
Yeah, the number of juniors (both local and developed) that have passed through at the expense of a outsider brought in with minimal skill gain (and at times a loss) has been amazing.

finally, they seem to be getting it right.

Latest posts