What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Memorable Bret Hart Moment.

thuganomics

Coach
I have decided to make a little segment when I ask you to write down you most memorable moment of that Wrestler.
The first wrestler will be Bret Hart.

Even though it was probably his lowest moment, I would have to say the Montreal Screw Job.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
DEFINATELY Montreal but memorable for other reasons. His fued against Owen hart was one of the best of all time.

Raider_69

Post Whore
sadly when people think Bret Hart they think Montreal screw job
but another his most memorable moment outside that was the feud leading up to that - the HBK V Hart fued was classic, especially the iron man match :clap:

nz_novocastrian

Juniors
gah i hate vince for that :evil:

I liked hart winning the wwe title at wrestle mania ?? (don't know which one). He had lost to Owen earlier in the night and came back to beat Yokuzuna for the title! :clap:

BigSteveo

Juniors
I would have to say Montreal. That incident, like it or not, is the biggest thing to happen to him

Martli

Coach
nz_novocastrian said:
gah i hate vince for that :evil:

I liked hart winning the wwe title at wrestle mania ?? (don't know which one). He had lost to Owen earlier in the night and came back to beat Yokuzuna for the title! :clap:

Yup, that's my favourite too.

Mr Saab

Referee
member of the hart foundation with jim the anvil neidhardt with Jimmy HArt as manager. Great tag team

Raider_69

Post Whore
in brets home town he had a match with Shawn Micheals for the WWF title
he had signed with WCW earlier and was on his way there in a week, he said he didnt want to drop the title in his home town but said he would drop in the next night on Raw to Micheals before leaving for WCW

But vince knowning that if he keep the title he could then go on Nitro with the title which would be an embarassment to his company, arranged with Earl Hebner to fast count (or was it a submission?) Brett at the appropriate time, giving the title to Shawn without Bret knowing

Bret got pissed, and reports say Bret punched Vince in the face... its now know as the montreal screw job

Martli

Coach
It was a submission. The plan [well, what they told bret] was for Shawn to get Bret in the Sharpshooter and then for Bret to reverse it and win the match but vince got Earl Hebner to call it a submission before Bret reversed it, Shawn was in on it too.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Martli said:
It was a submission. The plan [well, what they told bret] was for Shawn to get Bret in the Sharpshooter and then for Bret to reverse it and win the match but vince got Earl Hebner to call it a submission before Bret reversed it, Shawn was in on it too.

yea thats right

Broncodroid

Juniors
Ok, this is a trip down memory lane where the world was a better place and Wrestling was "REAL !" :lol: to a 12 y.o. kid.

1. The Hart Foundation (Brett & The Anvil) vs Demolition: It was Summerslam 90' from memory, or perhaps 92 (some WWE stat man may wanna' check that) when the Hart Foundation took on Demolition (perhaps the best Tag Team All time at that stage) with Axe and Smash in a best 3 falls contest. Demolition won the first bout, Hart Foundation the 2nd bout and in the 3rd, out came a 3rd Demolition member (Crush) which Heffner of course knew nothing about. Anyway...Hart Foundation won and they took the Tag Team Title as well!

2. Brett Hart vs Mr. Perfect: The excellence of execution took on another technically gifted wrestler for the IC title in which Brett ended up winning, which signalled the era of Hart as a individual ring man and the end of the Hart Foundation.

Of course, the first WWF title was awesome, the match vs the Brisitish Bulldog where the family showed up which Brett lost his IC title, Owen 'King of Harts' Hart vs Brett, and I remember the match vs Austin which I think he lost where there was a feud between the pair in real life from memory.

Anyway...there has not been a wrestler like him for mine, he was an awesome ring talent both in the squared circle and gimmick wise.

Jono Russell

Bench
id have to disagree and say shawn was not in on it. i remember an interview with mr hickenbottom (spelling) and he was saying that he was really confused after that match the plan was for bret to win and instead he heard the bell ring and had his hand held high.

thuganomics

Coach
somethingwithjohn said:
id have to disagree and say shawn was not in on it. i remember an interview with mr hickenbottom (spelling) and he was saying that he was really confused after that match the plan was for bret to win and instead he heard the bell ring and had his hand held high.

Tell the Montreal people that

somethingwithjohn said:

No...Shawn definitely was in on it. He admitted it a couple of years ago on WWE off the record. And Bret deserved it too btw.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bobby DIGital said:
somethingwithjohn said:

No...Shawn definitely was in on it. He admitted it a couple of years ago on WWE off the record. And Bret deserved it too btw.

yea i remember that
wouldnt go so far as to say Bret deserved it but if he wasnt willing to drop the title then it needed to be done

bender

Juniors
Bretts first big moment was his match against Randy "macho man" Savage when Macho Man fought brett far revenge because he was one of the guys who held Miss Elizabeth's hand while the Honky tonk man smashed her on the head with a guitar. It was a huge match with Savage getting the pinfall with an inside cradle (from memory) after his leg had blown up and Hart had pushed him all the way and came of age as a singles wrestler.

Latest posts