What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

most embarrassing gig you've attended

Rexxy

Coach
Paul Young at the Entertainment Centre. Just as he launched into his lam-o version of Love Will Tear Us Apart, there was a complete power failure and we all had to file outside.

Ian Curtis looking down had said, "enough is enough".

Southernsaint said:
Oasis in the late 90's at the EntCent were embarrasing. Poor sound, indifferent attitude - just a complete pile of sh*t, basically.

Seen them a few times since and they've been excellent.

Mong

Post Whore
Chocolate starfish in the 90's at a club in Gladstone QLD

Chantoozies at a club in Cairns rate an honorable mention...

Dani

Immortal
I went to the Backstreet Boys earlier this year, but i had the time of my life.
Others may find it embarrassing!

sydraider

First Grade
Rod stewart, was back in 91 I think at the ent centre, free ticket, I was tricked into it. Watched about 4 songs then walked out and went to the old pumphouse and got smashed on thunderbolts!

Southernsaint

Staff member
Rexxy said:
Paul Young at the Entertainment Centre. Just as he launched into his lam-o version of Love Will Tear Us Apart, there was a complete power failure and we all had to file outside.

Ian Curtis looking down had said, "enough is enough".

Sounds like something Mike Flowers Pop would do...

les norton

First Grade
LESStar58 said:
So....you feel physocally ill admitting to seeing East 17 and Peter Andre....yet you have Robbie Williams in your avataR?

How does that work! Williams is a bigger bint than those 2 bands combined!

You dear sir....are an idiot.

There was a band who supported Nikki Six from Motley Crue's new band "brides of destruction". I can't remember what they were called, but people were laughing at them and throwing stuff on stage.

At the end of the gig the siger says to everyone " I know we suck".

It was only a small venue - the gaelic club in Surry hills. After they played I went for a piss and the bass player was in the toilets crying his eyes out!! LOL. funniest thing Ive ever seen.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
waltzing Meninga said:
There was a band who supported Nikki Six from Motley Crue's new band "brides of destruction". I can't remember what they were called, but people were laughing at them and throwing stuff on stage.

It was only a small venue - the gaelic club in Surry hills. After they played I went for a piss and the bass player was in the toilets crying his eyes out!! LOL. funniest thing Ive ever seen.

That's most likely the Hell City Glamours.

sydraider

First Grade
waltzing Meninga said:

:lol: I was at that gig! Damn they sucked :lol:

birdsteeth

Juniors
I too saw Ratcat on the same bill as The Screaming Jets and Baby Animals and I can attest to how God-awful they were. The most embarrasing gig I ever saw was at Charles Sturt Uni Bathurst. The band was called Riff - Raff and they had no business playing in public.