1. Out Now:

The next edition of our exclusive weekly online e-magazine is here. The Front Row is your ideal guide to NRL Round 13 and Super League Round 8, with news, features, results, reports, teamlists, match stats and previews to accompany your weekend of footy viewing ahead.

This week's feature story is a history piece from Andrew Ferguson, with an insight into the life of the man who refereed the first NSWRFL first grade match in 1908 - Ted Hooper.

There's all the regular bits - the crossword and word jumbles, last week's wrap of results, reports, the ladder, stats leaders, match review and player of the year; plus your match program, with teamlists, player stats, head-to-head stats, match info and a full preview of every game of the NRL. There's also a detailed Super League program section.

EDITION 11 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Most boring/mundane NRL player sightings

Discussion in 'NRL' started by The Vaulting Violinist, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Panther79

Panther79 Juniors

Seen two, Jimmy Maloney in a hotel elevator in his roosters days, I said whatsup Jimmy and he said hows it going. Bever Menzies in a suit in Sydney CBD, surprisingly no head gear,

A work mate saw Brad Clyde in a elevator in the Sydney CBD this week but didnt say anything to him. This guy is a life long raiders fan and still upset over the GF yet did not say booo to one of his idols. Sad...

Reflector likes this.
  2. horrie hastings

horrie hastings Bench

Still a fit good looking dude. Just googled him to see how old he is , turns 50 in January.

axl rose likes this.
  3. Monday Roast

Monday Roast Juniors

Jarrod Saffy waiting in line at Chat Thai at Westfield Sydney the other night

4. The Vaulting Violinist

The Vaulting Violinist Bench

Saw spud Carroll wheeling a trolley around in Sylvania today. Still looks like he could knock heads off without much hesitation

5. bazza

bazza Referee

The last time I say Spud Carroll was about 10 years ago at a Southern Districts rugby union game
    He was complaining that he had to pay a $10 entry fee

6. PARRA_FAN

PARRA_FAN Coach

I wouldnt blame him for having to pay any money for that sort of game.

Incorrect likes this.
  7. King hit

King hit Coach

Celebrating New Year’s Eve morning at Coolangatta and Shane Flanagan walks past me and we say hi. Told him i was at the 2016 grand final.

8. Rabbit toes

Rabbit toes Bench

Shane Flanagan: me too.

roofromoz likes this.
  9. THE CHAMP

THE CHAMP First Grade

Saw Latrell Mitchell on tv the other day

10. Tiger5150

Tiger5150 Juniors

Not sure if this is the best place for this,

But in 2006 I was in a band and we had a gig at a pub in Lithgow. Weird place and weird gig. Was quiet early but late that night we drew a massive crowd and it was a good gig and the manager of the pub was really happy. During one of the breaks between sets the manager introduces all of the band to his mate. It was David Peachey. Peach had been there watching the local group Grand Final and he was blind drunk but I hasten to add, a nice guy and well behaved. At the time it didnt really strike me as strange because my memory was that Peachey had a lot of injuries that year and I assumed he was injured and out.

Gig finishes at 2am and the manager pours Peach into a cab (at Lithgow) and we all pack up and crash asleep at the pub. In the morning I wake up, drive back to Sydney, pick up my old man and go to Leichhardt to watch Tigers v Souffs. I am amazed when I open the Big League and see Peachey, D. next to the number 1. I say to my Dad there is no way Peachey is playing today and tell him what happened. Sure as hell Peachey runs onto the field.

Tigers win the game 52-18 but I have to say Peachey was the best player in a Souffs jersey.

11. Incorrect

Incorrect First Grade

I think I've heard that story or one like it somewhere before.

12. Tiger5150

Tiger5150 Juniors

Quite possible Ive told it before.

Incorrect likes this.
  13. kdalymc

kdalymc Bench

Yeah wtf that exact story has been posted here before

14. Tiger5150

Tiger5150 Juniors

I have no doubt its probably me previously. Ive not been sure if I posted it previously because Ive always worried a little about being defamatory, but as I stress he was perfectly well behaved.

15. grouch

grouch First Grade

Paul Vaughan with his wife and kid, at a Wiggles concert recently. The Wiggles not only spotted him, they name-checked him in a song! Gotta love the Wiggles.

footy75 and King hit like this.
  16. billygilmore

billygilmore Juniors

Seen James Maloney not long after Origin hanging around the panthers league club when I was down in Sydney for a work function, he was just cruising around beer in hand spending a couple of minutes with random people saying g’day

17. Lemon Squash

Lemon Squash First Grade

Todd Carney buying Cold Rock at The Entrance a few days ago.

I was tempted to tell him they don’t stock piss flavour but thought better of it...I mean I am a merkin but I’m not that much of a merkin.

18. simmo05

simmo05 Bench

I got on the cans with him in townsville once, real good merkin

Lemon Squash likes this.
  19. Sonny83

Sonny83 Juniors

Walked pass Jonathan Thurston in CBD outside a hotel during the this year NRL Finals promo. We locked eyes for 2s but being good nrl fan I didn't heckle/bother him.

simmo05 likes this.
  20. Cockadoodledoo

Cockadoodledoo Bench

I am sitting next to John Hopoate at the Qantas business lounge in Sydney.