What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most boring/mundane NRL player sightings

Sgt. Kabukiman

Juniors
This is certainly not boring or mundane, but it is a story that I think about daily. After my wife left me for another woman several years ago, I decided to take a trip to Fiji to cheer myself up. I was looking forward to drinking cocktails and spending some quality time with a good book, but when I got there I was delighted to discover that the resort offered something even better; former Western Suburbs, St George, Hunter, Adelaide and North Queensland halfback Noel Goldthorpe. I've always admired Noel, and shouted him a few beers as we splashed around in the pool and discussed his sparkling career. I'm pleased to reveal that he's every bit as cheeky in real life as he was on the football field!

Noel was there for his birthday (he looks great for his age), so sadly his family and friends were pretty demanding on his time. But it was amazing how many times I "accidentally" bumped into him over the next week. We always seemed to have breakfast at just the same time, inevitably ended up in the pool or at the bar together, and - by sheer coincidence - I booked myself on several fishing trips that Noel was on. Funny how that works :wink: So I got plenty of opportunities to talk to Noel, and he's such a nice guy.

I managed to take a few photos with Noel, one of which I have framed in my kitchen, and got him to sign my Parra cap. In return I bought him a tribal mural for his birthday, which he seemed to really enjoy (he'd want to, it wasn't cheap!). The world would be a better place if there were more Noel Goldthorpes around.

Unfortunately, I had far too much to drink on my last night there and Noel had to pull me up for getting a bit too close to one of the female staff members. I don't blame him, he was in the right, but it put a strain on our burgeoning friendship that we never recovered from. I reckon that if I'd played my cards right, we'd be watching the grand final together tonight, but it wasn't to be. Noel's a class act on and off the field, and I'm just happy to say that he was part of my life for a few short, happy days.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Also saw Tugger Coleman coming out of the bar that is the closest to where you come out of ths station to the right.

HoLLuS

Juniors
Saw Mick Potter looking flustered hauling a suitcase up Powell St San Francisco last week.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
My best random NRL player spotting was a coach. Trent Robinson at San Francisco Caltrain station. Heading to Levi's Stadium to watch the 49ers play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2016. He was behind me at the ticket line with Travis Touma, who practically became an NRL player last weekend.

ram raid

Bench
Mine aren't that boring, not to me anyway. It's a thrill to see a RL player in the flesh.

Jamie Soward @ Vivid a few years back. People were standing around in the rain. There was whispering that 'Jamie Soward is here.' I started looking around. with the others. I spotted him, meters away, starring into his phone. Just at that moment, this other fellow who had evidently just heard the rumor that Jamie was around, yelled out "JAMIE SOWARD?? HE'S A f**kWIT!!'. Sowie didn't even take his eyes off of his phone. Total Zen.

Joey Johns: Walking over the stairs that go over the train tracks after you get off the ferry from Stockton. I didn't know who it was at first. I was just walking up the stairs behind this fit looking mofo with nice Nikes and impressive calves. When we got on top of the bridge he stopped and turned around and we looked right at each other. There was an uncomfortable 2 seconds as I realised who he was and he realised I realised who he was. I screamed in his face "8 IN A ROW!!!!" All that is true except for the last sentence.

I found Adam Reynolds' secret Squirt profile one night. We met up at the Erskineville dunnies for a nasty late night rendezvous. This is not true whatsoever.

Got on the piss with Beven French and his mates one night near Tamworth.

thorson1987

Coach
72141047_10156426048201820_6996417556709900288_n.jpg

At the Tag20 Rugby Nations Cup on the Gold Coast over the weekend.

He was there supporting his brother who was the coach of one of the New Zealand teams.

bazza

Immortal
The guy who plays the security guard in the new NRL 2020 add is a dad from my kid's school

kdalymc

Bench
Sat next to one of the Walters brothers on the plane to Emerald last night. Can't tell which ones which. And didn't ask..

horrie hastings

First Grade
Mine aren't that boring, not to me anyway. It's a thrill to see a RL player in the flesh.

Just at that moment, this other fellow who had evidently just heard the rumor that Jamie was around, yelled out "JAMIE SOWARD?? HE'S A f**kWIT!!

He got that right

Latest posts