What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most memorable Warriors game

Diesel

Referee
There's a few to choose from, for me I'd have to go the 13-12 win over the Broncos for the first time in 2001.

Others mention would be the towelling we gave to the Broncos in round 3 2010 at Lang Park, the Warriors 2003 semi final win over the Bulldogs and the GF qualifier over the Sharks in 2002 which was a grinding win.

Can't go past beating the Storm from 8th spot in the semis, especially the way it happened in the last minute or two. It was so unexpected.

Misanthrope

Staff member
This is in no way intended as a troll, but I'm bored and I thought I'd chime in.

I recall the Knights were trailing the Warriors at Erricson when Daniel Abraham took a length of the field interception to win us the game. Probably my most remembered game against the Warriors.

If I discount Knights games, it'd be the 2002 Grand Final. I was rooting for the Warriors, so it was heart-breaking to see my (then) most hated team win it.

jaseg

Juniors
Warriors vs Roosters, Round 21, 2007.

31-31 after extra time. Was amazing and sickening at the same time.

LeagueNut

First Grade
I recall the Knights were trailing the Warriors at Erricson when Daniel Abraham took a length of the field interception to win us the game. Probably my most remembered game against the Warriors.
Was that in the 2000 season? I think we had Stacey Jones out with a broken arm and Ben Lythe was filling in - in fact I think Lythe was the reason for the intercept!

Misanthrope

Staff member
I thought it was later than that (for some reason I recall being in my second year of Uni, which would have been 2003), but I could be wrong. 2000 was a good year for us.

Diesel

Referee
Was that in the 2000 season? I think we had Stacey Jones out with a broken arm and Ben Lythe was filling in - in fact I think Lythe was the reason for the intercept!

Was that the drawn game again the Knights?

Diesel

Referee
This is in no way intended as a troll, but I'm bored and I thought I'd chime in.

If I discount Knights games, it'd be the 2002 Grand Final. I was rooting for the Warriors, so it was heart-breaking to see my (then) most hated team win it.

All good, you don't have to be a Warriors fan to have a memorable game they played in, it could've been a game when the Warriors got towelled up by your team... As much as I hate to think about it

captainwarrior

Juniors
There are a few. I said the Bulldogs QF in 03 in the other thread and that sticks out the most, the next week against Canberra where we won thanks to a Stacey Jones field goal stands out too.

Others that stand out are the Storm Preliminary Final in 2011 which is one of the best performances by a Warriors side I've seen, the belting of Brisbane at Suncorp, Sharks PF in 2002, and one of my personal favourites was the win against Brisbane at Lang Park in 2003, where Faumuina threw that pass for Tui.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
All round performance v the storm 2011 semi.

Most memorable v the storm, winning it at the death 01 or 04 maybe.

Most exciting v the tigers 11 finals.

Rebel

First Grade
Both finals games against the Storm were pretty epic.

Special mentions to the Rabbitohs game in 2006 Where we slaughtered then 66-0, and also the Panthers game in 2010 when we literally defended our line the entire second half and didn't conceed a try.

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
The game against the dogs in Wellington sticks out for me, I remember we were down, come back through a Justin Morgan offload to Clinton Toopi to tie it up at 24 all just to see Stace miss one of the easiest kicks of his career.

Sharks in the prelim final 2002 was a great game too, toe to toe. Meli vs Mellor, Jones vs Kimmorley, Peachey vs Cleary, Bird vs Hohaia, Toopi vs McKenna.

Broncos 03 is a memorable one for me too, the one where Faumuina did the overhead pass to Tuimavave.

Diesel

Referee
Both finals games against the Storm were pretty epic.

Special mentions to the Rabbitohs game in 2006 Where we slaughtered then 66-0, and also the Panthers game in 2010 when we literally defended our line the entire second half and didn't conceed a try.

Were we a player down for sin binning in that game or was it just the refs that were helping out Pentith? That was a quality game.

Was the '03 Broncos game in Auckland with the massive fight?

For me it was the 2002 Finals win against the odds and gale force wind to beat the Sharkies. That was an unbelieveable win. We couldn't get out of our own half for most of the second half and then we got the one opportunity and we took it. John Carlaw diving on to a Stacey Jones grubber. Fantastic!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
2011 GF :p

There was that game in Melbourne when Ali scored after the bell to tie the game, 2001 maybe ?

Radio Sport used the commentary in promos for a long time

Diesel

Referee
I was at Lang Park when the Warriors gave Brisbane a touch up in 2010. The crowd was slightly more than 1/2 on the Warriors side cheering and by the 60th min about 80% were cheering for the Warriors. That was one of the best away game crowds IMO

Last edited:

Latest posts