What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Improved Player of The Year

miccle

Bench
Those who are saying Hodges for Brisbane obviously didn't watch one Broncos game in 2005.. he has been ripping it up for the past eighteen months without fail.

For the Broncos, quite honestly I believe Sam Thaiday - fringe first grader who never really took his chances this time last year. Origin player now.

mxlegend99

Referee
Storm - Cooper Cronk
Bulldogs - Luke Patten
Sea Eagles - Travis Burns
Eels - Luke Burt
Broncos - Karmichael Hunt (pre-injury)
Knights - Jarrod Mullen
Dragons - Ben Hornby
Raiders - Adam Mogg
Sharks - Brett Kearney
Panthers - Paul Aiton
Cowboys - ??? Everyone is getting worse.
Warriors - Grant Rovelli
Roosters - Shaun Foley
Tigers - Shannon McDonnell
Souths - Nathan Merritt

Paullyboy

Coach
Did he like liking those like line breaks? Like thats so totally like great! Like!

Stop it! No, you stop it! Oh this is totally like not on!

V1er

Juniors
Steve Turner would also be up there, he's been outstanding for the storm this year.

Paullyboy

Coach
That's true. I keep thinking to myself that he'll fall off the radar when they have their full strength backline - but he just keeps performing.

skeepe

Immortal
I'm certain I'll cop it from other Raiders fans for this, but I'm going to nominate David Howell as one of our most improved. He has really stepped up big time this year, so much so that at full strength he would be one of the first I pick.

Compare that to last season when on form he probably shouldn't have made even the PL starting side.

Paullyboy

Coach
I dont necessarily agree with the 1st pick part, but he actually has improved in the past month or so - and considering how awful he has played at times I suppose that's fair enough.

Big Pete

Referee
miccle said:
Those who are saying Hodges for Brisbane obviously didn't watch one Broncos game in 2005.. he has been ripping it up for the past eighteen months without fail.

For the Broncos, quite honestly I believe Sam Thaiday - fringe first grader who never really took his chances this time last year. Origin player now.

I disagree.

His performance in late 2005 is basically the same he's been doing this year. It's just now everyone notices.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
Jarrad Hayne......Before he started the only people that knew about him were parra supporters....by competition end he will be one of the most feard wingers in the comp!

Paullyboy said:
Did he like liking those like line breaks? Like thats so totally like great! Like!

Stop it! No, you stop it! Oh this is totally like not on!

:lol: oops probley shouldnt have added so many like to my sentence

Paullyboy

Coach
Sorry mate, couldn't help myself.

As for Hayne. He has scored a lot of tries, but I dont really think he is much of a player yet - he's just been in the right place at the right time a lot.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
lol....yeah and all those try saving tackles and kick defusements are nothing!! all at 18....hmmm not bad hey!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
FOr everyone saying Rovelli for the Warriorws, do you guys realise that he hadn't even played first grade until this year? I was under the impression this thread was about most improved first graders, in which case for the Warriors it would have to be either Evarn Tuimavave or Simon Mannering.

Raider_69

Post Whore
skeepe said:
I'm certain I'll cop it from other Raiders fans for this, but I'm going to nominate David Howell as one of our most improved. He has really stepped up big time this year, so much so that at full strength he would be one of the first I pick.

Compare that to last season when on form he probably shouldn't have made even the PL starting side.

cant fault him since returning from injury, before that he was his regular woeful self, here's hoping he has turned the corner, we'll need him to be playing like this next year, our backs are struggling for ability tbh

Red Bear

Referee
Iafeta said:
For us, Evarn Tuimavave and Simon Mannering.

Tuimavave could barely make first grade last year, this year he's played in all but one games - when Wiki has gone out of the team, IMO the team has gone better with Tuimavave in his place. When Price was out for three Origin matches, the Warriors won all three with Tuimavave a shining light.

Mannering was really raw last year, this year he's been very difficult to bring down out wide. Gets through a tonne of work hitting the ball up and is defensively very sound.

Both are bolters for the Kiwis tour.
the kiwi tour of New Zealand? LOL

Latest posts