What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moses Mbye

possm

Coach
Apparantly, Moses Mbye is being chased by the Dragons for a mid season deal. I don't think we need this signing mainly because we have Sullivan and Amone waiting for their chance to shine in first grade. However, if they do want him as a utility for next season, then the only way I would go is to swap him for Norman for 2021 (straight swap) on trial for season 2022.

No change to our cap for this season and no deal for 2022 if he fails to perform.

NRL news 2021: Transfers, Moses Mbye, Dragons, Josh Dugan, rugby union, Sharks, Chris Sandow, comeback, Rabbitohs, Eels (foxsports.com.au)

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons trying to lure Tigers star mid-season
A rival NRL club is reportedly negotiating the immediate release of Tigers star Moses Mbye, but the talks have hit a sudden roadblock.

Mark St John
May 18, 202111:59am

The Dragons have launched a bid to lure unwanted Tigers star Moses Mbye to the club mid-season.

The former Tigers captain has been in limbo in recent weeks after confirmation the Tigers had granted permission for him to talk with rival clubs.

However, he was also promoted back to five-eighth last week ahead of the Tigers’ Magic Round win over the Knights.

The Sydney Morning Herald reported Mbye is keen to move on as soon as the right deal becomes available to him.

The 27-year-old is contracted until the end of the 2022 season, but is looking for a new opportunity after standing down form the captaincy and finding himself in and out of the Tigers side in different positions in recent times.

However the Dragons’ deal could be off the table if Mbye can’t join them immediately.

The Tigers are open to letting Mbye leave in 2022, but are unlikely to allow him to join a rival after their success against the Knights following the Origin star’s shift to the halves.

The Dragons approached Mbye earlier this month but wanted to wait until the Jack de Belin trial finished to work out how much money they had in their salary cap.

The Dragons see Mbye as a utility on the bench or as another option in the halves, while the Tigers would have to pay a considerable chunk of his $800,000 a season salary.

Negotiations recommenced last week but the win over the Knights with Mbye starring at five-eighth has thrown a spanner in the works.

Mbye has scored 25 tries in 145 games for the Bulldogs and Tigers since his debut in 2014 and has represented the Maroons in three Origins.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/d...n/news-story/a671c13d31aa7452bf12bdcf1d002356

This Year?

Immortal
CostlyDependableBuckeyebutterfly-max-1mb.gif

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I think it’s dead in the water now. We got our man Beale. I for one thought it was smart especially with McGuire suspended. He could fill in at hooker. He could cover 1 and once the injured players are back could provide pressure on Norman at 6.

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
Dragons trying to lure Tigers star mid-season
A rival NRL club is reportedly negotiating the immediate release of Tigers star Moses Mbye, but the talks have hit a sudden roadblock.

Mark St John
May 18, 202111:59am

The Dragons have launched a bid to lure unwanted Tigers star Moses Mbye to the club mid-season.

The former Tigers captain has been in limbo in recent weeks after confirmation the Tigers had granted permission for him to talk with rival clubs.

However, he was also promoted back to five-eighth last week ahead of the Tigers’ Magic Round win over the Knights.

The Sydney Morning Herald reported Mbye is keen to move on as soon as the right deal becomes available to him.

The 27-year-old is contracted until the end of the 2022 season, but is looking for a new opportunity after standing down form the captaincy and finding himself in and out of the Tigers side in different positions in recent times.

However the Dragons’ deal could be off the table if Mbye can’t join them immediately.

The Tigers are open to letting Mbye leave in 2022, but are unlikely to allow him to join a rival after their success against the Knights following the Origin star’s shift to the halves.

The Dragons approached Mbye earlier this month but wanted to wait until the Jack de Belin trial finished to work out how much money they had in their salary cap.

The Dragons see Mbye as a utility on the bench or as another option in the halves, while the Tigers would have to pay a considerable chunk of his $800,000 a season salary.

Negotiations recommenced last week but the win over the Knights with Mbye starring at five-eighth has thrown a spanner in the works.

Mbye has scored 25 tries in 145 games for the Bulldogs and Tigers since his debut in 2014 and has represented the Maroons in three Origins.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/d...n/news-story/a671c13d31aa7452bf12bdcf1d002356
Don't like the idea we need to make sure we have enough money left in the cap for next year and also not to take up a spot in our top thirty for next year we have some coin with norman coming of contract we need a couple of top grade forwards and trust our juniors in the backs.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Don't like the idea we need to make sure we have enough money left in the cap for next year and also not to take up a spot in our top thirty for next year we have some coin with norman coming of contract we need a couple of top grade forwards and trust our juniors in the backs.
agree, not needed

getsmarty

Immortal
'Ball Is In Your Court': Dragons Coach Anthony Griffin Responds To Recent Rumours

Liam O'Loughlin
6 hrs ago

St George Illawarra Dragons coach Anthony Griffin has left the ball in the Wests Tigers' court, with revelations coming this week the club were interested in Moses Mbye.

