What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moses Mbye

dungay dragon

Juniors
Perhaps Hook should come clean and let us all know what position he wants Mbye to fill
Seem to recall the main reason he wanted out of the Tigers was that he was sick n tired of being used as a Utility and or Off the bench
Most of the input on here has Mbye playing 14 ..
As akin to Hunt NOT moving to 9 , pretty certain Hook has a plan

I am hoping Mbye is a short term signing.

He could play anywhere from Full back to Hooker but I think he is most likely to play left centre.

Moses could complete for any number of first grade positions:

5/8
Full back
Left Centre

I don’t see him as a hooker.

We need to either sign or promote a first rate hooker asap as Macca is running on old legs and is largely responsible for our predictable attack. Rarely darts as he is too slow. Hence defences are virtually never in 2 minds.

thebigredv

First Grade
Quite frankly, given how poorly we've been going for so long I find this to be a very insulting signing.

The opposition will be shaking in their boots when the speed demon McCulloch comes off for a rest and we bring on old Moses. Or is he there to take Amone/Sullivan's spot?

Another convenient signing for a club lacking foresight or premiership hunger.

BBTB

Juniors
That could well be the case,if Amone works out at 5/8.
Come on Hook,give him a go.

I'm thinking you are right Coffs. I'm also thinking that Macca should do a Merrin.

Or someone gives Tonya Harding a call to sort it out permanently...

6e1fe0ab80315fcbec5e1ff90caa9cf8.jpg

KiamaSaint

Coach
Will we ever be able to emulate a team like this again:-

FB
WG
CE
CE
WG
7. Ben Hornby (c)​
HB
PR
HK
PR
11. Beau Scott
SR
12. Ben Creagh
SR
LF
Int.​
Int.​
16. Matt Prior
Int.​
Int.​
1. Unwanted by his club
2. Junior
3. Junior
4. Junior
5. Junior
6. Unwanted by his club
7. Junior
8. Unwanted by his club
9. Junior
10. Unwanted by his club
11. Great Recruitment
12. Junior
13. Great Recruitment

14. Unwanted by his club
15. Junior
16. Junior
17. Not sure of his status, but certainly underrated.

Vic Mackey

Referee
IMO Mbye should be our permanent No.9 in 2022
McCullough is like a tortoise & offers zero zip in attack.
Moses is quick, creative and a decent defender.
I wouldn’t waste him on the bench as we desperately need an injection of speed plus the young blokes deserve their chance next year.
Damian Cook adapted well from FB to a lightning quick dummy half. I tend to recall Hasler using Moses at hooker for the Dogs in the past. He’s a 9 for me!

My thoughts having watched him play multiple positions at my club for the past 3 and half years, 9 has been comfortably his worst position. He never runs, doesnt engage markers, doesnt kick, just simply shovels the ball on.

For me I would say he has performed best for us in the following order:

Centre
Fullback
5/8
Hooker

The way he plays probably best suits fullback. He has a real good pass, excellant support play and is quick when in a bit of space. However he is horrenddous under the high ball and positioning at the back is poor. Somehow his frontline defence when playing centre,5/8, hooker is great but terrible when at fullback.

This Year?

Immortal
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk