What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most annoying cliches?

trev

Juniors
"Under my/their belt" :lol:

Rhys Wesser added to that once and said "Underneath my belt"... I've wondered how much stuff can actually fit under that belt, because some people say it alot.

Already been mentioned, but "out on their feet" really doesn't make sense to me. To actually be playing a game of footy, you need to use your feet anyway, so you'd have to be out on your feet when you run onto the field.

schnitzel

Juniors
I hate when they use players first names like they know them personally and add the Y
for example Reecy Wesser is a favourite of Daleys.

I also loathe when they call the 7 a 'little halfback'. Some of these guys are big enough to play in the frontrow!

m0j0

Bench
The one that's been p!ssing me off the last couple of seasons is the "for mine" comment.

"That's a try...for mine"
"He's in front of the kicker...for mine"
etc.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Stranger said:
Do you know what Second phase play is?:?

How can you have a problem with that? Thats like having a problem with someone calling it a hit-up?

Its annoying because Daley repeating it.

Its a bit like Freeman, everytime its the last tackle, Freeman always says "the halfback gotta take control here". We know that Freeman, thats the job of a halfback.

Sharkie™

Juniors
i hate it when they call a try a meat pie....f**k that pisses me off

"<insert name> crosses for his first meat pie"

dont know if u can classify it as a cliche but damn its annoying

Iafeta

Referee
"Outfit"

Laurie Daley uses the word outfit to describe a team or a club 10 times more than he'll see team or club.

"They're a Uuuuuge outfit this Warriors outfit"

Stranger

Coach
PARRA_FAN said:
Its annoying because Daley repeating it.

Its a bit like Freeman, everytime its the last tackle, Freeman always says "the halfback gotta take control here". We know that Freeman, thats the job of a halfback.

But second phase play is an actual play!

"the halfback gotta take control here" is a little bit different from Daley saying "the second phase play is confusing the defense"

Iafeta

Referee
Freeman's favourite pet play is "take it two wide to the edge of the ruck".

No matter what the game situation is

No wonder the Kiwis struggled under him.

Moffo

Referee
lol what a funny thread

another killer is the boys have trained all week for this one. when exactly don't they train, given they are professionals and all?

Latest posts