Mbye went public back in March about his discussions with the Tigers, with the two parties coming to a mutual agreement that he was free to look elswhere for 2022.

Still under contract for next year, the 27-year-old gained interest from the Red V due to his ability to play a plethora of positions.

Unfortunately for Griffin and the Dragons - who wanted him immediately - the Tigers appear to have 'gone cold' on the potential of letting Mbye leave early.

“That’s up to the Wests Tigers...they obviously offered him around a month or so ago," Griffin said on Thursday during a press conference.

"He’d had, as we understood, an opportunity to leave the club. He is a classy player, so we were interested. I think they’ve more gone cold on that. It’s probably a question for them.

“That’s something in the background that hasn’t been a major issue. It was when the Tigers and Moses himself made it publicly known he was free to leave, we had some interest.

"I think that has changed now."

Mbye has played 145 NRL games to date across stints with the Bulldogs and Tigers, but has failed to live up to his pricetag during his time at Concord.

Griffin said that while Mbye 'would have been good' this week due to a number of injuries and suspensions in the Dragons' lineup, he is confident they have the depth to cover it and get a win over Cronulla.

“We can build some depth with the players that need to come in," he said.

"We can build an attitude and continue to build an attitude. We’ve got a really good environment in this club at the moment, so we can learn from the lesson we got last weekend and move on.

“There’s a lot of things we’ve got to learn about ourselves positionally and emotionally over the next few weeks, and it will only make us a stronger club.

"A few guys get opportunities – Jaiyden Hunt is going to get his first opportunity off the bench. We’ll build some depth and get some people in positions we want to see them in.

"Our performance needs to be right up to the mark."

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/news/ball-is-in-your-court-dragons-coach-anthony-griffin-responds-to-recent-rumours/ar-AAKbiI9

FlameThrower

Bench
Seriously though. Rather pay overs for one or two that can win a game than perpetually go with the bargain buy.
Exactly, and I’m over this bargain buy scenario. If we don’t get a decent signing who actually wants to come to the Dragons, then it tells me we are just picking up players with no real options other than us. Meanwhile we have Dufty on the outer, our only true attacking player, but not even talking to him to extend his contract.

Illusion

Bench
Exactly, and I’m over this bargain buy scenario. If we don’t get a decent signing who actually wants to come to the Dragons, then it tells me we are just picking up players with no real options other than us. Meanwhile we have Dufty on the outer, our only true attacking player, but not even talking to him to extend his contract.
Big mistake if they dont sign Duff , surely he can be used somewhere if its not fullback .... I dont have a problem if he stays at fullback , but if not the way the game has quickened up , off the bench when players are gassed would be deadly ...... Just don't get it 99 percent of the attack is him , Doing Hunts and Normans jobs as well .....

Illusion

Bench
This .....

BBTB

Juniors
Big mistake if they dont sign Duff , surely he can be used somewhere if its not fullback .... I dont have a problem if he stays at fullback , but if not the way the game has quickened up , off the bench when players are gassed would be deadly ...... Just don't get it 99 percent of the attack is him , Doing Hunts and Normans jobs as well .....
Resign Dufty, as a winger. Teach him to tackle. Alan Langer style. (Grab the jumper, then use ur legs). Then Dufty might be worth a spot. Roving roll, off the wings...

Spazer

Juniors
Resign Dufty, as a winger. Teach him to tackle. Alan Langer style. (Grab the jumper, then use ur legs). Then Dufty might be worth a spot. Roving roll, off the wings...
Why, you're taking away one of his strengths in his cut-out pass if he's played on the wing. Play him fb where he should be.

Mjab

Juniors
He is a risk
maybe Watson and Nikorima may have been better
Watson likely go Sharks with old mate Fitzie there
Unlikley to now get Milford (maybe thats a good thing)

I hope he plays some time at hooker as we need some spark
He might fill that 14 spot better as can do a bit hooker and can play halves and backline
He hasnt been great at $900K tigers but I assume we r getting him much less than this
He was a very good player at dogs and is still young

He doesnt seem an apathetic player like Norman and will likely fill a role for us
Young halves are as yet unproved at NRL, may not be durable as Sullivan already has had a lot time injured, and despite the hype they sometimes dont progress as planned or get busted