What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mortimer.

TheParraboy

Staff member
No,Sterlo made the comment after Morts kicked across the field straight to the open side winger, who then proceeded to make easy yards and put the Dogs in a good attacking position.
Easily one of the worst kicks he has ever put in, and that is saying something.

But Robson did put in some shockers too.

Im pretty sure that was Robbo who kickeed it, went to turner in open space

Man people who even slightly defend Mortimer remind me of those days when losing by 40 wasn't a bad result because they tried hard.

theearly90ssucked.jpg

Man your probably a good dude who is certainly heaps more paitent then me. Props.

At the end of the day nobody wins. Mortimer plays badly , i tell you i told you so but then we still are left with a sh*t five eighth .

Eelementary

Post Whore
I see why people get frustrated with him - I do. And I understand why people bag him out - I agree that he has not shown a lot in his time in First Grade.

But honestly - I don't think he was that bad tonight. He wasn't great - don't get me wrong. But I feel Robson was the half hat let us down more - he was diabolically poor. He is usually a solid defender and missed several simple tackles; his kicking game was very erratic (he did get us a nice drop-out); and his running game, though it looked dangerous at times, was shelved.

I don't think Morts is the solution. I used to think he would succeed because of his heart - he never gives up and gives 100%. But I am honestly starting to doubt that now.

Eels Dude

Coach
I know you're being sarcastic, but I still feel he wasn't THAT bad.

We judge Morts too lightly after apalling 2010. Last year he was a 3/10 this yar he is a 5/10 and because of that he gets praise. He's still awful and not up to first grade standard.

It'l like if he has an average game as opposed to a poor game he deserves a rap.

Eelementary

Post Whore
We judge Morts too lightly after apalling 2010. Last year he was a 3/10 this yar he is a 5/10 and because of that he gets praise. He's still awful and not up to first grade standard.

It'l like if he has an average game as opposed to a poor game he deserves a rap.

Yeah, fair call.

yy_cheng

Coach
geez, I've been saying this since mid 2010 ! But everyone says, oh he's improving.

You've hit the nail on the head.

billy-girl

Juniors
I'd love to see Mortimer get the chance to play alongside a decent halfback, then it might be possible to judge whether he's any good. From what I can see, the games our forwards are dominating, Mortimer does more good than bad. Actually, make that the times our forwards are dominating, it doesn't happen for whole games :/

I've never been on the "Robson must go" bandwagon, but tonight I didn't hear the commentators say one good thing about him (I'm on the ABC radio commentary, god save me from Ch 9), and there was plenty of bad. Mortimer they did at least have some positive comments to make, particularly early in the game when we were on top and he had some time and room.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's brilliant. And he's certainly not the player to get us out of a hole. But it also sure as hell wasn't him who dug the hole tonight.

Snoochies

First Grade
Personally, bring in Murray and bleed him now. Murray will eventually be a 1st grade halfback somewhere in the NRL, and like most of our young halves, they end up excelling at another club. Robson is older and has shown his hand, this is all we'll get with him. Mortimer is still young enough to show some improvement. I'm happy to write the year off but blood someone like Murray now and build on something for the future. We keep wanting to look at older players or players off contract, lets blood someone we have now and stick with them. We don't want to let go of another half who ends up plying for another team then turns around and shows us up (Keating, Hodgko)

Ratchy

Juniors
Personally, bring in Murray and bleed him now. Murray will eventually be a 1st grade halfback somewhere in the NRL, and like most of our young halves, they end up excelling at another club. Robson is older and has shown his hand, this is all we'll get with him. Mortimer is still young enough to show some improvement. I'm happy to write the year off but blood someone like Murray now and build on something for the future. We keep wanting to look at older players or players off contract, lets blood someone we have now and stick with them. We don't want to let go of another half who ends up plying for another team then turns around and shows us up (Keating, Hodgko)

Totally agree with punting on Murray & do it for a few weeks, it's pretty obvious what Robson is dishing up at the moment is as good as it's gonna get.

Chipmunk

Coach
Totally agree with punting on Murray & do it for a few weeks, it's pretty obvious what Robson is dishing up at the moment is as good as it's gonna get.

Well Id keep getting use to the dribble that Robson (and Mortimer for that matter) continue to dish up, because if you listen to the ABC press conference neither of them are going to be dropped anytime soon...

Snoochies

First Grade
Well Id keep getting use to the dribble that Robson (and Mortimer for that matter) continue to dish up, because if you listen to the ABC press conference neither of them are going to be dropped anytime soon...

:(:crazy:#-o:fist::BDH:
^^^^^^^^^
I'm sad, I'm angry, doh, the rest speaks for itself.

strider

Post Whore
mortimer's break shows what he can do when he actually plays it as it comes ... he is so scared and premeditated the last 2 seasons that he's almost become useless

100yearsRL

Juniors
Bulldogs 34 - 14 , Keating 100 Mortimer 0, can't believe that I have to watch Mortimer each week like a scared little puppy in the pound, and then I watch Keating, finally getting a chance with a consistent approach, whoever made the decision to let him go should hang their head in shame.

Latest posts