What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most disappointing player for each club

bluesbreaker

Bench
The Business said:
There's not much a centre can do without good ball.

... Except Kurt Gidley spent the whole year as either a 5/8th or a halfback, so that has no relavance whatsoever.

I'm not debating he'd make a better centre than half, but at half, he was our most disappointing player by miles this year.

Perry is just crap.

# 8

Juniors
balmainbenny said:
North Qld : Michael Luck
f**k Luck was playing great football until he got injured, how could he be disappointing?
From the Cowboys, I would say Jaiman Lowe

Ray

Juniors
The Business said:
NZ: No's 1-17

Didn't watch any of the Warriors this season did you? ;-)

Ropati impressed, while Louis Anderson and Iafeta Palea'aesina were impressive. Vinnie Anderson was solid and definitely didn't disappoint this season. Brent Webb was a standout at the Warriors as well.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Monaghan in more than one way

1. His form since signing with the chooks, pathetic to say the least
2. Lying to fans, saying he would be signing the next day only to put it off. Then sign with the chooks
3. the way he just didnt look like he cared when he was playing, his mind was clearly at Bondi

which is a shame cause he has enormus potential

The Business

Juniors
Ray said:
The Business said:
NZ: No's 1-17

Didn't watch any of the Warriors this season did you? ;-)

Ropati impressed, while Louis Anderson and Iafeta Palea'aesina were impressive. Vinnie Anderson was solid and definitely didn't disappoint this season. Brent Webb was a standout at the Warriors as well.
I couldn't name one player at the Warriors that didn't disappoint.

The Business

Juniors
Ray said:
Then don't comment on something you don't know then. Sounds simple enough to be.
That was my comment. The fact that every player was disappointing. I know that for certain. A team stacked with internationals ran 14th.

Ray

Juniors
Every player was disappointing?

Louis Anderson and Jerome Ropati were not disappointing. They were very impressive. And they aren't internationals either.

Ray

Juniors
And about the Warriors being stacked with "internationals".

Only Webb is a definite starter in the Kiwis. And most of the team are not current internationals.

Red Bear

Referee
Fletcher was good while on the field for the bunnies, and both macdougals were great while on the field(Luke Macdougal is awesome).

The Business

Juniors
Ray said:
And about the Warriors being stacked with "internationals".

Only Webb is a definite starter in the Kiwis. And most of the team are not current internationals.
During the season the Warriors had:

Meli, Fa'Fili, Toopi, Hohaia, Jones, Faumina, Guttenbeil, Latu, Seu Seu and V Anderson. I'm sure there were others.

Booyah

Bench
For Cronulla I know people think Vagana had a bit of a shocker, but he went quite well once his got used to playing with and without Kimmorley.

For mine though, the most disappointing player for Cronulla was easily Phil Bailey. The bloke played Origin and Test footy and I was hoping some of the work ethic and attitude of the likes of Lockyer and Webcke or Fitzgibbon to have rubbed off onto him.

It didn't.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Kris_man said:
Penrith : Rhys Wesser - what happened to the one-try-per-game?

We stumbled onto a bloke called Amos Roberts who stole Wesser's quality ball time! :p

I don't agree that Wesser was disappointing. Sure he had some disappointing moments but then so did a whole heap of other players ... but they were only moments not for a whole season.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Roosters: Justin Hodges. Went AWOL
Bulldogs: Ben Harris. Nothing like his former self
Brisbane: Brent Tate. Even Broncos' fans don't rate him so much nowadays
Panthers: The Hair Bears. Too many injuries.
Dragons: Firman. Went from superstar in the making to sideline superstar
Storm: Rodney Howe. Every year I expect better from him
Cowboys: None
Raiders: Schifcofske. Nothing like the man who pushed for Origin last year

Wests: Benji Marshal. Too many injuries
Knights: Josh Perry/Andrew Johns. One's soft, the other's never on deck.
Sharks: Vagana. Can't recapture his Bulldogs' brilliance
Eels: Dykes. Nothing
Sea Eagles: Hoppa. Gone AWOL again. Closely followed by Walks' end of season shenanigans.
Warriors: Entire team except the Andersons and Luaki
Souths: All but Joe Williams and Ashley Harrison

brenno

Juniors
chriswalkerbush said:
Roosters: Justin Hodges. Went AWOL
Bulldogs: Ben Harris. Nothing like his former self
Brisbane: Brent Tate. Even Broncos' fans don't rate him so much nowadays
Panthers: The Hair Bears. Too many injuries.
Dragons: Firman. Went from superstar in the making to sideline superstar
Storm: Rodney Howe. Every year I expect better from him
Cowboys: None
Raiders: Schifcofske. Nothing like the man who pushed for Origin last year

Wests: Benji Marshal. Too many injuries
Knights: Josh Perry/Andrew Johns. One's soft, the other's never on deck.
Sharks: Vagana. Can't recapture his Bulldogs' brilliance
Eels: Dykes. Nothing
Sea Eagles: Hoppa. Gone AWOL again. Closely followed by Walks' end of season shenanigans.
Warriors: Entire team except the Andersons and Luaki
Souths: All but Joe Williams and Ashley Harrison

You obviously don't watch many canberra games. Without schif this year the Raiders would be battling for the wooden spoon. He's the safest fullback in the nrl. Judas monaghan was the raiders worst. Closely followed by mclinden. To be fair to Brent Tate his career was in jeopardy at the start of the year, he did well to play this season with that shoulder. Brad Meyers easily the broncs worst...

Bob

Juniors
From the Panthers it has to be Girdler. During the later part of the season he didn't want to be there and played accordingly