What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

most embarrassing gig you've attended

carcharias

Immortal
Just noticing in another thread some truly awful artist's people have seen.

I have (as I said) seen "Right said Fred" .
My sister used to work at Aus wonderland and would give me free tickets.

They played/mimed 3 songs..."I'm too sexy" , some other crap and then they did an encore..."I'm too sexy"...again.

I also saw Alanis Morriset...I don't know if she was embarrassing or just shytful.

I will also admit to seeing Ratcat on more than one occasion.

Paullyboy

Coach
I am thankful to have not seen anyone really embarrassing, mainly because when I was at school I never went to many live gigs.

I did see Rancid, thats the most embarrassing one for me.

Red Bear

Referee
Man i'd loveto see Rancid.
Watching the Spazzies was embarrasing, but they were a support band.

LESStar58

Referee
GoTheBears said:
Man i'd loveto see Rancid.
Watching the Spazzies was embarrasing, but they were a support band.

Keep your eyes open! Rancid are supposed to be on the road again soon!

I can't say I've been to an embarassing gig. Story Of the Year was pretty sh*t. I went for Flogging Molly and all these emo kids were doing theeir makeup in the boys toilets.

LESStar58

Referee
les norton said:
LIke i admited in the other thread...

- east 17
- Peter Andre

I feel physically ill.

So....you feel physocally ill admitting to seeing East 17 and Peter Andre....yet you have Robbie Williams in your avataR?

How does that work! Williams is a bigger bint than those 2 bands combined!

Red Bear

Referee
parra_panther said:
Lash, who were supports to The Living End tour back in 2001.
lol, i only saw the last 3 songs of them, they were f**ken terrible. Living Endand Area7 were both damn good at theRoundhousethat day.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Bee Gees i think in the year 2000

I only went because they're was a spare ticket, and my dad my uncle are hilarious on the piss.

I had a great night though, an i grew a respect for the band after.

curry.

Juniors
iseen tool lol

and when guns n roses went to england in 92 i was there. a guy was leaving and gave me the tickets co he broke up with his girl or something and i just walked in, i had nothing to do i was 18. they were backstage passes and i went to the dressing room, but left ten minutes later when i ralised how ridiculous i was being.

Skeletor

Juniors
When Audioslave came to Melbourne in support of their first album, their support band was sh*thouse, I don't remember their name, but they were terrible.

Rexxy

Coach
Bazal said:
The Spazzies, supporting Grinspoon. Cringeworthy...

Got to love the Spazzy's.

SIGNING #3: SPAZZYS/FUR GET A SHOCK

Aussie punk trio The Spazzys and their label Fur renewed and extended their licensing deal with Shock Records. The band is currently in LA recording with Charles Fisher (Hoodoo Gurus, Radio Birdman). They played the Viper Room and LA Musexpo, and teamed with Motorhead's Lemmy to trash a record company executive's hotel room.

www.themusic.com.au

Southernsaint

Staff member
Oasis in the late 90's at the EntCent were embarrasing. Poor sound, indifferent attitude - just a complete pile of sh*t, basically.

Seen them a few times since and they've been excellent.