What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most boring/mundane NRL player sightings

Panther79

Juniors
Seen two, Jimmy Maloney in a hotel elevator in his roosters days, I said whatsup Jimmy and he said hows it going. Bever Menzies in a suit in Sydney CBD, surprisingly no head gear,

A work mate saw Brad Clyde in a elevator in the Sydney CBD this week but didnt say anything to him. This guy is a life long raiders fan and still upset over the GF yet did not say booo to one of his idols. Sad...

bazza

Referee
Saw spud Carroll wheeling a trolley around in Sylvania today. Still looks like he could knock heads off without much hesitation
The last time I say Spud Carroll was about 10 years ago at a Southern Districts rugby union game
He was complaining that he had to pay a $10 entry fee

King hit

Coach
Celebrating New Year’s Eve morning at Coolangatta and Shane Flanagan walks past me and we say hi. Told him i was at the 2016 grand final.

Tiger5150

Bench
Not sure if this is the best place for this,

But in 2006 I was in a band and we had a gig at a pub in Lithgow. Weird place and weird gig. Was quiet early but late that night we drew a massive crowd and it was a good gig and the manager of the pub was really happy. During one of the breaks between sets the manager introduces all of the band to his mate. It was David Peachey. Peach had been there watching the local group Grand Final and he was blind drunk but I hasten to add, a nice guy and well behaved. At the time it didnt really strike me as strange because my memory was that Peachey had a lot of injuries that year and I assumed he was injured and out.

Gig finishes at 2am and the manager pours Peach into a cab (at Lithgow) and we all pack up and crash asleep at the pub. In the morning I wake up, drive back to Sydney, pick up my old man and go to Leichhardt to watch Tigers v Souffs. I am amazed when I open the Big League and see Peachey, D. next to the number 1. I say to my Dad there is no way Peachey is playing today and tell him what happened. Sure as hell Peachey runs onto the field.

Tigers win the game 52-18 but I have to say Peachey was the best player in a Souffs jersey.

Incorrect

Coach
Not sure if this is the best place for this,

But in 2006 I was in a band and we had a gig at a pub in Lithgow. Weird place and weird gig. Was quiet early but late that night we drew a massive crowd and it was a good gig and the manager of the pub was really happy. During one of the breaks between sets the manager introduces all of the band to his mate. It was David Peachey. Peach had been there watching the local group Grand Final and he was blind drunk but I hasten to add, a nice guy and well behaved. At the time it didnt really strike me as strange because my memory was that Peachey had a lot of injuries that year and I assumed he was injured and out.

Gig finishes at 2am and the manager pours Peach into a cab (at Lithgow) and we all pack up and crash asleep at the pub. In the morning I wake up, drive back to Sydney, pick up my old man and go to Leichhardt to watch Tigers v Souffs. I am amazed when I open the Big League and see Peachey, D. next to the number 1. I say to my Dad there is no way Peachey is playing today and tell him what happened. Sure as hell Peachey runs onto the field.

Tigers win the game 52-18 but I have to say Peachey was the best player in a Souffs jersey.
I think I've heard that story or one like it somewhere before.

Tiger5150

Bench
Yeah wtf that exact story has been posted here before

I have no doubt its probably me previously. Ive not been sure if I posted it previously because Ive always worried a little about being defamatory, but as I stress he was perfectly well behaved.

grouch

First Grade
Paul Vaughan with his wife and kid, at a Wiggles concert recently. The Wiggles not only spotted him, they name-checked him in a song! Gotta love the Wiggles.

billygilmore

Juniors
Seen James Maloney not long after Origin hanging around the panthers league club when I was down in Sydney for a work function, he was just cruising around beer in hand spending a couple of minutes with random people saying g’day

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Todd Carney buying Cold Rock at The Entrance a few days ago.

I was tempted to tell him they don’t stock piss flavour but thought better of it...I mean I am a merkin but I’m not that much of a merkin.

simmo05

Bench
Todd Carney buying Cold Rock at The Entrance a few days ago.

I was tempted to tell him they don’t stock piss flavour but thought better of it...I mean I am a merkin but I’m not that much of a merkin.
I got on the cans with him in townsville once, real good merkin

Sonny83

Juniors
Walked pass Jonathan Thurston in CBD outside a hotel during the this year NRL Finals promo. We locked eyes for 2s but being good nrl fan I didn't heckle/bother him.