What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Hated Players vs Most Loved Players

Red Bear

Referee
Kris_man said:
PK - give redVgirl a f***ing break! these forums are so choc-full of slandering that they're basically the slander forums, not the NRL forums, yet you pick out redVgirl as the scapegoat and bully her about something which 90% of people on these forums are guilty of. like she said, why is she made the scapegoat, because her comments are based on real life experience??
I bet you were one of the people giving the roosters shit all the time? If your not then good on you, i agree with what you are saying.

SirShire

First Grade
Hate:
Johns
St George Illawarra
Sydney Roosters
Tyran Smith
Danny Buderus
C Walker
j Hodges
Anasta

Like:
Sharkies
Glenn Morrisson
Trav Norton
Ruben Wiki
Mason and Pricey
Webcke
Tallis
Lockyer
Dykes
Rauhih

strong_latte

Juniors
Hate:
Darren Lockyer (his rapists joke showed how dumb he is)
All the Bulldogs (exept Steve Price and Hazem El Masri)
Willy Mason (I know he comes underdogs, but he's just such a nob!)
Tonnie Carrol
Phil Gould (I'm prepared to admit he's a prick)
The Super League commentators (Harder to understand than the great Freddy Fittler in a post match interview!)

Like:
All the Roosters (exept Hodges)
Hazem El Masri (Probably the only dogs player I actually like)
Andrew Johns (just so impressive)
Ryan Girdler
Lote Tuqiri (I know he's in Union now, but he's just such a stella performer!)
Brett Finch (he's been solid all year)

redVgirl

Juniors
Kris_man said:
PK - give redVgirl a f***ing break! these forums are so choc-full of slandering that they're basically the slander forums, not the NRL forums, yet you pick out redVgirl as the scapegoat and bully her about something which 90% of people on these forums are guilty of. like she said, why is she made the scapegoat, because her comments are based on real life experience??

thanks dude! ;-)

i understand what PK is trying to say though. i think everyone is extra sensitive after the whole coffs bulldogs scandal. however - i think alot of league fans think because the players are flawless on the field, it makes them heroes off the field. which anyone with common sense knows is totally false.

i love rugby league and i dont like it when people say things like 'all footy players are sleazy bastards' (which i hear alot)....of course they arent! and i always defend them. however after more than my share of some seriously icky experiences i know that ALOT of players can be very dodgy/sleazy after a few drinks. this doesnt make them bad evil people or whatever....but lets not pretend they are perfect little angelic boys.

PK i dont think i have a responsiblity to not talk about experiences ive had in case it 'brings the game into disrepute'. i love this game more than anything but i dont see why i have to pretend the players are angels?? thats just being deluded. being a footy fan doesnt mean you sign on to keep secrets in order to protect the game above everything else. this isnt ASIO protecting australia for godsakes ;-)

of course the players should be allowed to behave like every other normal young horny guy. in some ways its not fair that they are scrutinised for behaviour that alot of guys partake in. but the reality is they are being paid a hell of alot playing professional sport, and they need to realise their behaviour has consequences....people talk! i dont like the insinuation that is people like me bringing the game into disrespute, shouldnt the responsibility be on the PLAYERS who are actually behaving this way? how is it my fault?

anyway look. im very much one of the boys and im not some sensitive little prissy girl who gets offended at the slightest sleazy comment. most of my experiences i have seen the humour in, thats why im able to still love the game so much. i didnt mean to get myself into some weird forum dispute and im honestly sorry if i upset or offended anyone. just wanted to clarify a few things so you understand where im coming from okay? :D

anyway, back to the lists!

Kris_man

Bench
GoTheBears said:
Kris_man said:
I bet you were one of the people giving the roosters sh*t all the time? If your not then good on you, i agree with what you are saying.

then looks like your with me, 'cos i haven't paid the Roosters out once.

