What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Improved Player of The Year

Noa

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
Ryan Hoffman IMO.
Cronk very close 2nd.
Tongue 3rd

I would say the same thing. Ryans gone from an inconsistent, first grader to being on the verge of playing for Oz whereas Coopers just got his chance and grabbed it (biggest suprise maybe) and I'd put Greg Bird over Tongue (he's been doing that for a couple of years now).

Big Pete

Referee
Tame Tupou for the Broncos, was considering of labelling him a nuffie now he's becoming a strike weapon.

Overall I'd say Cronk.

Nutzcraw

Juniors
Storm - Ryan Hoffman
Bulldogs - Daniel Holdsworth
Manly - Travis Burns
Parramatta - Luke O'dwyer
Broncos - Justin Hodges
Newcastle - Jarred Mullen
Dragons - Dean Young
Canberra - Phil Graham
Cronulla - Brett Carney (sorry might have his name wrong)
Penrith - Danny Galea
Cowboys - Jacob Lillyman
Warriors - Grant Rovelli
Roosters - Josh Lewis
Tigers - Dean Collis
Souths - Peter Cusack

Standout for me: Ryan Hoffman, he's turned around 10 fold this year... a real good player

I can't pick merritt... for me i think anyone can get on the end of a few peachey grubbers and score a try or two

Stonecutter

First Grade
Nutzcraw said:
Storm - Ryan Hoffman
Bulldogs - Daniel Holdsworth
Manly - Travis Burns
Parramatta - Luke O'dwyer
Broncos - Justin Hodges
Newcastle - Jarred Mullen
Dragons - Dean Young
Canberra - Phil Graham
Cronulla - Brett Carney (sorry might have his name wrong)
Penrith - Danny Galea
Cowboys - Jacob Lillyman
Warriors - Grant Rovelli
Roosters - Josh Lewis
Tigers - Dean Collis
Souths - Peter Cusack

Standout for me: Ryan Hoffman, he's turned around 10 fold this year... a real good player

I can't pick merritt... for me i think anyway can get on the end of a few peachey grubbers and score a try or two

Brett Kearney :)

BWNB

First Grade
Brett Kearney has gone from Rabbits trash to Sharks first grader, Greg bird has improved as has Grant Riveloi

Timbo

Staff member
Adam Mogg and Alan Tongue for us, IMO.

I was a fan of giving the captaincy to Lincoln Withers next year with Schif leaving us, now I'd go for Tongue.

Mayor West

Juniors
Got to be Cooper Cronk...I had my doubts about him but boy hes been great.
Holdsworth,Hodges,and Burns are all up there to.

Bazal

Post Whore
Just from Parramatta, Luke O'Dwyer has been a revelation this year, was previously a solid fringe lock player and is now a truly dangerous centre. luke Burt has improved markedly as well, but he has done this before and then never made anything of it. And Eric Grothe has improved considerably as well, I know that many people may not see it but I for one no longer have a heart attack every second Grothe touch.

Overall I'd have to say Cooper Cronk...

Why Judge my biasness towards merritt, he has clearly improved, and he would be a strong candidate

youngsters, like todd carney, holdsworth, burns etc, cant be eligible, because they only just debuted this year, of course they would have improved from being in PL to be promoted to first grade

this is compared to last year, not the last weeks or months of this year

Luke O'Donnel and brent webb, also deserves a mention
-------------------------------------
Raiders: Adam Mogg (Hands Down)
Souths: Nathan Merritt (Hands Down)
Knights: George Carmont
Roosters: Anthony Tupou
Broncos: Justin Hodges
Storm: Dallas Johnson
Penrith: Frank Pritchard (has been more consistent than last year)
Manly: Steven Bell (Hands Down)
Eels: John Morris
Bulldogs: Nate Myles or Luke Patten
Sharks: Brett Kearney (Hands Down)
Dragons: Matt Head
Cowboys: Steve Southern
Tigers: Bronson Harrison
Warriors: Brent Webb
----------------------
imo the teams that i havent labelled hands down, could be contested by another player in the team

but that is my opinion

c_eagle

Juniors
How the heck have Johnson, Tupou, Bell, Head and Southern been most improved for their clubs?

Southern was dropped halfway through the year, Bell's been just as good as he was at Melbourne, Tupou hasn't been any better than last year and the same goes with Johnson. As for Head, he's been considerably worse.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Rabbitohs2005 said:
Raiders: Adam Mogg (Hands Down)
Souths: Nathan Merritt (Hands Down)
Knights: George Carmont
Roosters: Anthony Tupou
Broncos: Justin Hodges
Storm: Dallas Johnson
Penrith: Frank Pritchard (has been more consistent than last year)
Manly: Steven Bell (Hands Down)
Eels: John Morris
Bulldogs: Nate Myles or Luke Patten
Sharks: Brett Kearney (Hands Down)
Dragons: Matt Head
Cowboys: Steve Southern
Tigers: Bronson Harrison
Warriors: Brent Webb
----------------------

You have got to be joking.

yobbo84

Coach
As weird is this may sound... Luke Patten. He seemed to have lost it over the past couple of years (esp. last year), but he really has been in great form this season.

Paullyboy

Coach
Rabbitohs2005 your judgement is appalling. Im guessing you got your name because you started watching rugby league at the end of 2005?

How has Steve Southern or Luke O'Donnell improved? Southern has taken a big step backwards with his refusal to take hitups this season and O'Donnell has been a shadow of his 04/05 form.

Bronson Harrison - has he played more than 4 or 5 games this year? Last year he was a kiwi rep (even though that was a joke as well).

Steve Bell hasn't improved. He has always had a great try-scoring ability, its just this year he finally was given his QLD jersey he deserved in the Bennett/Hagan years.

(Oh and Holdsworth and Todd Carney did not debut this year)

Latest posts