Rise Against

Dislike:
Anthony Minichello
Chris Walker
Justin Hodges
Michael Crocker
Adrian Morley
Danny Williams
Brett Kimmorley
Nigel Vagana
Andrew Johns
Paul Vautin
Darren Lockyer
Shaun Berrigan
Mark Riddell
Jason Ryles
Brett Finch

Ryan Girdler
Luke Priddis
Ruben Wiki
Robbie Kearns
Gordon Tallis
Trent Barrett
Matt Orford
Paul Rauhihi
Matt Bowen
Travis Norton

lockyno1

Post Whore
Hate

Buderus
Any Warriors player (except Aussies)
Ricketson
Fittler
Phil Gould
Minichello
Mason
ElMasri

Lockyer
Cameron Smith
Michael Crocker (nothing wrong with a bit of biff!!)
The Sharks Cheerleeders (well theres one good thing about the Sharks)
Billy Slater
Matt Bowen
Luke MacDougall

simostorm

Bench
GoTheBears said:
To the person who asked why so many people dont like Slater?
Cos he's an over rated tool. That origin try was good and so are a few of his tries but he tackles like a 3 year old girl(similar to karmichael hunt). I'm basically sick of so many people getting great raps for there attack yet they arent great players. Great players are good at all aspects of the game. Fittler, Johns, sterlo etc didnt miss many tackles at all did they?

To whoever wrote anti Souths garbage, give yourself an uppercut. I like your club(roosters) but for gods sake what did Souths do to you? I hope they are in the comp for along time, bring a bit of tradition back in the game(something missing since SL and the heist on foundation clubs). Plus they will improve over the next few seasons with Richardson and McCrae.

JW, what is your problem with Ashley Harrison n Fletcher? Alot of players i like but others hate i can see why they mightn't like em but these two i dont understand. They are just good honest players putting in for a struglling club(Harrison would play for Australia if he was in a top 8 team).. Still, feel free to enlighten me, its your opinion after all.

And to all C Walker fans, you are gooses!!! :p

Pull your dick in!
You say Billy slaters over rated then you dribble shit that Ashley Harrison should be playing for Australia.
Billys Stats:
H/U-13.4......Tack-7.1.....Metrs-132.9....misstack-2.5....14 trys from 22 ap.
Excellent Stats for the best fullback in the competition.

Red Bear

Referee
Kris_man said:
GoTheBears said:
Kris_man said:
I bet you were one of the people giving the roosters sh*t all the time? If your not then good on you, i agree with what you are saying.

then looks like your with me, 'cos i haven't paid the Roosters out once.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Red Bear

Referee
Nah Slater has nothing on Minichello, Hodgson, Bowen, Schifoske, Hornby, Patten, hell even McKinnon.

Dani

Immortal
im still un-decided on willie mason, he seems like such a tool, and the only time i met him he was a prick, but then he goes and gives his man of the match money to charity.

i like pretty much all the players except:
kimmorley (as do most storm fans)
chris walker
crocker
hodges

and probably a few more i cant think of

but the two nicest guys i have ever me are steve price and robbie kearns, both really seem like the have the time of day for any fan

*Sandy*

First Grade
Kris man if you think I am bullying then you live a very sheltered life. This has nothing to do with you.

RedV - you are contradicting yourself - on one hand you say you understand the sensitiveness of slandering players but on the other hand you are willing to share your less than enjoyable experiences with players to bring down their reputation. I agreed with someone else in expressing my desire of not hearing it - you could have left it at that.

Kris_man

Bench
PK said:
Kris man if you think I am bullying then you live a very sheltered life. This has nothing to do with you.

RedV - you are contradicting yourself - on one hand you say you understand the sensitiveness of slandering players but on the other hand you are willing to share your less than enjoyable experiences with players to bring down their reputation. I agreed with someone else in expressing my desire of not hearing it - you could have left it at that.
time has come for you to "leave it at that". you're the one who needs to get out more if you're getting all worked up about what someone on the forums says about someone who has no relation to you whatsoever. (unless you're michael witt's sister/brother, in which case i apologise)